Select Your Ideal MK11 Roster!

My post was more in line with what might be an Earthrealm vs. Outworld tournament. I would rather Jade, Sindel and Shao Kahn sit out this game too. I'll try again here.
Earthrealm:
Scorpion
Sub-Zero
Raiden
Cassie Cage
Johnny Cage
Jacqui Briggs
Cyrax
Kung Jin
Kenshi
Takeda (oops, forgot about him)
6 new characters

Outworld:
Reptile
Tanya
Kano
Erron Black
Mileena
Ermac
Nitara
Reiko
Skarlet
Tremor
6 new characters (One of them being Kano's son.) Maybe.

Neutral:
Liu Kang
Kitana

DLCs:
Kung Lao
Sareena
Li Mei
Shang Tsung
Rain
Goro

I'd add Jade at least since her absence in MKX/L and since many fans have been wondering about her whereabouts. The same about Noob Saibot. Better yet, have those 2 replace Skarlet and Reiko. Jade and Noob Saibot can be in the neutral side of the war too.

any trilogy characters that are not Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Liu Kang, or Kitana should be just be npc. no need to flood the playable roster with trilogy characters.

I'd add Jade at least since her absence in MKX/L and since many fans have been wondering about her whereabouts. The same about Noob Saibot. Better yet, have those 2 replace Skarlet and Reiko. Jade and Noob Saibot can be in the neutral side of the war too.
Yes, Jade will be in it the game in some circumstance, playable or non-playable. But there's only so many I can fit in. One more update for the sake of it. I'm not replacing Reiko with Noob atm NF, but I have replaced Skarlet with Kotal Kahn as a playable boss.
Oh, and Cassie can be the main hero again. But Sub-Zero should also get his turn as well. Those 2 as the main heroes would be very pleasing.8)

Last edited:
I think I don't need to think that much to make up my mind about which characters I would like to see in the next game and which ones I would like to stay away.

First of all, I truly believe that every character introduced in MKX (except for Ferra/Torr, maybe) was cool enough. And about the classic ones... I guess it would be easier to say which ones I don't want to be in MK11.

Kano: I guess he doesn't have anything else to bring to the series. I never liked him, by the way.
Reptile: He became more and more lame with each MK game that was released. He's done.
Quan Chi: He's dead, what did you expect?
Shinnok: He's finished too.
Ferra/Torr: They were promising, but I actually dont think that they have s good enough story to appear on the next game. They were just "grunts" of Kotal Kahn. I like them as fighters, but not that much as characters.
Mileena: She was gone too fast. But she was killed by D'Vorah and I don't really think it would be neccesary to revive her.

Now, getting to business, my ideal roster would be this one (some of them could be released as DLC):

1. Scorpion (in Hanzo Hasashi's look)
2. Sub-Zero
3. Ermac
4. Noob Saibot (after his "death" in MK2011, he was nowhere to be found... He had a lot to offer, in my opinion)
5. Jax
6. Johnny Cage
7. Sonya Blade
8. Cassie Cage
9. Jacqui Briggs
10. Kenshi
11. Takeda
12. Kung Jin
13. Erron Black
14. Kotal Kahn
15. D'Vorah
16. Kitana
17. Jade (she was also nowhere to be found in MKX)
18. Sindel
19. Tanya
20. Tremor
21. Sareena (what are they waiting for to put her as a playable character? She has a cool story and a lot to bring to the series...)
22. Taven
23. Raiden
24. Havik
25. Hotaru
26. (new character)
27. (new character)
28. (new character)
29. (new character)
30. (new character)

I think I don't need to think that much to make up my mind about which characters I would like to see in the next game and which ones I would like to stay away.

First of all, I truly believe that every character introduced in MKX (except for Ferra/Torr, maybe) was cool enough. And about the classic ones... I guess it would be easier to say which ones I don't want to be in MK11.

Kano: I guess he doesn't have anything else to bring to the series. I never liked him, by the way.
Reptile: He became more and more lame with each MK game that was released. He's done.
Quan Chi: He's dead, what did you expect?
Shinnok: He's finished too.
Ferra/Torr: They were promising, but I actually dont think that they have s good enough story to appear on the next game. They were just "grunts" of Kotal Kahn. I like them as fighters, but not that much as characters.
Mileena: She was gone too fast. But she was killed by D'Vorah and I don't really think it would be neccesary to revive her.

Now, getting to business, my ideal roster would be this one (some of them could be released as DLC):

1. Scorpion (in Hanzo Hasashi's look)
2. Sub-Zero
3. Ermac OR SHANG TSUNG
4. Noob Saibot (after his "death" in MK2011, he was nowhere to be found... He had a lot to offer, in my opinion)
5. Jax
6. Johnny Cage
7. NITARA
8. Cassie Cage
9. Jacqui Briggs
10. Kenshi
11. Takeda
12. Kung Jin
13. Erron Black
14. Kotal Kahn
15. D'Vorah
16. Kitana
17. Jade (she was also nowhere to be found in MKX)
18. Sindel
19. Tanya
20. Tremor
21. Sareena (what are they waiting for to put her as a playable character? She has a cool story and a lot to bring to the series...)
22. Taven
23. Raiden
24. LIU KANG
25. Hotaru
26. (new character)
27. (new character)
28. (new character)
29. (new character)
30. (new character)

FIXED!!!

Sonya should rest in peace for a bit and let Cassie borrow some of her other movesets. One of the new characters can be Kano's son.

We will probably have like 6 new Kharacters but I am not adding them on this list I am going to add characters returning from classic to the 3d games.
Trilogy to 4 era MKDA to MKX era
1. Nightwolf 1. Kenshi
2. Liu Kang 2. Shujinko
3. Kitana 3. Taven
4. Shang Tsung 4. Daegon
5. Tanya 5. Onaga
6. Kai 6. Cassie Cage
7. Fujin 7. Sareena
8. Kabal 8. Hotaru
9. Sindel 9. Li Mei
10. Reptile 10. Tremor
11. Goro 11. Havik
12. Stryker 12. Frost
13. Noob Saibot 13. Takeda
14. Rain 14. Dairou
15. Smoke 15. Kotal Kahn
16. Ermac 16. Erron Black
17. Raiden 17. Ashrah
18. Jade 18. Bo Rai Cho
19. Shao Kahn 19. Skarlet
20. Reiko 20. Jacqui Briggs

1. Cassie Cage
2. Jacque Briggs
3. Takeda
4. Kung Jin
5. Johnny Cage
6. Sonya Blade
7. Jax
8. Kenshi
9. Liu Kang
10. Kung Lao
11. Kitana
12. Li Mei
13. Erron Black
14. Mileena
15. Jade
16. Sareena
17. Scorpion
18. Sub Zero
19. Frost
20. Raiden
21. Kotal Khan
22. Stryker
23. Kung Lao
24. D'vorrah
25. Rain
26. Fujin
27. Sindel
28. Skarlet
29. Ermac
30. Ferra/Torr

If there would be a guest character I think Fei Rin (Anarchy Reigns) would be nice. ;)

latest

It's be nice to call MK11 "Mortal Kombat: Double X" and MK12 "Mortal Kombat: Triple X", making the cast dress up like how females dressed in in Dead or Alive 5: Last Round. ;)

1- Sub-Zero.(part of the new must-have characters)
2- Scorpion..(part of the new must-have characters)
3- Raiden....(part of the new must-have characters)
4- Liu Kang..(part of the new must-have characters)
5- Kung Lao.(part of the new must-have characters)
6- Kitana.....(part of the new must-have characters)
7- Reptile....(part of the new must-have characters)
8- Shang Tsung
9- Cassie
10- Jacqui
11- Takeda
12- Kung Jin
13- Kotal Kahn
14- D'Vorah
15- Havik
16- Kenshi
17- Fujin
18- Tanya
19- Tremor
20- post-MK3
21- post-MK3
22- post-MK3
23- new
24- new
25- new

26 thru 32 = DLC

4 of those have the potential to be guests, according to MKX
4 of the others can be Trilogy characters that people want in the most.

**NOTES:

These are just my opinions on the matter and none of this is based on any facts...................

- At this point, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Liu Kang, Kitana and Kung Lao all seem to be the new "must have" characters going forward, so that people don't riot at NRS and keep buying the game or go into a total melt-down.

- Reptile for some reason or another almost never skips a game, either.

- IMO, Johnny, Sonya and Jax can all sit out / retire for a game or 2.
With Cassie and Jacqui, there's no real need for them in the next game aside from cameos, IMO.

- I have a bad feeling about Ferra / Torr and Erron Black not coming back, which is why I excluded them from my list, but I hope I'm wrong (I really liked those 3).

- Kano was just his usual punching bag / henchman self and (IMO) along with Jax, Sonya and Johnny he can also sit out for a game or 2, not dead just rotated for other characters.

With Quan Chi and Mileena dead and Shinnok being left in a state of limbo, that also frees up another 3 spaces.

I think that Tanya will be playable on the main roster, like how Kenshi was DLC in MK9 and then moved to the main roster in MKX.

Shang Tsung returning via Ermac would be cool to see, imo.

As for Noob, Nightwolf and Kabal, with characters like Quan Chi, Mileena and Shinnok out of the picture, that could be some of the freed up spaces I mentioned before, or they could also be DLC.
That's part of the example of the rotation of characters that I was speaking of earlier.
Much like in baseball, football and basketball, when you take 1 player off of the bench, another player comes in in their place.
Again, I also think that the Trilogy characters can also come in via DLC, much like Sektor Cyrax and Smoke were DLC (via Triborg).
I don't see why Trilogy characters can't be DLC, as the would probably sell the 2nd best, right behind guest characters.

1- Sub-Zero
2- Scorpion
3- Raiden
4- Liu Kang
5- Kung Lao
6- Kitana
7- Reptile
8- Sindel
9- Cassie
10- Jacqui
11- Takeda
12- Kung Jin
13- Kotal Kahn
14- D'Vorah
15- Kano or Kano's Son (Black Dragon)
16- Kenshi
17- Fujin
18- Tanya
19- Tremor
20- Li Mei
21- Sareena
22- Triborg or New Cyborg
23- Daegon (Red Dragon)
24- Goro or New Shokan (Unlockable)
25- Onaga (Unlockable)

DLC Pack 1:
26- Guest
27- Shang Tsung
28- Noob Saibot
29- Jade (Normal and/or Possessed)

DLC Pack 2:
30- Baraka or New Tarkatan (Pre-Order Exclusive)
31- Guest
32- Johnny Cage
33- Taven
34- Mileena or Mileena Clone

As long as Kotal, Scorpion and Sektor are in I'll be fine, since I don't have time nor interest to main more than 3 characters. Great gameplay, beast mode and usually have a purpose in story mode. As for casual fcking around:

Tremor and Reptile could have more developed stories, but I liked their gameplay in MKX. Less spec ops and Cages. Had zero interest in Jacqui, Cassie, Tanya or D'Vorah, Sonya or pretty much any female, and I doubt that's going to change. Liked Quan before he was made a b!tch later on in the story, and considering he got his head chopped off...

Kitana and Liu should get hammer kicked in the face, easily the most annoying characters in the game. Kung Lao is the runner up, should be turned into a jobber. Hopefully Mileena is done for good; grown tired of seeing this midget. I'd really like NRS not to make deaths so weightless, and keep dead characters dead.

Last edited:
Raiden
Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Shang Tsung
Shao Kahn (Playable even if only as DLC)
Onaga
Rain
Jade
Smoke
Noob Saibot
Night Wolf (or male tribe member)
Kung Jin
Takeda
Cassie
Jackie
Jax
Johnny Cage
Sonya
Sindel
Sektor
Cyrax
Frost
Goro
Stryker with a K9 to use as a projectile move like Harley's Hyena's in I2
Kano
New member of Kano's gang
New sorcerer
Ferra as a brute
Kotal Kahn
Liu Kang
Kitana
Fujin
Tremor

Don't want back
D'vorah
Erron Black
Bo Rai Cho
Tanya

Characters we don't need
1.Sonya
2.Jax
3.Shinnok
4.Ferra\Torr(i hope they die in mk11)
5.Reptile
6.Stryker
7.More than one shokan
8.Sindel
9.Jacqui(she must die)
10.Kano

Characters we need
1.Noob Saibot
2.One shokan(Goro's father King Gorbak for example)
3.Nightwolf
4.Tanya or Jade
5.Ermac
6.Rain
7.Kenshi
8.One Cyborg
9.Smoke/Enenra
10.Sareena or Li Mei

We don't need any of those characters (IMO) tbh, but the ones that seem most likely to return are the MK1 and MKII characters, for the most part.
Nightwolf and Rain were my 2 mains in MK9, as well, but it wouldn't bother me if they aren't in MK11.

Oh, I had no idea this thread existed. Sorry. :argh:

(pasted from MKX forum)

How's this for a rough roster? Would you be happy with this, or disappointed? Let's assume that the story is an alt. timeline continuation of MK9/MKX, covering DA and Deception -- or at least some kind of variation of that era.

Blaze
Bo' Rai Cho
Cassie Cage
D'Vorah
Erron Black
Frost
Fujin
Havik
Jacqui Briggs
Jade
Kenshi
Kitana