Mortal Kombat XL available March 1st

I'd rather wait a week and just play as Tri-Borg in the Premiere Tower, and practice with him that way, rather than spending $20 for 3 additional characters that I don't want.

[MENTION=16500]Kitty_55[/MENTION]
Aside from the balaclava (hood) and mask, the rest is quite similar, imo, and I could easily see how some could wrongly mistake that for a Frost skin, just going by the video alone.
Maybe I'm wrong on that, though........

MKXL Frost comments 1.jpg

Now you're giving people too much credibility, in an age where people judge things by first appearance.
I'm not surprised by the things that people do anymore.
I had a lady once ask me (not as a joke) where the button for the 3rd floor was in an elevator, with the button clearly marked "3."

Well, I mean I know there are those kind of people. But I like to have some faith in people in thinking that if they saw something in a video and they want to see it again, all they have to do is just re-wind and pause it to get a good glimpse.

Otherwise, I'm just going to keep using that League of Legends picture as a way to describe how I feel about people who are those who aren't aware of a #3 button.

Boon has just confirmed the Pit is free as the MKXL compatibility update on March 1st. Not surprising, although that probably rules out any free compatibility skins...

Boon has just confirmed the Pit is free as the MKXL compatibility update on March 1st. Not surprising, although that probably rules out any free compatibility skins...

Sweet, and the Pit finisher is a Stage FAtality too, which I'm happy about.
I guess we'll have at least 1 Stage FAtality in MKX. :)

Maybe the patch will come in the 3rd week of February or so.
People who pre-ordered KP1 got early access to the characters, a week before everyone else, so maybe they'll roll out the patch on the week of February 22 to prepare for KP2 ;)

I was hoping we'd get the first DLC character/patch on Tuesday, after Sunday's kombat kast.

Could still happen I suppose... =/

I was thinking the same thing about KP2 characters, before the March 1 date was officially announced for KP2 / XL in the trailer.
I would love to get the patch on Tuesday, though.

I, for one, am pretty satisfied with MKX now. And, I think MKXL will be perfect for the many people trying MK for the first time. Although several of the DLC characters left a bitter taste in my mouth I can easily say that the MK related characters were a lovely addition to the roster. Can't wait for the next MK :)

Boon has never said that it comes on March 1st. The whole KP2 thing is timed to help MKX against SFV. It would be pointless to push out a DLC on February 22nd, a week after SFV.

I think it will be something like this:

01.26. KP2 will be available for purchase and Triborg will be downloadable for KP2 owners
02.02. Triborg is available for purchase separately/2nd DLC will be available for KP2 owners
02.09. 2nd DLC for everyone/3rd DLC is for KP2 owners
02.16. 3rd DLC for everyone/KP2 is available for KP2 owners on the day SFV comes out
02.23. 4th DLC is for everyone
03.01. MKXL is out

Anything besides that makes no sense. NRS marketing usually stinks but I'll definitely do it like this. KP2 against SFV release, but all characters are out for KP2 owners before MKXL to give them some exclusive content (they can get it before everyone else).
Anything beyond that is pointless. KP2 separately won't sell if it is available only when the whole package is out.

And it is nothing like KP1. I'm sure that all 4 kombatants are ready with the Pit so it won't take 4 compatibility patches but only one. That'll update the whole game to XL, then you need to buy DLC to unlock the characters. Balance pathes are expected though.

He said: 'The Pit (with background fatality) comes FREE as the compatibility download when we all transition to MKXL :)'

MKXL is released on March 1st, and it's very likely KP2 and the XL upgrade are released on the same date. Ergo, the patch is likely March 1st.

He said: 'The Pit (with background fatality) comes FREE as the compatibility download when we all transition to MKXL :)'

MKXL is released on March 1st, and it's very likely KP2 and the XL upgrade are released on the same date. Ergo, the patch is likely March 1st.
Patch could come early in preparation for MKXL just like we got patches a week or so before a KP character was released so Im hoping it happens before march.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Patch could come early in preparation for MKXL just like we got patches a week or so before a KP character was released so Im hoping it happens before march.
This is my guess / hope as well.
Since the patches come earlier than the DLC, then I'm hoping that this patch releases sooner, to prep for XL, and so that I Have another stage to use.

To me, they're on a par with the Brazil skins. I'm not a big fan of the UMK3 ninja designs anyway, but the ones in MKX are not even accurate, and giving one to Cassie is just bizarre. I really don't care about Jacqui... I thoroughly dislike the character in every sense.

If we've been given f--king cosplay skins at the expense of more klassic sets... :|