Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Not Good

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Ryuzaki (Google it)

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

kadell

What's up everyone!

As we know, with every New Year comes a new set of goals for said year. IMO, 2015 has been a year full of L's for everyone around the world in one aspect or another. However, I really believe 2016 will be the year for everyone. So I'd liked to ask:
What is your overall review of 2015?
(If Anything) What do you plan to change in 2016?
What are your Goals for 2016?

For me, in terms of the World, Gaming, Movies, ect. I'd say 2015 is probably one of the worst years for me so far. Not worst as in something drastic happened in MY life, but worst as in everything that I see going on in all of these mediums. To be specific (excluding the stuff happening in the world):
-Evolve's Scam-Like DLC
-Order 1886 Devs shaming people
-Console Wars
-Slight Disappointment in MKX Story and Roster wise
-Lack of Games I purchased
-Sailor Moon Crystal
-MGSV Chapter 2
-Fantastic 4 Reboot
-Jem and the Holograms Movie
-Ect.

The only thing I plan to change in 2016 is how much work I put into everything as I've been extremely lazy when it come to writing, school, and even playing games. Heck, I've been so dry in watching anime and playing games to the point where their are so many games and Anime that I haven't finished in 2015 that I'll need to catch up on in 2016 and then some because It's a lot of pre-2013 anime I still want to watch and I haven't watched any post-2013 anime since Dangan Ronpa (well except for Laughing under the Clouds). Another thing I'd like to change is my Genre in Gaming. After FFXIII, FFVI, FFT-0, FFXV Duscae, and FF2 I've become heavily interested in JRPGs and I definitely play to put a lot of focus on play the other hundreds of JRPGs I missed. Except Dragon Quest. Dragon Quest VIII Turned me all the way off when it was first released back then. The FFXII Demo was better to me at that time. I already know the story of FF7, but with the remake coming I might wait for that. Still might get it for iOS though.

My Goals for 2016 are gonna be pretty big.
-Finish the Games I didn't Beat in 2015
-Finish the Anime I didn't finish in 2015
-Play 10 JRPGs including any of the New JRPGs that come out next year
-Watch 25+ Anime/J-Dramas to completion (Excluding those I need to finish)
-Finish my Mass Effect Starlight Darkness Fanfiction
-Release all Chapters of my Legend of Zelda and Reklaim: MK fanfiction Stories
-Begin Working on my Games and Novella/Novels (finishing at least one of each)
-Get a Nice paying Job (Hopefully over 20K a year)
-Complete My Junior Year College Courses (Pretty Much Manditory)
-Have over 90 YT Videos released before the end of 2016 (Need more PS4 Games though)
-Return to buying/selling stuff on EBay
-Improve on my Writing and Drawing Skills
-Finally regain my Lucid Dreaming ability that I haven't had since 2014

Don't know if I tackled all of the goals, but I'll update them if I get any new ones. So I'd like to know, what about everyone else?

Very good posts. Your list sounds lengthy. I hope you accomplish those goals!!! I take it you're a 3DS fan?? So am I. 2015 was a mixed year for me. Wasn't the greatest, but wasn't bad either.

What are my resolutions gonna be?? Hmmm. More time spent on TRMK. :p. Lol. But, besides that, I want to have more energy to do the things I like. I want to be more creative. I want to learn how to draw, so that I can finally start in my 2D fighting game project. I just want to be a more active person in general. But most of all, I want 2016 to be memorable.

I want to also clear my backlog of games. Too many interesting games I haven't gotten around to not playing.

Hmm, well, this summer I slacked on running because the weather was never really cooperating for me and I hate gyms. Treadmills don't do me justice and I actually get very dizzy after using them, so I avoid working out at a gym as much as possible. I would like to get back into running shape as well as helping my boyfriend work out (providing that he doesn't get into another car accident) to where we could probably do some mud run or the 5k obstacle course.

We're also getting my uncle's condo. We're going to work on it even harder after New Years because the kitchen and the laundry room needs to be touched up. But other than that, it's ours and I cannot wait to move out!

Also, I am hoping that I can get a good animation job down the line and help with the condo stuff so that it's not just my boyfriend doing all the work on it.

I am also currently in the progress of writing an autobiography about the medical condition I suffer from and hope that I can finish it. Not too many people know that I'm trying to do this but I want to because after the amount of bullshit that I've gotten these last few years from people after them finding out I have this condition, it makes me realize that not too many people actually know what syncope is and I would like to at least have an opportunity to make people aware. So I got that.

I also would like to feel better too. Both my boyfriend and I are sick, he had bronchitis and I've suffered a real nasty cold with a sore throat. Thankfully my nose didn't get stuffed up during this. 1.) I have a deviated septum and I can't breathe out of my nose whatsoever and 2.) Sore throat + clogged up nose + me who sleeps with her mouth open = a morning of an inflamed throat and no voice. I HATE THAT. So yeah.

Put gaming aside and focus on myself.

Meaning getting a good paying job now that I've graduated, getting my dream car, working on my body, finding a wife, travelling, etc. Because the main thing I've learnt this year is life is way too damn short.

Nice thread you got here, man.
2015 got bad for me during Q3 and Q4 of the year. I'm just thankful I was able to see my family before the year ends.

My goals for 2016 include:

-Get an internship (paid hopefully)
-To be able to complete my homework and to be on top of my grades this semester
-To hone my skills as an "artist" so I can find a suitable style that I enjoy
-Also to be more consistent in my creative works
-Draw and work on my writing more if I have the time
-Get laid maybe but highly doubtful

Hope all you dudes (and dudettes) accomplish your goals you beautiful snowflakes

Excercise - I started early 2015 (though wish I started much earlier in life) and been working out 3 days a week on a consistent basis. My routine has been exclusively strength training. I want to add an additional day for cardiovascular exercise for my overall health. I have a old bicycle I want to start using again, but I need to do something about the rusty chains first.

Diet - Something to tie in with excercise; in my attempt at bulking, I have been consuming more calories. Unfortunately, they are mostly coming from fast food and other other unhealthy foods. I'm considering cooking simple food, which can also save money in the long run.

Art - I've had a dry spell in art for several years. I haven't done anything beyond small sketches. While I yearn for a doing something creative, it's been hard to motivate myself to actually set aside time for art.

Organization - My space is in disarray most of the time, and I tend to have trouble keeping up with my documents. I need to be more vigilant about putting things in order and save myself headaches in the long run.

Clear my backlog The least important of the bunch, but there are books, movies, and video games that have been sitting on my shelf and have to yet to enjoy them. Those hours for naps could have been dedicated to them.

Last edited:
also another main goal for aside from working out and getting out there by myself (go to a completely separate area not too far but not to close to family) is to finally get a Wacom Cintiq and this is one thing i don't wanna cut corners on imma get the largest one they have too and get an I Mac computer to go with it and take my art to a whole new level.

[MENTION=955]outworld222[/MENTION] Nice! What kind of fighting game you're working on?

[MENTION=8701]poptdp[/MENTION] Now That's pretty cool. I hope you accomplish those. I've been planning them out slowly but sure so I'd be ready for when I finally graduate. What's did you graduate in?

[MENTION=10945]YungQ94[/MENTION] Cool, hope you get that internship. And when you do, make sure to let me know how that went so I can be prepared when/if I get one.

Hmm, well, this summer I slacked on running because the weather was never really cooperating for me and I hate gyms. Treadmills don't do me justice and I actually get very dizzy after using them, so I avoid working out at a gym as much as possible. I would like to get back into running shape as well as helping my boyfriend work out (providing that he doesn't get into another car accident) to where we could probably do some mud run or the 5k obstacle course.

We're also getting my uncle's condo. We're going to work on it even harder after New Years because the kitchen and the laundry room needs to be touched up. But other than that, it's ours and I cannot wait to move out!

Also, I am hoping that I can get a good animation job down the line and help with the condo stuff so that it's not just my boyfriend doing all the work on it.

I am also currently in the progress of writing an autobiography about the medical condition I suffer from and hope that I can finish it. Not too many people know that I'm trying to do this but I want to because after the amount of bullshit that I've gotten these last few years from people after them finding out I have this condition, it makes me realize that not too many people actually know what syncope is and I would like to at least have an opportunity to make people aware. So I got that.

I also would like to feel better too. Both my boyfriend and I are sick, he had bronchitis and I've suffered a real nasty cold with a sore throat. Thankfully my nose didn't get stuffed up during this. 1.) I have a deviated septum and I can't breathe out of my nose whatsoever and 2.) Sore throat + clogged up nose + me who sleeps with her mouth open = a morning of an inflamed throat and no voice. I HATE THAT. So yeah.

Congrats on the condo! I can't lie, I had no clue what Syncope was, but after looking it up just now that sounds serious. I think there was one girl I remember having this, but at the time I didn't know what it was called. And at the time because of her large stature and size, though I feel kinda wrong for it now, I thought she had a heart attack. Definitely would be good to have that autobiography.

And I thought I was the only one sick this year, lol. Other than being a Taxi Cab driver for my Brother, I literally haven't went outside of my house (are aunt's house while visiting in Georgia) except for around 10 days or less.

Also, what type of animation are you trying to get into.

Excercise - I started early 2015 (though wish I started much earlier in life) and been working out 3 days a week on a consistent basis. My routine has been exclusively strength training. I want to add an additional day for cardiovascular exercise for my overall health. I have a old bicycle I want to start using again, but I need to do something about the rusty chains first.

Diet - Something to tie in with excercise; in my attempt at bulking, I have been consuming more calories. Unfortunately, they are mostly coming fast food and other other unhealthy foods. I'm considering cooking simple food, which can also save money in the long run.

Art - I've had a dry spell in art for several years. I haven't done anything beyond small sketches. While I yearn for a doing something creative, it's been hard to motivate myself to actually set aside time for art.

Organization - My space is in disarray most of the time, and I tend to have trouble keeping up with my documents. I need to be more vigilant about putting things in order and save myself headaches in the long run.

Clear my backlog The least important of the bunch, but there are books, movies, and video games that have been sitting on my shelf and have to yet to enjoy them. Those hours for naps could have been dedicated to them.

I was gonna add exercise on my list, but I know 9/10 I'm only gonna do it one month, probably 2 max lol. But I did forget to add learn how to cook because well, let's just say the culinary skills of the 21 & Under Club are lacking. I haven't been doing that much art either, or at least not as much as I did in 2014. Hopefully I'll be able to do more whenever I get me a digital drawing pad because the "draw, scan, redraw" process is starting to get tedious and I never complete the "redraw" step. Speaking of drawing...

also another main goal for aside from working out and getting out there by myself (go to a completely separate area not too far but not to close to family) is to finally get a Wacom Cintiq and this is one thing i don't wanna cut corners on imma get the largest one they have too and get an I Mac computer to go with it and take my art to a whole new level.

The one I was trying to get at first was the 24HD Pen Display, until I saw that $1800 price tag. I might eventually get the Huion GT-190 since it's cheaper on Amazon. I basically want to see the image and use photoshop on screen and I haven't seen any other tablets do it except the Wacom tablets. But do you know any alternative (aka cheaper than $200) tablets that work somewhat as good?

The one I was trying to get at first was the 24HD Pen Display, until I saw that $1800 price tag. I might eventually get the Huion GT-190 since it's cheaper on Amazon. I basically want to see the image and use photoshop on screen and I haven't seen any other tablets do it except the Wacom tablets. But do you know any alternative (aka cheaper than $200) tablets that work somewhat as good?

unfortunately i don't know of any tablet that is not a cintiq that is cheaper than $200

1. Save enough money to move out on my own since I do live with my parents. (I doubt I'll be moving out but at least save more money to move out within 3 years.)

2. To be a lot wiser in situations and take advantage of everything useful when drama starts.

3. To look more on opportunities that appear on my way before deciding if I should take them or not.

4. To vote for the right President and to make sure ISIS do NOT TAKE OVER THE US!

5. To have the better abilities to protect my loved ones and friends when drama starts.

6. To be more active when going against homophobia, bullying, racism, and body fascism.

Congrats on the condo! I can't lie, I had no clue what Syncope was, but after looking it up just now that sounds serious. I think there was one girl I remember having this, but at the time I didn't know what it was called. And at the time because of her large stature and size, though I feel kinda wrong for it now, I thought she had a heart attack. Definitely would be good to have that autobiography.

And I thought I was the only one sick this year, lol. Other than being a Taxi Cab driver for my Brother, I literally haven't went outside of my house (are aunt's house while visiting in Georgia) except for around 10 days or less.

Also, what type of animation are you trying to get into.

Yeah, syncope is a pain to deal with. Just constantly having to watch myself doing anything otherwise I'm just passing out. And with animation, it's really whatever I can get into. I know a lot of 2D and I'm teaching myself Zbrush since I was stuck with Maya and for some reason a lot of game companies prefer you knowing that more than Maya.

To vote for the right President and to make sure ISIS do NOT TAKE OVER THE US!

Heh, even if we have to be stuck with a shitty president, they are far, far, FAR from taking over anything in the US.

Last edited:
Yeah, syncope is a pain to deal with. Just constantly having to watch myself doing anything otherwise I'm just passing out. And with animation, it's really whatever I can get into. I know a lot of 2D and I'm teaching myself Zbrush since I was stuck with Maya and for some reason a lot of game companies prefer you knowing that more than Maya.

Heh, even if we have to be stuck with a shitty president, they are far, far, FAR from taking over anything in the US.

Thank you. It rang an alarm to me when some of my middle eastern friends went for a vacation around Fall in their country just to find out that ISIS have been preparing to over throw the US and have been hoping Hilary would win so they can over throw her due to the fact she is a woman. But I believe you're right anyways. :)

I was gonna add exercise on my list, but I know 9/10 I'm only gonna do it one month, probably 2 max lol. But I did forget to add learn how to cook because well, let's just say the culinary skills of the 21 & Under Club are lacking. I haven't been doing that much art either, or at least not as much as I did in 2014. Hopefully I'll be able to do more whenever I get me a digital drawing pad because the "draw, scan, redraw" process is starting to get tedious and I never complete the "redraw" step. Speaking of drawing...

When I started exercising, it was because I was desperate enough to change myself. If you have trouble sticking to an exercise routine, you should ask yourself what is keeping you from sticking to it, and make the necessary adjustments. For example, if you are bored with doing the same exercises, you can alternate with another exercise to spice things up. Maybe you need people to motivate you; perhaps you bring a friend along, sign for a class/group exercise, or hire a personal trainer. I would suggest going easy the first time around and build up from there, otherwise you might burn yourself out. Personally, I limit my sessions to 1 hour, as your energy levels and focus will deteriorate as time goes on.

As for drawing, I mostly use just pencils. I wish to expand with other mediums though, including digital. I thought about investing in a tablet, but I don't know what to get and what programs can use them. If the program requires a decent graphics card, I'll probably have to invest in a new computer, which is something I'm not yet ready to do. Even without new tools, I should set aside some time for art.

[MENTION=12191]kadell[/MENTION] i graduated law so gonna be a lawyer soon. and thanks! hope you accomplish yours too

My 2015 was Ok, but I see lots of room for improvement in 2016....

Diet & Exercise -
My wife and I have been going the gym with a personal trainer for a while, but I feel like my diet could use some change.
More healthy calories and a bigger amount, eating 5 times a day with healthy snacks in-between, and eating more green veggies along with my proteins.

Financial -
My biggest goal this year is getting a huge chunk of my school debt paid off, and I plan on doing that by reducing other small loan and credit card, and doing a debt snowball system.
The debt snowball system is essentially using the money from 1 previous debt and applying it to another debt to pay it off quicker.
For example, if a credit card bill is $50 and the student loan is $350, once the credit card is paid off you apply the $50 to the student loan.
Being debt free is a huge plan of mine, especially with us going house hunting soon and beginning that process.

Career -
This is my other big area that I'm tackling.
I have my recording studio name finalized and got my business checking, credit and savings accounts done as well.
I need to do the merchant services with the bank (credit / debit card reader) and finish up the studio website and I'm good to go.
I'm getting together with a few people that I know that are doing cinematography and also have leads into the growing game industry down here, so those are some projects and collaborations that I'm really looking forward to, as well.

Gaming -
I don't perceive myself having as much time for gaming, which is why I'm sticking with just MKX and Rocket League to play on my spare gaming / TV hours, and the only game that I'm really waiting on for next year is Dishonored 2.
Aside from Dishonored 2, any other game that I'm interested in I'll get once my top goals here are accomplished.

I'll bite and post a few things I'm trying to do for 2016:

So far, I'm trying to obtain my CDL permit so I can train in driving commercial vehicles..... I do work, but I can't be working in this store forever. As for diet, yeah it sucks hugely. but it's due to me working for a lot of hours, almost everyday due to unpredictable scheduling. So I'm trying to cook more often when I'm off, plus pushing myself to eat better. As for exercise, same situation as with food problems. So I have to find a way to do my workouts while at home. Artistic-wise: I have one backlog with my gunpla, but planning on getting one to start for 2016. And as for games, although I haven't had my 360 on for a long time ever since I bought my X-Box One, I really need to finish Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner.