How to Beat Kintaro and Shao Kahn in MK:II (MK:AK)

Nerd101

Are these two driving you to the brink of insanity?Owie.png205.pngWell this is how to get your revenge! Also keep in mind that this is the Arcade Kollection version of Mortal Kombat: 2

Kintaro: You must pick either select Shang Tsung or Kung Lao. Spam jump kick when the round starts. But you need to time it just right, you need to jump kick him right when his roar starts when he tries to punish you when you attempt to jump. Another way to know when you should strike is to watch Kintaro closely, you'll see a couple of frames when he tries to uppercut you and at the exact moment you see that you need to kick.

Shao Kahn: This will work with any character but the two best are Scorpion and Sub-Zero, while Scorpion is better for this, Sub-Zero should work just fine. So choose the character you wish to beat him with. When the round starts instantly jump backwards until you reach the end of the arena. Once you've done that you need to crouch and block and stay that way until Shao Kahn attempts to shoulder charge you. When he does this and he has failed to land it you should then uppercut him and then instantly go back in the crouch block. If you chose Scorpion do the same thing but when Shao Kahn taunts you, you need to spear him and uppercut him and then go back to your crouch block. Do the same thing with Sub-Zero but instead of the spear, use the freeze. There you go! You're the Mortal Kombat champion!

Last edited:
If MK2 in MK:AK is anything like the MAME-emulated arcade versions, then the "spam jumpkick because he will most likely try to uppercut and miss" is a cheap trick that works at least 50% of the time with any character.

For Shao Kahn, a better and easier technique, which works on all versions I tried so far, is jump directly in front of him and duck (no block). At this point he will try a random attack. Most of them will miss and you will get a free uppercut. Only the shoulder charge will hit you. You need 7 uppercuts (or 6 uppercuts + another attack) to kill him, and he needs 4 shoulder charges to kill you. The odds are generally in your favor. For some characters it is easier, cause you can follow up with a projectile. For example, for some reason, Kahn never blocks Shang Tsung's triple skulls.

Spam Raiden's Superman move chronically. He'll block most of your charges but its important that you're constantly spamming that move because you'll safely chip towards victory. Eventually he'll taunt and will be open. This will give you more ground and more damage on him which increase your chance of winning more. It's so easy. You're just pushing back, back, forward the entire time. Yes, sometimes he'll get a hit on you and push you closer to your corner but its not hard to work around if you're consistently charging him.

Baraka, I think was the second easiest method for me. I relied mostly on catching him with the chop-chop blades and sharding him when he's open at a distance. Basically, you can chop-chop blade your way through the entire ladder. Baraka's my MK2 main.

Last edited: