Kombat Pack 2 Reveal tomorrow!

I wouldn't buy Baraka.
In that scenario I'd probably just buy Bo Rai Cho, DL the compatibility patches for the other 3 and just call it a day.
Why not Baraka? I'd only buy Baraka and Bo' Rai Cho. Bo' Rai Cho would have interesting dialogue with Liu, Lao, Jin, Raiden and Sub.

Why not Baraka? I'd only buy Baraka and Bo' Rai Cho. Bo' Rai Cho would have interesting dialogue with Liu, Lao, Jin, Raiden and Sub.

Because he's just as boring and bland as Jax to me. That's why.
Plus, I'd rather have more post-MK3 debut characters in future games, so that would be me voting with my wallet.
I know that someone will try to spin that around to make me the bad guy for having a different opinion, though.

Wouldn't buy anything, it's just boring. The fact they didn't make Baraka, Rain and Tanya part of the original roster is just weak. They are NPC in story mode but are not playable because of laziness. I would like to see Fujin and Reiko because they should have been part of the OR as well.

I want also to see Noob Saibot and maybe some story arcs for Fujin, Noob and Reiko. But this is only dreaming, I know it won't happen.

I really hate Bo Rai Cho. Never would I buy this character. He is as interesting as Kobra or Mokap.

I love Baraka because he's one of the most unique, I like his move-set (Even if he hasn't been top-tier since MK trilogy) and looks badass, even if story-wise he's just a jobber.
If they make Bo Rai Cho a joke, farting and puking again then I won't buy him. He needs to portray someone who trained the best fighters ever, not a silly drunk.

Wouldn't buy anything, it's just boring. The fact they didn't make Baraka, Rain and Tanya part of the original roster is just weak. They are NPC in story mode but are not playable because of laziness. I would like to see Fujin and Reiko because they should have been part of the OR as well.

I want also to see Noob Saibot and maybe some story arcs for Fujin, Noob and Reiko. But this is only dreaming, I know it won't happen.

I really hate Bo Rai Cho. Never would I buy this character. He is as interesting as Kobra or Mokap.

Hey, Ken (er, Kobra) is pretty cool! Who am I kidding? The fact that NRS didn't get sued for blatant swagger jacking is beyond me. I don't think Bo will be part of the Kombat Pack that's upcoming, though. I have a hunch that they are saving him for the next game. Don't put all your eggs in one basket, you know?

Plus, I'd rather have more post-MK3 debut characters in future games, so that would be me voting with my wallet.
I know that someone will try to spin that around to make me the bad guy for having a different opinion, though.

I know why you REALLY don't like Jax. :gr_devil:

How dare you hate a classic like Baraka! Are you even a Mk fan?!?! Jk... :)
I agree with you id like more post mk3 characters. Unfortunately most of them have died. (Reiko, Havik, Drahmin) Still other good ones available like Hotaru tho, I just feel like he's not very popular and won't sell.

Baraka is too godlike though. No post MK3 character, sans Chi, can hold a candle to him.
Sad to see so many limp noodles begging for lame wads like Reiko and Rain when we have a true OG in dire need of a final hoorah

I'm a big fan of Baraka, so even if he is not DLC for MKX then I hope he would return in MK11. He's a iconic character that has a good fanbase, he will likely come back sooner then later. He return in MKD because fans wanted him back and fans thought he died in MK4/MKG.

I'm a big fan of Baraka, so even if he is not DLC for MKX then I hope he would return in MK11. He's a iconic character that has a good fanbase, he will likely come back sooner then later. He return in MKD because fans wanted him back and fans thought he died in MK4/MKG.

But is that a good thing? I like Baraka but the whole concept of "No one really dies in MK" cheapens death. I believe once a character is dead, they should stay dead but ONE revival is fine in certain cases. I just don't feel like Baraka has ever been that vital to the plot of any game. Again, cool character and one of my favorites to use in MKII but he should probably stay dead. He doesn't have the clout of a character like, say, Mileena.

I know why you REALLY don't like Jax. :gr_devil:

I don't even know what you're trying to imply with that?

How dare you hate a classic like Baraka! Are you even a Mk fan?!?! Jk... :)
I agree with you id like more post mk3 characters. Unfortunately most of them have died. (Reiko, Havik, Drahmin) Still other good ones available like Hotaru tho, I just feel like he's not very popular and won't sell.

Actually, only a handful of the post-MK3 characters have died in this new timeline.
Fujin, Sareena, Hotaru and the majority of the post-MK3 roster aren't dead.
While I may not have liked a majority of the post-MK3 roster aside from Fujin, Sareena, Hotaru, Havik, Reiko, Kenshi and Quan Chi, the difference is that (unlike most of the people stuck in the Trilogy era - not you) I'm willing to give those post-MK3 characters a 2nd chance.
If NRS didn't give Kenshi, Quan Chi, Shinnok or Tayna another chance after the old Armaggedon timeline, I'm pretty sure that most people still wouldn't take Shinnok as seriously as they did in MKX or have taken another look at Tanya (save for the few Tanya fans in these threads).
Just about any character can get revamped to be awesome in this new timeline (MK9 and MKX), and yet people are quick to dismiss the majority of the 3D roster because "dat 3dee eruh sux. Herp derp."
Let's all forget that NRS went back to a 2D playing field with MK9 and hasn't looked back, though.
That's my point.
Nevermind that just about every character (even the MK1 thru UMK3 characters) sucked major ass in the 3D era, and that characters like Quan Chi, Kenshi and Tanya also came from the 3D era, but whatever.
Double standards for certain characters, I guess.

EDIT:
The limp noodle Trilogy fans that want MK to be stuck in Trilogy mode forever, then have the audacity to wonder why MK has the same repeated roster, game after game.
Welp, it's because you ask for the same shit game after game, so characters like the 8 new ones get buried under the rug, while the same repeated shit is rehashed and recycled.
Instead of MKX, why didn't these people just ask Ed Boon and NRS to make MK9.5?

Last edited:
Baraka is too godlike though. No post MK3 character, sans Chi, can hold a candle to him.
Sad to see so many limp noodles begging for lame wads like Reiko and Rain when we have a true OG in dire need of a final hoorah

rofl, baraka is shitlike and even Reiko with a revamp would be better than him

I don't even know what you're trying to imply with that?

Actually, only a handful of the post-MK3 characters have died in this new timeline.
Fujin, Sareena, Hotaru and the majority of the post-MK3 roster aren't dead.
While I may not have liked a majority of the post-MK3 roster aside from Fujin, Sareena, Hotaru, Havik, Reiko, Kenshi and Quan Chi, the difference is that (unlike most of the people stuck in the Trilogy era - not you) I'm willing to give those post-MK3 characters a 2nd chance.
If NRS didn't give Kenshi, Quan Chi, Shinnok or Tayna another chance after the old Armaggedon timeline, I'm pretty sure that most people still wouldn't take Shinnok as seriously as they did in MKX or taken another look at Tanya.
Just about any character can get revamped to be awesome in this new timeline (MK9 and MKX), and yet people are quick to dismiss the majority of the 3D roster because "dat 3dee eruh sux. Herp derp."
That's my point.
Nevermind that just about every character (even the MK1 thru UMK3 characters) sucked major ass in the 3D era, and that characters like Quan Chi, Kenshi and Tanya came from the 3D era, but whatever.
Double standards, I guess.

I'm just messing with you, Commander. Your post has me dying at work, though, dude. "Dat 3dee eruh sux." :gr_jest:

Hey, watch your mouth! Reiko is LIFE, with or without a revamp!

dawg, I'm a reiko fan myself but he has nothing distinctive about him right now (moves, that is, not appearance wise). he hasn't had his chance for a revamp yet but I think we'll be seeing him in the next game

So if these characters are still months away, then those shadows are more than likely placeholders. They just snagged some npc models and blackened them out to raise speculation I'm guessing.

I wouldn't buy Baraka.
In that scenario I'd probably just buy Bo Rai Cho, DL the compatibility patches for the other 3 and just call it a day.

I just said that cause Bo was never a cool character for me. But if that pack was really released and they revamped him as they did to lot of characters, i'd buy Bo as well.

As far as i'd love to have Reiko, i think they should keep him for the next game (and i doubt he'll make this pack). But his variations could be SICK in MKX.

Shang Tsung and Reiko are a must for MK11.

I like Baraka's role in MKD where he was help to be apart of Onaga's army and had his Tarkatan army kill off Jax, Sonya and Johnny Cage. Maybe in MK11, he can have a bigger role again.

Leave Baraka alone. They need to have Mileena and Baraka return from the Dream Realm (lol @ this being a thing) with a new purpose and some new tools. Let's make Baraka fresh again.