Kombat Kast (31.08.2015 - 4:00 PM EST)- Patch Notes Stream

I don't understand the changes for spectral ermac. I don't like how they worded things... BK? Cmon

The FP/BP and FK/BK thing is especially confusing because correct me if I'm wrong but in the old trilogy games weren't the kicks reversed? It was Low Punch/High Punch and Low Kick/High Kick and the sweep was B+LK (or B3).

I see. If a female (i.e. unpopular) characters gets improved, its is "asinine"... but when one of the golden boys (Scorpion, Sub Zero, et al.) receives the same treatment it is "much needed", "cool", ...

I predict I am going to be called a _rude word for African American_ and a _rude word for homosexual_ more than usual tonight, when online Scorpions and Sub Zeros receive my Tanya's 32% throw.

This is totally wrong. The amount of posts/threads I have seen over the months on the subject of wanting more females/wanting them to be treated with more respect, in terms of their clothing etc. Tanya got a great reaction, many wanted her too. Females are far from unpopular.

A move you perform with a single button without meter at 32% would be wrong for anyone.

FP = 1 = X/Square
BP = 2 = Y/Triangle
FK = 3 = A/X
BK = 4 = B/Circle

Thx for clearing that up. I thought those moves were always able to be chained. But Iove how going into the hover is MUCH faster now so I can do other things now. Can't wait to try out some other characters.

This is totally wrong. The amount of posts/threads I have seen over the months on the subject of wanting more females/wanting them to be treated with more respect, in terms of their clothing etc. Tanya got a great reaction, many wanted her too. Females are far from unpopular.

A move you perform with a single button without meter at 32% would be wrong for anyone.

If only you were right...
Looks like KP2 is going to be female-free.
#MoneyTalks

Apart from Skarlet there are no decent females left so I'm glad the KP2 seems to be female free.

No, people want Sareena to be decent but truth is she sucks right now. Big time.

Sareena sucks now?
What are you basing that off of?
The terrible 3D era?
Well, if you're going with that logic, then Kenshi and Tanya were also shitty in that era, for me.
That's not the case now ever since both of them got a good revamp, but I don't see why any character can't get a good revamp.
NRS proved with MK9 and MKX that Tanya and Kenshi can get good revamps, and that any character can shine, given the opportunity to do so with 3 variations.

Tanya is Sareena. Black magic and gymnastics. Wtf else could she possibly do?

I'm alright with clone characters on the main roster, but as standalone dlc? No thanks

I said the same thing with Ermac and Kenshi, prior to MK9.
Nothing but telekinesis clones, and look at how they revamped Kenshi in MK9 and MKX.
Don't be so close-minded.

Tanya is Sareena. Black magic and gymnastics. Wtf else could she possibly do?

I'm alright with clone characters on the main roster, but as standalone dlc? No thanks
Sareena predates Tanya by several months (Sareena's concept art was published in various gaming magazines, if my memory serves correctly, while MK4 was in beta testing, which includes the MK4 Road Tour, and Tanya wasn't even known to exist until the first official Revision of MK4). In fact, if anything, Tanya is a more of a clone of Kitana than Sareena is of Kitana, because Tanya's roster spot was originally intended for Kitana to begin with (how else to explain the boomerang weapon, in similar shape to Kitana's fan, and having a derivative of her Kiss of Death Fatality?).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Sareena sucks now?
What are you basing that off of?
The terrible 3D era?
Well, if you're going with that logic, then Kenshi and Tanya were also shitty in that era, for me.
That's not the case now ever since both of them got a good revamp, but I don't see why any character can't get a good revamp.
NRS proved with MK9 and MKX that Tanya and Kenshi can get good revamps, and that any character can shine, given the opportunity to do so with 3 variations.

Sareena is pre-3D era.

Sareena is pre-3D era.

Sareena was playable pre-3D era?
Really?
I'll wait here until you find a playable pre-3D era Sareena.
Go ahead, I'll wait.
Didn't think so.

The point is that someone saying that MKX Sareena would be a shitty character for MKX due to the 3D era playable character is a terrible assumption to make, given that NRS has proven in MK9 and MKX that they can make any character great again.
So, again, my point still stands.

Sareena was playable pre-3D era?
Really?
I'll wait here until you find a playable pre-3D era Sareena.
Go ahead, I'll wait.
Didn't think so.

The point is that someone saying that MKX Sareena would be a shitty character for MKX due to the 3D era playable character is a terrible assumption to make, given that NRS has proven in MK9 and MKX that they can make any character great again.
So, again, my point still stands.

So playability is your only prerequisite for being in a game?

Whether or not a character is in a game is entirely black-and-white; either she is in a game or she's not. Last time I checked, she debuted in Mythologies, which is without a doubt pre-3D.