Kombat Kast (31.08.2015 - 4:00 PM EST)- Patch Notes Stream

Predator got nerfed. I am so happy :)

Predator – fk attack now hits high instead of mid

Downloaded the patch and this still actually still hits mid. Damage scaling has changed though but his damage is still pretty high.

Hes not completely nerfed for now.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Tanya got a massive buff this patch and it was totally intentional.

Its a 3 hit 32% combo
All you have to do is Shroud your opponent... then throw them.
Im not kidding.

Edit: Im sorry but I had to. I did this to a Predator online and it was hilarious. I need to do it to someone with a mic before its hotfixed.

Last edited:
In my opinion constant nerfing and buffing is ridicolous and actually hurts competetive scene instead of helping it. I rather see players learning the meta and experimenting the possibilities + enjoying the results instead of situation where you learn new stuff that gets removed or nerfed because online scrubwarriors cry about it.

I'd largely prefer SFIV's system has been great since the balance adjustments from 2009 to 2015 have been in 6 months - 1 year cycle. And before someone would want to complain about broken characters and how they would always dominate, AE Yun / Yang and Vanilla Sagat never won that many majors anyway.

Edit: Especially since it always feel that NRS just roll the dice in order to find what's the correct value of frames in block / hit.

Last edited:
Finally someone put it into words.

With Injustice it was downright impossible to learn the meta. What was it like every two or three months a normalizing patch would come out? Not to mention the DLC characters who were God mode until they had to fix them one week later.

Don't get me wrong, I love the buffs I'm getting for my character however in the long run they may or probably won't win a major due to limits

Tremor feels so fast now. I actually have to rework my timing because his specials recover quicker.

As for the patching, it never bothered me. My characters in NRS games never underwent big changes. That said though, I would like to see them adopt the SF upgrade system just for the sake of the scene. Though it's hard to say how well that would work out. NRS games tend to be much more unbalanced than SFIV's updates have been.

Kung Lao was nerfed :(. My 47-48% is now only 44%.

Cryomancer is amazing, and Unbreakable is decent.

Tragic.

Seriously though... Kung Lao has always been a pain in the ass. I do not consider myself a competitive player at all (unless I'm playing against friends), so I can't say I dissect each and every character to figure their game out. But Kung Lao has always driven me up a wall. If I'm playing higher difficulties and come across Kung Lao, I'm usually told to stfu by my fiance for getting loud and vulgar.

Tanya getting a 32% throw is just asinine.

I see. If a female (i.e. unpopular) characters gets improved, its is "asinine"... but when one of the golden boys (Scorpion, Sub Zero, et al.) receives the same treatment it is "much needed", "cool", ...

I predict I am going to be called a _rude word for African American_ and a _rude word for homosexual_ more than usual tonight, when online Scorpions and Sub Zeros receive my Tanya's 32% throw.

I see. If a female (i.e. unpopular) characters gets improved, its is "asinine"... but when one of the golden boys (Scorpion, Sub Zero, et al.) receives the same treatment it is "much needed", "cool", ...

It's asinine because it's unintended. It was a bug that's probably going to get fixed this week.

I predict I am going to be called a _rude word for African American_ and a _rude word for homosexual_ more than usual tonight, when online Scorpions and Sub Zeros receive my Tanya's 32% throw.

Except that's not what I said. Anyone getting a 32% throw is completely unwarranted, it just so happened to be Tanya getting that buff. Completely unintended, I sure, and I expect it to be patched up in the coming week/two weeks.

No. It doesn't matter if it's a girl or a boy or a unpopular or popular character, it's always going to be ridiculous.

Except that's not what I said. Anyone getting a 32% throw is completely unwarranted, it just so happened to be Tanya getting that buff. Completely unintended, I sure, and I expect it to be patched up in the coming week/two weeks.

Unfortunately, that's how it is these days.
People misinterpret things and hear what they want to hear and every damn thing is turned into black vs white, male vs female, etc, etc, etc, etc...
Frankly, I'm getting tired of the politically correct and eggshell-walking society that surrounds us these days.
Everywhere you look, someone is offended by something these days. :roll:

It's a bug, dude. And a bad one.

All I know about the Tanya throw bug is I'm going to abuse the hell out of it before they hotfix to finally get Hotshot Johnny Cage. I keep getting 9 wins and then losing. :(

All I know about the Tanya throw bug is I'm going to abuse the hell out of it before they hotfix to finally get Hotshot Johnny Cage. I keep getting 9 wins and then losing. :(
I just want to find someone in Ranked with a mic then hear their reaction when I do it.