Place your bets on the next DLC character(s)

Which DLC characters will be released?

• Story Pack (Baraka, Rain, Sindel)

Votes: 28 34.6%
  • Kombat Pack II (2x MK, 2x guest)

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Rain (free for Kombat Pack owners?)

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Fujin

Votes: 48 59.3%
  • Sareena

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • Li Mei

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • Smoke

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Cyrax

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Frost

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Individual guest character (Alien, Terminator...)

Votes: 5 6.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Most of the Sareena demanders that have spontaneously emerged these last few months are not real fans, just people who demand her just because ahe is the new thing, if we ever get Sareena many of them will move on and request the next X character just because he/she is not in

I'm pointing this out because it's a weird mass behaviour that seems to be running around, a never ending loop of demanding.
I don't care for Sareena, but if there must be an obligatory female, then she's the best choice (I like Ashrah, but nobody else does).

I don't care for Sareena, but if there must be an obligatory female, then she's the best choice

Really? The best choice? Her moveset is so similar to Tanya's, it's all fireballs and cartwheels and other aerobics moves. It's hard for me to imagine a single variation for her that's not reminiscent of other characters, never mind three.

Speaking as someone who's very indifferent about Sindel in general, between her arcane magic, flight, hair voodoo, and sonic attacks, I think she makes more sense in a three variation game than most of the characters already on the roster.

I hope we get two male dlc. There are not to many important females but there are too many important male characters left. I don't want li mei or sindel on the expense of cyrax or havik

praying for Rain and Fujin. also hoping Tremor isn't an one hit wonder like Skarlet, I really like her and think she has tons of potential but she got the shaft. hopefully we see both her and Tremor in the next game and not as DLC

I don't care for Sareena, but if there must be an obligatory female, then she's the best choice (I like Ashrah, but nobody else does).

Agreed.
Kenshi got a complete overhaul in MK9.
Sareena can get an overhaul for MKX.

Aside from that, for females there's Jade (who's dead, and Kitana has her moves / weapons in a variation), Sindel (meh) and Sheeva (*vomit*).

Yeah, I think I'd rather have Sareena as the obligatory female, as well.

I am quite curious as to why many people here think that LiMei is more likely than Sareena.
Not so much in this poll, but many people who appear to be "in the know" confidently posted that LiMei chances are not as bad as Sareena's, yet never explained why.

In my opinion, Sareena is less unpopular/unknown in the general MK audience than LiMei.

Either way, I'd be super happy with either one of them (but would prefer Sareena, or Nitara).

Agreed.
Kenshi got a complete overhaul in MK9.
Sareena can get an overhaul for MKX.

Aside from that, for females there's Jade (who's dead, and Kitana has her moves / weapons in a variation), Sindel (meh) and Sheeva (*vomit*).

Yeah, I think I'd rather have Sareena as the obligatory female, as well.

I'd rather have Skarlet but they won't make her DLC again so yeah I think Sareena or perhaps an overhauled Ashrah (no lamp costume) are the best choices.
I like Sareena's look a lot though so yeah I will choose her if we were to get another female but to be honest I prefer more male characters. Smoke and Rain are my top choices then Fujin.

Really? The best choice? Her moveset is so similar to Tanya's, it's all fireballs and cartwheels and other aerobics moves. It's hard for me to imagine a single variation for her that's not reminiscent of other characters, never mind three.

Speaking as someone who's very indifferent about Sindel in general, between her arcane magic, flight, hair voodoo, and sonic attacks, I think she makes more sense in a three variation game than most of the characters already on the roster.

I'm not a Sareena fan at all, but considering what they did to Tanya (the most basic move set possible), Jason (he literally just stabs people) and Tremor (Jax clone), I don't see why they cannot do the same thing for Sareena. Sareena is a largely unexplored and under-utilized character -- if you cannot think of three variations for her, you probably haven't spent the time to read up on her. She could easily have a knife variation (Fastest projectile in the game ala Mortal Kombat Armageddon), a demon variation (her true form is a hideous demon) and variation that utilizes Kia and Jataaka (two characters that fans want to see return) similarly to Captain Commando's play style in Marvel vs. Capcom 2. Done.

What I'd want next...
1. Fujin
2. Li Mei
3. Sareena
4. Sindel or Nitara

What will most likely be next...
1. Fujin
2. Rain
3. Baraka
4. Sindel

Fujin, Rain and Baraka would be amazing. No Sindel though, give that spot to Smoke, Cyrax, Skarlet, Noob, Reiko, whoever.

I'd rather have Skarlet but they won't make her DLC again so yeah I think Sareena or perhaps an overhauled Ashrah (no lamp costume) are the best choices.
I like Sareena's look a lot though so yeah I will choose her if we were to get another female but to be honest I prefer more male characters. Smoke and Rain are my top choices then Fujin.

Yeah, with Boon saying that they don't want to repeat DLC, my guess automatically went to Sareena for the female character.
I was going by the Injustice DLC model, where we got 1 male and 1 female.

I just want Fujin.
The rest is secondary, to me.
I've wanted a playable Fujin in an MK again with a great move-set, ever since MK4, and he got screwed out of MK9.
He may not show up here, which would make it 2 games now (MK9 and MKX) that he got screwed out of.

People are asking for Rain as DLC when Ed Boon said that it's unlikely that he will be DLC since they want to avoid repeats of MK9 DLC.

I can't argue with that logic, but they can give her a completely new moveset. Personally, I'd take that over any of the MK9 females left, because I want to see more non-trilogy characters get a makeover. So, ignoring MK9 females, that leaves us with Sareena, Frost and Li Mei, realistically. I know which one I'd rather have.

Personally, I'd take that over any of the MK9 females left, because I want to see more non-trilogy characters get a makeover. So, ignoring MK9 females, that leaves us with Sareena, Frost and Li Mei, realistically. I know which one I'd rather have.

Yup.
Exactly my train of thought, as well.