Place your bets on the next DLC character(s)

Which DLC characters will be released?

• Story Pack (Baraka, Rain, Sindel)

Votes: 28 34.6%
  • Kombat Pack II (2x MK, 2x guest)

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • Rain (free for Kombat Pack owners?)

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Fujin

Votes: 48 59.3%
  • Sareena

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • Li Mei

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • Smoke

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • Cyrax

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Frost

Votes: 8 9.9%
  • Individual guest character (Alien, Terminator...)

Votes: 5 6.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Given how Ed Boon said that there are not doing repeats of MK9 DLC then I doubt Rain and Freddy will return. Fujin seems like the biggest request since he hasn't been in a MK game in 9 years and fans where upset that he didn't return in MKX. Not to mention he has a character model in the story mode and can be easy to reuse his model. We will likely get a second female fighter if we get two more DLC fighters. Li Mei or Sareena seem like good choices for a second female DLC fighter.

I doubt we will get a third guest fighter. If we do then Alien or Spawn (due to popular demand) would be likely choices.

If they do more DLC then I think they will have the last two out by August going how Injustice did from what I can recall.

I think if we get more DLC characters, it'll just be 2 stand-alone characters. No Kombat Pack.

The characters would be 1 male, 1 female.

The female would be Sareena, but possibly Sindel or Frost instead.

The male could be Shao Kahn, Baraka, Cyrax, Smoke/Enenra, Rain or Fujin.

Alien would be impossible because of technical issues with the model, the stance and form is not humanoid so they won't be able to make it work, they wanted a tail on Reptile for this game but they removed because of technical issues (this is stated in the game in Reptile's concept description) so imagine a full xenomorph.

Not gonna happen.

Xenomorph's blood is made out of acid. It would be odd that Tanya would be burn alive after she does a edenian drill on a Xenomorph.

I'd just be happy if we had a confirmed of more DLC. Yes, of course I want Rain, as he's my favorite character, but Fujin/Sareena/Reiko fans deserve their character to receive some attention first. If all three make the roster, I'll be elated, but I highly doubt it.

Most of the Sareena demanders that have spontaneously emerged these last few months are not real fans, just people who demand her just because ahe is the new thing, if we ever get Sareena many of them will move on and request the next X character just because he/she is not in

I'm pointing this out because it's a weird mass behaviour that seems to be running around, a never ending loop of demanding.

[MENTION=17968]Cryo[/MENTION] I can't speak for anyone else, but I've wanted Sareena to be playable since I played Mythologies on my PS1 in 1998. For a time I gave up, because it didn't seem plausable. But I feel there is a momentum now to make it finally happen and I want to make the most of it. In a way I think you're right. It's similar to Tremor. But it's hard to say. We'll see after he comes out. If the crowds will stay or go.

[MENTION=16500]Kitty_55[/MENTION] What I think he means is that many people jumped on the bandwagon/hypetrain just because they thought that either he sounded cool or because he was a ninja.

How are they not "real fans"?

People that never care for Sareena but after 2 lines of dialogue in story mode started making petitions for her.

[MENTION=17921]Mr. Ice[/MENTION] oh yes I'm not talking about you or anyone specifically, just in general terms. I'm pretty sure many people, yourself included, really want her in but many others just jumped into the bandwagon because it seema she's the new trend, kind of the new Tanya perhaps.

Meh, just wondering.

I'm not really big on Sareena. I'd rather see the other two assassins make an appearance over her. There's really nothing that stands out about them, I would just like to see them make another return.

Most of the Sareena demanders that have spontaneously emerged these last few months are not real fans, just people who demand her just because ahe is the new thing, if we ever get Sareena many of them will move on and request the next X character just because he/she is not in

I'm pointing this out because it's a weird mass behaviour that seems to be running around, a never ending loop of demanding.

I own almost all MK games (except MK Mythologies and MK Special Forces) -- many of them in multiple copies (various special editions, for different systems), own all the MK movies and soundtracks, so far purchased all DLC characters (even those I don't like, such as Jason) -- yet, I am not a real fan.

Sareena (together with Mileena) has been my favorite MK character since I first played her in MK Armageddon and it is my dream to play as her on a current system -- yet, I am not a real fan.

[MENTION=20782]Skeptik[/MENTION] When I said "Not a real fan" I meant fan of Sareena not the game itself, yet I was not talking about you or anyone in particular.

Learn to read before making some poor attempt at sarcasm and condescendence ;)

BTW, I apologise if any of you feel the choices are too limited. I'm only allowed ten poll options, and I simply included those which I feel are the most likely options for DLC; personally whilst I think Frost is somewhat less likely, she does have a cameo in MKX and Boon knows she has a loyal following, so you never know.

With the likes of Reiko and Havik, they are awesome in the comic but make no appearance in the game, and I get the feeling that NRS don't really have any direct interest in them, which is why the writers were probably given permission to kill both of them off in the comic. So, to me, they're outside bets in terms of likely DLC options.

I appreciate all the votes and posts so far. I certainly hope our opinions here reflect reality soon.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Spawn yet. Didn’t Todd McFarlane himself gave NetherRealm an okay for using Spawn in MKX? Granted he also said that offer was only available for a limited amount of time but maybe it’s still valid?

Some people like Sareena for the same way that I like Tremor; because that was the standout NPC from that specific game that would have made an awesome MKX character, and they tie in really well with a certain existing, iconic MK character or Faction.
1 of the things that I've always liked about Sareena is her tie-in to Bi-Han, and a VERY small part of me hopes that Sareena would be the key to restoring Bi-Han to his former self, later on in the future games to come.
I wrote a fan-fic about it a while ago, in hopes that something similar would happen for MKX, but it never did.