Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread: MK11's new hero (protagonist)?

Mortal Kombat Champion Tarkatan Trash's Avatar
    PSN
    Romo2Witten1983
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)

Re: MK11's new hero (protagonist)?

How a character's face looks in-game is not even remotely significant in the first place.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Defender of EarthRealm theincubuslord's Avatar
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)

That's because you don't see it through the eyes of an artist. How your mind works is... a question for the ages.

Emperor of Outworld Nasty_Freak's Avatar
    PSN
    Cassandra_Jade
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

I want a pop star character like Britney Spears in the game. Just like how Ariana Grande has a character in Final Fantasy (mobile app).

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Freak View Post
    I want a pop star character like Britney Spears in the game. Just like how Ariana Grande has a character in Final Fantasy (mobile app).
    How would that fit into the MK universe without being a silly joke character like Lucky Chloe in Tekken 7?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to theincubuslord For This Useful Post:

Twitter
    @TornerreFlux
    Xbox Live
    TornerreFlux
    PSN
    MKfighter89
    Steam
    MKfighter89
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I think maybe having a bad guy win kinda like 5 would give a new twist. Maybe have Shao Khan for instance come back to reclaim his throne in the process he disrupts everything going on and restores some sort of order. Thats more of a example, but I think that may give maybe a fresher feel to the current story, instead of Earthrealm always saving the day.

PSN
    Araknyd03
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)

That's not a new twist, though.
    That's literally happened with Armageddon (a bad guy winning), and MK9 specifically had the Armageddon ending modified so that it was Shao Kahn was the one who had conquered all and was about to bash Raiden's brains in with his hammer, right before he went back and altered the timeline.
    You could technically say that the bad guys won in MK9, even though Raiden won the last fight (with the Elder gods help), because a lot of EarthRealm heroes died at Shao Kahn and Quan Chi's hands.

As a side note, I really hope that MK11 isn't just going to lazily be Armageddon 2.0.
    I mean, the whole reason that the timeline was rebooted was to have UMK3 2.0 and for them to start with a fresh clean slate in that said new timeline, preventing Armageddon from happening again, no?
    I don't want to see NRS go back to the whole Armageddon story, and I'm REALLY hoping that the timeline changes in MK9 and MKX reflect that.
    Otherwise, if they go back to the whole Armageddon story then the reboot was all for nothing, story-wise.

Mortal Kombat Champion Tarkatan Trash's Avatar
    PSN
    Romo2Witten1983
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)

The bad guys won MKDA...

And 9 tournaments in a row leading up to MK1 as well.

I think they should win at least once every now and then.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Emperor of Outworld Nasty_Freak's Avatar
    PSN
    Cassandra_Jade
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theincubuslord View Post
    How would that fit into the MK universe without being a silly joke character like Lucky Chloe in Tekken 7?
    She can be like Johnny Cage but more sadistic and maybe a revenant. She can be an unknown love interest of Johnny from the past who either works for the good guys or she can be a revenant working for Netherrealm and also hates Sonya for taking Johnny.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)

Aaaanyways...

I think, just this one time... Let Scorpion and Sub-Zero be the main protagonists.
    I personally don't care all that much for either of them, but considering their popularity and that they made peace in MKX, seeing the two fight alongside one another while defending Earthrealm from the Outworld, Netherrealm and Dark Raiden would make sense. Scorpion needs to redeem himself from just storming into the SF base and kill Quan Chi, and maybe that's where Sub-Zero comes in, trying to teach him to fight for the world and its inhabitants, and not just for himself.

... The more I describe it in my head, the more it kinda sounds like a "good cop, bad cop" scenario. XD

Twitter
    @TornerreFlux
    Xbox Live
    TornerreFlux
    PSN
    MKfighter89
    Steam
    MKfighter89
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    That's not a new twist, though.
    That's literally happened with Armageddon (a bad guy winning), and MK9 specifically had the Armageddon ending modified so that it was Shao Kahn was the one who had conquered all and was about to bash Raiden's brains in with his hammer, right before he went back and altered the timeline.
    You could technically say that the bad guys won in MK9, even though Raiden won the last fight (with the Elder gods help), because a lot of EarthRealm heroes died at Shao Kahn and Quan Chi's hands.

As a side note, I really hope that MK11 isn't just going to lazily be Armageddon 2.0.
    I mean, the whole reason that the timeline was rebooted was to have UMK3 2.0 and for them to start with a fresh clean slate in that said new timeline, preventing Armageddon from happening again, no?
    I don't want to see NRS go back to the whole Armageddon story, and I'm REALLY hoping that the timeline changes in MK9 and MKX reflect that.
    Otherwise, if they go back to the whole Armageddon story then the reboot was all for nothing, story-wise.
    True, but I mean more in a sense he goes get his throne back in Outworld, but in doing so he finds it would be better to side with the good guys to combat this evil threat. Enemy of my enemy kinda thing, more or less. But I don't mean a so much the bad guys win, but instead a joint alliance maybe like they said in Deceptions intro. Though instead of 20 seconds we see them on a larger scale to either beat Onaga or Raiden.

PSN
    Araknyd03
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MKfighter89 View Post
    True, but I mean more in a sense he goes get his throne back in Outworld, but in doing so he finds it would be better to side with the good guys to combat this evil threat. Enemy of my enemy kinda thing, more or less. But I don't mean a so much the bad guys win, but instead a joint alliance maybe like they said in Deceptions intro. Though instead of 20 seconds we see them on a larger scale to either beat Onaga or Raiden.

I see what you mean, but in that case I'd rather have Shang Tsung back instead of Shao Kahn, as his own boss with his own motives.
    Maybe Ermac's MKX ending could come true for MK11.
    For example, using the enemy of my enemy thing you mentioned, but with Tsung double-crossing later own with his own plans and finally not being someone else's puppet / side-kick.
    It would have the bad guy technically winning, while screwing over the good guys.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Scorpion & Sub-Zero as protagonists, then in the final cutscene Scorpion headbutts Sub-Zero, who then becomes Plain-Zero. Queue MK12.

Twitter
    @TornerreFlux
    Xbox Live
    TornerreFlux
    PSN
    MKfighter89
    Steam
    MKfighter89
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    I see what you mean, but in that case I'd rather have Shang Tsung back instead of Shao Kahn, as his own boss with his own motives.
    Maybe Ermac's MKX ending could come true for MK11.
    For example, using the enemy of my enemy thing you mentioned, but with Tsung double-crossing later own with his own plans and finally not being someone else's puppet / side-kick.
    It would have the bad guy technically winning, while screwing over the good guys.
    Yea it would be interesting to actually see Shang Tsung in some higher status. I mean even in Deception Quan Chi was stronger and beat him. Maybe he could finally get that rise to power to make him more like you said, instead of a puppet of some sort.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread Information