Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
Results 381 to 393 of 393

Thread: MK11's new hero (protagonist)?

  1. #381
    Mortal Kombat Champion Tarkatan Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Up Daisy Ridley's skirt
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9,266
    PSN
    Romo2Witten1983
    Thanked: 1540
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)

    Re: MK11's new hero (protagonist)?

    How a character's face looks in-game is not even remotely significant in the first place.

    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

  2. #382
    Defender of EarthRealm theincubuslord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    7,031
    Thanked: 1459
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)

    Re: MK11's new hero (protagonist)?

    That's because you don't see it through the eyes of an artist. How your mind works is... a question for the ages.

  3. #383
    Emperor of Outworld Nasty_Freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The wildest areas of the Dream Realm.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,421
    PSN
    Cassandra_Jade
    Thanked: 323
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

    Re: MK11's new hero (protagonist)?

    I want a pop star character like Britney Spears in the game. Just like how Ariana Grande has a character in Final Fantasy (mobile app).

  4. #384
    Defender of EarthRealm theincubuslord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    7,031
    Thanked: 1459
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)

    Re: MK11's new hero (protagonist)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Freak View Post
    I want a pop star character like Britney Spears in the game. Just like how Ariana Grande has a character in Final Fantasy (mobile app).
    How would that fit into the MK universe without being a silly joke character like Lucky Chloe in Tekken 7?

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to theincubuslord For This Useful Post:


  6. #385
    Tarkatan Warrior MKfighter89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    420
    Twitter
    @TornerreFlux
    Xbox Live
    TornerreFlux
    PSN
    MKfighter89
    Steam
    MKfighter89
    Thanked: 21
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: MK11's new hero (protagonist)?

    I think maybe having a bad guy win kinda like 5 would give a new twist. Maybe have Shao Khan for instance come back to reclaim his throne in the process he disrupts everything going on and restores some sort of order. Thats more of a example, but I think that may give maybe a fresher feel to the current story, instead of Earthrealm always saving the day.

  7. #386
    Elder God Commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Karnaca, Serkonos
    Posts
    13,229
    PSN
    Araknyd03
    Thanked: 2642
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)

    Re: MK11's new hero (protagonist)?

    That's not a new twist, though.
    That's literally happened with Armageddon (a bad guy winning), and MK9 specifically had the Armageddon ending modified so that it was Shao Kahn was the one who had conquered all and was about to bash Raiden's brains in with his hammer, right before he went back and altered the timeline.
    You could technically say that the bad guys won in MK9, even though Raiden won the last fight (with the Elder gods help), because a lot of EarthRealm heroes died at Shao Kahn and Quan Chi's hands.


    As a side note, I really hope that MK11 isn't just going to lazily be Armageddon 2.0.
    I mean, the whole reason that the timeline was rebooted was to have UMK3 2.0 and for them to start with a fresh clean slate in that said new timeline, preventing Armageddon from happening again, no?
    I don't want to see NRS go back to the whole Armageddon story, and I'm REALLY hoping that the timeline changes in MK9 and MKX reflect that.
    Otherwise, if they go back to the whole Armageddon story then the reboot was all for nothing, story-wise.

  8. #387
    Mortal Kombat Champion Tarkatan Trash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Up Daisy Ridley's skirt
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9,266
    PSN
    Romo2Witten1983
    Thanked: 1540
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)

    Re: MK11's new hero (protagonist)?

    The bad guys won MKDA...

    And 9 tournaments in a row leading up to MK1 as well.

    I think they should win at least once every now and then.

    Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

  9. #388
    Emperor of Outworld Nasty_Freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The wildest areas of the Dream Realm.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    6,421
    PSN
    Cassandra_Jade
    Thanked: 323
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

    Re: MK11's new hero (protagonist)?

    Quote Originally Posted by theincubuslord View Post
    How would that fit into the MK universe without being a silly joke character like Lucky Chloe in Tekken 7?
    She can be like Johnny Cage but more sadistic and maybe a revenant. She can be an unknown love interest of Johnny from the past who either works for the good guys or she can be a revenant working for Netherrealm and also hates Sonya for taking Johnny.

  10. #389
    Defender of EarthRealm theincubuslord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    7,031
    Thanked: 1459
    Mentioned
    146 Post(s)

    Re: MK11's new hero (protagonist)?

    Aaaanyways...

    I think, just this one time... Let Scorpion and Sub-Zero be the main protagonists.
    I personally don't care all that much for either of them, but considering their popularity and that they made peace in MKX, seeing the two fight alongside one another while defending Earthrealm from the Outworld, Netherrealm and Dark Raiden would make sense. Scorpion needs to redeem himself from just storming into the SF base and kill Quan Chi, and maybe that's where Sub-Zero comes in, trying to teach him to fight for the world and its inhabitants, and not just for himself.

    ... The more I describe it in my head, the more it kinda sounds like a "good cop, bad cop" scenario. XD

  11. #390
    Tarkatan Warrior MKfighter89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    420
    Twitter
    @TornerreFlux
    Xbox Live
    TornerreFlux
    PSN
    MKfighter89
    Steam
    MKfighter89
    Thanked: 21
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: MK11's new hero (protagonist)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    That's not a new twist, though.
    That's literally happened with Armageddon (a bad guy winning), and MK9 specifically had the Armageddon ending modified so that it was Shao Kahn was the one who had conquered all and was about to bash Raiden's brains in with his hammer, right before he went back and altered the timeline.
    You could technically say that the bad guys won in MK9, even though Raiden won the last fight (with the Elder gods help), because a lot of EarthRealm heroes died at Shao Kahn and Quan Chi's hands.


    As a side note, I really hope that MK11 isn't just going to lazily be Armageddon 2.0.
    I mean, the whole reason that the timeline was rebooted was to have UMK3 2.0 and for them to start with a fresh clean slate in that said new timeline, preventing Armageddon from happening again, no?
    I don't want to see NRS go back to the whole Armageddon story, and I'm REALLY hoping that the timeline changes in MK9 and MKX reflect that.
    Otherwise, if they go back to the whole Armageddon story then the reboot was all for nothing, story-wise.
    True, but I mean more in a sense he goes get his throne back in Outworld, but in doing so he finds it would be better to side with the good guys to combat this evil threat. Enemy of my enemy kinda thing, more or less. But I don't mean a so much the bad guys win, but instead a joint alliance maybe like they said in Deceptions intro. Though instead of 20 seconds we see them on a larger scale to either beat Onaga or Raiden.

  12. #391
    Elder God Commander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Karnaca, Serkonos
    Posts
    13,229
    PSN
    Araknyd03
    Thanked: 2642
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)

    Re: MK11's new hero (protagonist)?

    Quote Originally Posted by MKfighter89 View Post
    True, but I mean more in a sense he goes get his throne back in Outworld, but in doing so he finds it would be better to side with the good guys to combat this evil threat. Enemy of my enemy kinda thing, more or less. But I don't mean a so much the bad guys win, but instead a joint alliance maybe like they said in Deceptions intro. Though instead of 20 seconds we see them on a larger scale to either beat Onaga or Raiden.

    I see what you mean, but in that case I'd rather have Shang Tsung back instead of Shao Kahn, as his own boss with his own motives.
    Maybe Ermac's MKX ending could come true for MK11.
    For example, using the enemy of my enemy thing you mentioned, but with Tsung double-crossing later own with his own plans and finally not being someone else's puppet / side-kick.
    It would have the bad guy technically winning, while screwing over the good guys.

  13. #392
    Hollywood Superstar Xenon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Age
    26
    Posts
    992
    Thanked: 127
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

    Re: MK11's new hero (protagonist)?

    Scorpion & Sub-Zero as protagonists, then in the final cutscene Scorpion headbutts Sub-Zero, who then becomes Plain-Zero. Queue MK12.

  14. #393
    Tarkatan Warrior MKfighter89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    28
    Posts
    420
    Twitter
    @TornerreFlux
    Xbox Live
    TornerreFlux
    PSN
    MKfighter89
    Steam
    MKfighter89
    Thanked: 21
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

    Re: MK11's new hero (protagonist)?

    Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    I see what you mean, but in that case I'd rather have Shang Tsung back instead of Shao Kahn, as his own boss with his own motives.
    Maybe Ermac's MKX ending could come true for MK11.
    For example, using the enemy of my enemy thing you mentioned, but with Tsung double-crossing later own with his own plans and finally not being someone else's puppet / side-kick.
    It would have the bad guy technically winning, while screwing over the good guys.
    Yea it would be interesting to actually see Shang Tsung in some higher status. I mean even in Deception Quan Chi was stronger and beat him. Maybe he could finally get that rise to power to make him more like you said, instead of a puppet of some sort.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. MK11's plot?
    By the_pathfinder in forum Mortal Kombat General Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-13-2015, 09:41 AM
  2. [SPOILER] Who we know wont be in mk11 and your mk11 roster predictions.
    By squirt007nc in forum Mortal Kombat X Forum
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 08-20-2015, 08:37 PM
  3. Protagonist for MK10
    By Revamp_Kombat in forum Mortal Kombat General Discussion
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 08-20-2015, 11:14 AM
  4. Side/Extra Characters you like more than the Protagonist?
    By Critical-Limit in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 08-17-2012, 06:46 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •