Leaked Predator info

Jason was a great fit imo. NRS captured the essence of horror movies really well with abilities like resurrection, Lake Mist and "terror mode".

And Freddy would have been so much better in MKX. You can't really showcase the full persona of Freddy Krueger without dialogue. He's all about his cheesey one liners and sexual innuendos.

None of the guest characters fit in this game. We should've gotten more MK characters instead. I know they only have them in the game to make better sales, but it feels less like an MK game when fighting guest characters.

None of the guest characters fit in this game. We should've gotten more MK characters instead. I know they only have them in the game to make better sales, but it feels less like an MK game when fighting guest characters.

Can't disagree with this. Although I like the idea of variety, there are many MK characters I would've rather of had.

They don't fit? How exactly? Because you cannot tell me that Predator and Kratos don't look like Mortal Kombat characters. Hell, Predator was the inspiration for 3 staple MK characters.

They don't fit? How exactly? Because you cannot tell me that Predator and Kratos don't look like Mortal Kombat characters. Hell, Predator was the inspiration for 3 staple MK characters.

Agreed.

I think Predator is one of the best fitting guest character for Mortal Kombat.

I don't get how a mass murderer doesn't fit Mortal Kombat. I mean of course if we were to throw him as a guest in the first or second one, I'd agree. But we're so far away from what Mortal Kombat used to be like, we really can't say there's a specific character that doesn't fit the series.

I agree with saying that a hunter / warrior (Predator) fits more than a serial killer who doesn't have anything to do with martial arts or being a warrior (Freddy or Jason).
As much as I despised Kratos in MK9, he's more of a warrior than Freddy, so he makes more sense to be in, IMO.

As for wanting Predator over someone like Fujin, I can't agree with anyone there.
Kitana and Kung Lao have wind moves, and the former sucks in MKX, so I would have preferred Fujin over her.
Hell, I would have preferred Fujin over the majority of the Trilogy characters in MKX.

Not everyone in the Mortal Kombat series knows martial arts. Some of them are just straight up monsters, which is exactly what Jason Vorhees is. Mortal Kombat X has nothing to do with the Mortal Kombat fighting tournament in the first place.

Actually pretty much every character in MK does martial arts.
Military service men and women DO train in various martial arts in real life.
Shokan are also a warrior tribe trained in the art of fighting.
Which of these monsters that you speak of have no martial arts training, in this new timeline (MK9 -which is essentially MK1 thru UMK3- and MKX)?

Mortal Kombat still is (in MKX) and will always be (since MK1) about preventing a tyrannical being from taking over the realms, with skilled warriors / fighter characters defending both sides.
Whether it's still called a "Tournament" is semantics, but the theme of warriors defending their realm from being taken over still stands, as it has since MK1.

Ferra Torr is an easy candidate for someone to not know martial arts. As in Ferra is only used to be thrown as a projectile and stab people and Torr is just one brute.

Shinnok doesn't look like he has any martial arts, just by the way he flails his arms around when attacking and other attack moves. He seems literally like a character who relies more on magic rather than being a fighter. They made that heavily noticeable in Mythologies.

Those are two characters I can pick out.

Yup. A character like Predator should never be in MK.

latest

:rolleyes:

Ferra / Torr is (are?) tribal warriors.

Shinnok does magic, yes, but he's trained in martial arts, which is made apparent when he easily defeated Sonya and Johnny Cage, at the same time, in MKX.
Just because he's an elder god doesn't mean that he lacks fighting prowess or martial arts ability.

Freddy and Jason, on the otherhand, have never been fighters nor warriors and have just been serial killers.
Anyways, I'm not trying to start a fight / debate.
I'm just stating why some people may see certain guest characters as a good fit for DLC, and why conversely some other characters don't seem to fit as well as guest DLC.
Just because they can perform a Fatality in MK, doesn't mean that they automatically belong, IMO.

When I think Mortal Kombat, I personally think blood, gore, and violence, not martial arts, that's Street Fighter.

So this is why Jason just fits fine to me.

By now I think NRS has included every MK character in the rebooted games that is in any way, shape or form interesting. I will take Jason and Predator over Havik or Fujin or Reiko any day. I can not think of more boring characters than those last three and the vast majority of characters since MK4.

It helps that I've been Predator fan since the 80s, sure, but he's just a perfect fit if you ask me.