Endings (Favorite, Least Favorite, Canon, Non Canon)

jdnice11

So out of all the endings,
1. which did you find good and which did you find bad? Why?
2. Which was you favorite and which was your least favorite? Why?
3. Which are more likely to be Canon (even partially) and which are Non-Canon?

Favorites:
-Ermac's- I thought it was a pretty cool way to bring back Shang Tsung. Curious if Ermac survived that encounter!
-Johnny Cage- Raised my eyebrow, unlocking Edenians Long Life? Earth needs protectors for as long as they can!
-Kano- *Biased* but definitely one of my favorite endings. Kano is a Survivor but even he knows his luck will run out. Training a new generation for his brand of evil. brilliant, having his Son be his be his 1st student.
-Kenshi/Takeda's- Loved how it tied in both their stories and getting revenge on Daegon!
-Liu Kang- So not a LK fan but i thought it was pretty good. (Should been in a revenant form instead of his human form)
-Raiden/Kotal- Their endings were the BEST. Tied into one another and most likely the most Canon of them all
-Reptile- I enjoyed the fact that he was reunited with his race. Hope this is Canon and see what come of it
-Scorpion- Redeeming himself with harakiri only to be granted power to protect on of the many protectors of Earthrealm
-Sub Zero- Dragon Riders...YEAH baby...but could've made it less Game of Thronesy
-Jacqui Briggs- I thought it was pretty sweet that she was ordered to spy on Kotal

Least Favorite:
-Jax- Im sorry i just thought it was horrible, even if it did tie into Sonya's ending
-Kung Lao/Kung Jin- yes they're tied in but it was just blah to me. Didn't care for Kung Lao or Kung Jin being in the game
-Mileena- She was killed off in the game so we know her ending doesn't matter. Could have come up w/ something better IMO
-Quan Chi- Same situation as Mileena.
-Shinnoks- unfortunately didnt make sense to me
-Sonya's Besides seeing Kano in her dream torturing Cassie and Jax and Killing Jax, really just Blah
-Cassie- I didn't get the assassination of Shukinko

Canon Endings
Ermac, Jax, Johnny, Kano, Kenshi, Liu Kang, Raiden, Scorpion, Sonya, Sub Zero, Erron B, Jacqui B, Kotal & Takeda
*I know they all aren't 100% canon but i believe most of their endings have most truths. Something they can build on for the next game

I liked most of them. I think overall it's the best set of endings MK has had.

The ones I see as probably canon or semi-canon:

Raiden/Kotal Kahn - This is probably the focus of the next game, though I doubt Kotal Kahn will literally relaunch the tournament. I do think we'll be on Outworld's side defending against Raiden, though.

Ermac - There's no doubt Shang Tsung is coming back, given how much he pops up in these endings. This is a smart way to do it.

Takeda/Kenshi - A nice way to wrap up that storyline and to do Daegon/Taven off-screen so we don't have to revisit them in-depth.

Sonya/Jax/Erron - I think Erron does kill Jax, setting up a rivalry between him and Jacqui to give both of them more of a storyline.

Kano - Nice way to replace him, if he and the other parents do end up being retired (I hope they will be).

Kitana - Hints from the writers on Twitter make me think Jade's appearance here (it looks like she's the one sending Kitana the vision) has some significance for future games. Kitana and Liu Kang obviously have a major role to play next game, in any event.

Mileena - Not actually canon, obviously, but the fact that Mileena's soul can apparently be transferred into other clone bodies is the easiest way to bring her back for the next game.

Favorites:

Sonya - I absolutely loved the way it was so Criminal Minds-y / Hawaii 5-0y. Just felt so good to watch. Also to watch Jax die. :)

Cassie - Shujinko! I missed the old bag. Dead or not.

Erron Black - Yes. Kill Takeda and Kung Jin. Best ideas.

Jason - Ruthless and hilarious.

Least Favorite:

Tanya -
Spoiler:
I wanted a RainXTanya king/queen of edenia and treachery ending, not a sell-out to live treachery ending. Oh well.

Sub-Zero - Just..What?

D'vorah - Babymama shinnok for MK11

Haven't gotten all the endings yet, but so far Jason is my favorite because it is perfect.
I love the Friday movies, I grew up watching them, and I'm one of those people who will adamantly protest when someone says that's he and Michael Myers pretty much the same character. I gotta say whoever was in charge of putting Jason in the game did a fantastic job. He fights like he should and he acts like he should.

For characters that actually count: I wouldn't say I liked Kitana's ending, but I think it was good. Soul crushingly depressing, but good. And I already felt bad for Kitana the first time I selected her and saw one of her fighting styles was mournful. Because her best friend is dead.
Tanya's was more or less what I was expecting. All of her character endings are betrayal. She's like Mystique, it's just kind of the thing she does.
Cassie's ending was pretty good too. I wouldn't mind Deception playing some role in the next game. Could be neat. I like to think Cassie didn't finish Shujinko off. I mean I don't love the guy, but I'm not a fan of killing off characters when they haven't been around for 4 games.

Mileena's was nice because even though it probably won't be 100% canon, it still shows that there's a good chance she'll be in the next game or the one after that. Not that I really thought she was dead forever anyway. Tarkatan are pretty hard to kill. I'm sure someone will staple Baraka's face back on and he'll be good as new
Sub-Zero's was just insane. In fact if I got to pick what was canon and not, I would pick this and Mileena's and have a spin off game where you control an army of ice dragon riding ninjas and have to fight off an invading force of psychically linked Mileena clones.
That's why I'm not allowed to be in charge of things.

Most Surprised by Ermac. His ending was probably the best, and slightly unexpected. I knew Shang wouldn't stay gone. ;P

Most Disappointed by Mileena. Then again, she's my favorite, so I had higher hopes than most I'm sure. But, it also gave another hint at Shang's return.

Tremor- If he is to be in the Next Installment and wasn't a one offer i believe his ending was partially cannon. I also think it might be a way to break him away from the Black Dragon and become his own character. (IMO they did an amazing Job with him)

Tanya- Considering she survived in her ending, I can see he being in the next game, starting off as Kotals prisoner but using her diplomacy skills to her advantage and either working with Kotal or escaping and plotting revenge

Mileena- Bc they killed her off in the story, I can see why her ending was crap. But you never know in MK, anyone can come back and i think it would be interesting if she was recreated with her previous memories. Or better yet, memories erased and kinda became a wildcard good guy?!

Ermac's ending makes no sense to me. How would he be back when he was pretty much sucked into Sindel and killed with her. Shang is not even a big threat like Quan Chi. I could live without him returning. I mean what is gonna be his purpose? to get more souls after his kills Ermac just to get his ass kicked by someone like Liu Kang again?. We need a real threat for the next MK. So far Havik has potential to really make things interesting.

I like most of them but the one I hate is Tanya's ending it is just a bland ending in my opinion. We all know she is a deceiver and what she did to Rain was sort of already told in the comics. The one I liked the most was Shinnok's it was the most intriguing to me.

Raiden Wins...

I like the idea of Raiden being a supervisory figure (thanks to conquests) in 'final conclusions,' so others such as Kung Lao and Stryker are 'free to roam.'

raiden1.jpg