Would You Ever Want To See a SCVI?

Tanyas Husband

As you fellow SC fans know, Project Soul thought it would be a wise step to kill off half of the biggest names of the game, (Taki, Sophitia, Cassandra, etc) and replace them with Knockoff characters to replace their spots. (Natsu, Pyhrra, Patroklos, etc)
After this big change, half of the roster had barely any time to connect with the fans. Story mode was pretty bad. No endings.
If SC truly is still sticking to this path, would you like to see a SCVI? Or would you rather them just stop the story and character resetting here and now?

I don't trust that series anymore after SCV. I still love playing SCII though and I like the character creation in that series.

I never play SCV yet, but I wanted to try it for the same reason I really admired MKX (New Characters replacing the old ones). Tbh, as Long as the SC games have Ivy, I'm sold. Ivy is the SC version of Scorpion in terms of a must have character. I hope they do make a SCVI.

Now about this no endings...WHAT?!! And there story modes were always pretty bad to me. How many returning characters are even in the 5th game?

I don't know if this was a fake article -- which most likely was; I heard Soul Calibur VI was in development hell at the moment. Even so the Soul series died for me with SCIII. I enjoyed the hell out of SCII and SCIII, IV and V left much to be desired in my opinion, I felt like they could've redeemed themselves with V but instead they just got rid of a bunch of fan favorites. I personally don't see the Soul series making a comeback at this point, the glory days are behind us. Now I would be lying if I told you I wouldn't like to see the Soul franchise make a comeback and go back to what once made them extremely enjoyable to go back and play over and over.

With that said, I wish Yun-Seong was kept for SCV. I've seen a lot of hate online for my homie because he basically replaced Hwang and had a similar playstyle to him. I personally didn't mind him, considering SCII was my first SC game that got me into the series. Him and Necrid were my favorite characters.

Now about this no endings...WHAT?!! And there story modes were always pretty bad to me. How many returning characters are even in the 5th game?

Not too many. They recieved SO much hate after they killed off over half the main cast and explained it with the most idiotic 'ways of death.'
I mean..really? For sophitia, all you hear is an occasional 'I killed your mommy!' by Tira in the story. Tira's ass always got kicked by Sophitia. Never made sense. That's ridiculous to me.
Then getting rid of CASSANDRA, The second staple female of the series? That's like a game w/o Sub-Zero in MK.
Cassandra was literally only mentioned once and only by the word 'Dead.'
Literally no characters had ANY development in SCV. Just replacements with new faces and dialogue with absolutely no story to make you start enjoying who they are.
Astaroth is also dead. I hate the half-ass bio they gave this one. 'Astaroth is dead, here's a golem version created by a sorcerer! Bye!"
Anyway, only 14 returning, the rest either dead or given no response or 'on some spiritual journey' (I don't count Kilik as a returning. He is literally just a skin with very little dialogue.)
I'll forever be pissed. SCV killed the series for good.
I don't know if I want an SCVI. They might just bring back 3 returning with 60 new or some bs.

Soul Calibur will always have a place in my heart. As long as the game has Astaroth, I will buy it.

I like Astaroth himself. So I'd be disappointed if they decided to replace him with Rock. Honestly, I don't even use him that much. Algol was my main in SCV and SCIV. I just really like Astaroth for his aesthetics.

The only two new characters I like in SCV are Viola and Zwei. So if they took the roster from SCIV and added Viola and Zwei, then yes, I would like an SCVI. ^^

How about they take a page out of their co-product's book and make Soul Calibur Tag Tournament, using every character in Soul Calibur's history (minus all the guest characters)?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

SC2 is the best in my opinion. I never bother playing the 5th game since I hear mixed things on the game. SC1 was pretty good, but I do find it overrated seeing it didn't deserved the perfect 10 that it got back in 1999. SC3 had a very fun character creator and Chronicles of the Sword was tons of fun. I spent hours on that mode on Christmas day in 2005. I did enjoy the 4th game and I felt like it fix the balance issues that the third game had.

I hope they make a 6th game and rumor has it that it might be at E3 this year since Namco Bandai had a listing for a fighting game on the PS4 and Xbox One. I doubt it's Tekken 7 since I don't think the game is out for the arcades yet in Japan.