Where is Motaro?

Here's the problem, they can't program him to work in a game like this. They'd have to do some major work on him in order to have him appear as a fighter, and I can't see them doing that. If they couldn't do that for him back in 2011, I really don't see them trying to get him to work in the future.

Sure, he was an awesome character, I am a fan of centaurs. I would like to see him again in the future, but if they cannot get him to work, why bother putting him in at all? Even in cut scenes? All you're going to get is a bunch of angry fans demanding they do something about his appearance in the game if he makes an appearance as a non-playable. They did it during 2011.

Honestly, I don't see him ever returning.

Motaro can be found in a bottle of this...

01649b.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

The lack of Revenant Shang Tsung, Motaro, and Jade in MKX, as well as other unknown Revenant fighters from years before, suggests to me that even Quan Chi's powers have a limit. Maintaining the enchantment must constantly drain some of Quan Chi's powers or concentration, such that he has to pick and choose if any individual warrior is deserving of the treatment.

That's all to say that Motaro is dead in a ditch under a burning bus.

I don't care about Motaro. I didn't like him in MK3 and I don't mind if he ever returns.

But it's a damn shame for those who do care that he didn't make a proper appearance in a modern Mortal Kombat for those who DO care about him. His MKA appearance was freaking hilariously pitiful and didn't do him justice at all. If NRS can't make Motaro as the centaurian he is and how the fans love him, then alright, it's understandable he won't make it into a game, but it's a damn shame indeed.

However, for the sake of his fans, I hope he will appear four-legged and playable in the next clash-game, together with all the other characters who didn't make it into the main story games.

The lack of Revenant Shang Tsung, Motaro, and Jade in MKX, as well as other unknown Revenant fighters from years before, suggests to me that even Quan Chi's powers have a limit. Maintaining the enchantment must constantly drain some of Quan Chi's powers or concentration, such that he has to pick and choose if any individual warrior is deserving of the treatment.

That's all to say that Motaro is dead in a ditch under a burning bus.

He picked Stryker over Jade? As a fan of both characters I'd say that's still a poor choice.

Nah, he got Sindel too.

To be fair, though, Sindel's ward in EarthRealm was what prevented Shao Kahn from invading EarthRealm, so maybe Sindel was considered to be an EarthRealm warrior, even though she's not from EarthRealm???
I'm not trying to argue.
I'm just trying to provide a possible story explanation for why Sindel may have also been included as part of the "EarthRealm Kombatants" in MK9.
I may also be completely wrong on this.

To be fair, though, Sindel's ward in EarthRealm was what prevented Shao Kahn from invading EarthRealm, so maybe Sindel was considered to be an EarthRealm warrior, even though she's not from EarthRealm???
I'm not trying to argue.
I'm just trying to provide a possible story explanation for why Sindel may have also been included as part of the "EarthRealm Kombatants" in MK9.
I may also be completely wrong on this.

IIRC, Quan Chi was given the souls of all kombatants who died in the conflict, not just Earthrealmers.

IIRC, Quan Chi was given the souls of all kombatants who died in the conflict, not just Earthrealmers.

By default, yes, all the tainted souls go to the NetherRealm when that character dies in MK, but the pact between Quan Chi and Shao Kahn in MK9 was specifically for EarthRealm souls.

I'll have to rewatch the cutscene; I didn't think it was specific.

It was specific.
Raiden said that he would offer the souls of EarthRealm warriors who died in the conflict to Quan Chi.
Quan Chi then says that he's being cavalier with other men's souls, to which Raiden then offers his own soul.
Quan Chi then tells Raiden that it is utterly pointless, as the EarthRealm souls are already his as payment for his allegiance with Shao Kahn.