Ideas for MK11

Need for Speed and Twisted Metal don't share an acronym with Mortal Kombat and Motor Kombat. Mario Kart does.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Interesting ideas. Quan Chi looks great. Reminds me of a Cenobite. Drahmin is not buff enough, guy should be 400 kilos of solid muscle.

Last edited:
I don't want them to be in the main roster. Thanks.

This.
I think that MKX was a step in the right direction, as far as keeping guests off the main roster.
It's a win-win scenario for people who do want them in and don't want them in.

In general, though, I'd like to see Friendships return for the next game.

I'm really hoping that the leaked info regarding the story isn't true.
Taven and Daegon coming back is fine with me, but I'd like for the story to deviate from the whole Deception / Armageddon plot, if possible, and would rather have a more original story.
It's bad enough that the first couple of chapters of MKX was essentially MK4, and the rest of the story was pretty decent until they decided to go right back to Shinnok for the last few minutes of it.
I'd like to know more about Erron Black and Ferra / Torr, and perhaps now that Sub-Zero and Scorpion have squashed the beef, we can now move on past those 2 in the story and focus on characters that need more time to shine.
MKX has proven that characters don't really need to have a big part in the story in order to be playable, so Sub-Zero and Scorpion can easily be cameos or have smaller parts like Kitana and Kung Lao in MKX and still be playable, so that people don't riot.

Never understood the hate the Trilogy characters get on this site. They are all by far better than anything they’ve created since. As far as Scorpion and Sub Zero, they should be featured in every MK game.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I don't "hate" the Trilogy characters.
I just don't care to see them in every single game and would rather not have it be another Trilogy / MK9 game unlike people who claim to boycott a game if ____________ doesn't make it in.
There's a huge difference.

As for being better than anything they've created since, I disagree greatly with that statement, as there are a few post-MK3 characters that I would take any day over the likes of Sheeva, Stryker, Sindel, Sektor and Kano.
The problem is that people see the Trilogy era with rose-tinted glasses, and because those characters were created from 1991 to 1995, if it's criticized then people have a hissy fit.
I'm not talking about you in specific, but HOLY HELL, there were a few people who down-right had a shit fit and resorted to calling people names / personal attacks / flaming on this forum when some of us brought up the idea of Kung Lao and Kitana sitting out for MKX (since they were 2 of the characters that got killed off in MK9, and we were discussing possible Trilogy roster cuts).

As far as a new MK is concerned, yeah, I would rather see post-MK3 and / or new characters get their chance to shine and I never understood the whole mentality of buying or not buying a game just for 1 character being gone from the roster.
I've also suggested plenty of times that Trilogy characters can be swapped out for other Trilogy characters in the next game or even be sold as DLC, to make room on the roster.
Selling some Trilogy characters as DLC would open up space for other characters to shine on the main roster, and behind guest characters, they're probably the highest selling.
I wouldn't be surprised, at all, if after the guest DLCs Triborg turned out to be the highest selling MK-related DLC character.
Yeah, I know that certain characters have to be in for people not to get mad, but at the end of the day people are never ever really happy with anything, regardless.
“Waaah, ___________ was never put into MKX, so it sucks.”
Yeah?
Despite 18 of the 27 main roster characters from MK9 being in MKX?

^^
This was essentially a bunch of people on YouTube comments sections, Ed's Twitter page replies and people on different gaming sites like IGN, even after Triborg was out with Cyrax, Sektor, Smoke and Cyber Sub-Zero all in 1 character.

Last edited:
Add Chess Kombat back into the game. Out of all the mini-games MK has had, that was one of my favorites.

There's no reason it couldn't still work in a modern MK game.

I don't think anyone on this site hates the trilogy characters at all. I'm pretty sure EVERYONE here has atleast 1 or more trilogy characters that they will allow to slide with being included in post-MK9 games (aside from those like Raiden, Sub-Zero, Scorpion, and Reptile who've been in every single game). But Commander is not lying about everyone losing their minds when Kitana and Kung Lao was revealed. And I'm talking from both sides. I could name names but I'd hate to be taken the wrong way so I'll use myself as an example.

I felt the dead/irrelevant trilogy characters should've been dlc or NPC-Fights during Story mode (which some like Sindel did). They revealed 4 new characters and stated specifically that they would be "moving on from the past, have more new characters than any other MK, the dead characters can still come back in some capacity, ect." But after the reveal that showed the 4 new characters, we got MK9 character after mk9 character after mk9 character, after mk9 character, and so on. We NEVER got any more new characters until dang near release, we NEVER got any post-trilogy characters (aside from Quan Chi and Kenshi) revealed until release (or for some until that streamer played the entire story mode), and then they revealed Kitana and Kung Lao as if they never died in the previous game. This started making people such as myself believe they were basically giving us MK9.5 because it basically seemed like they were gonna give us MK9 characters with 6-8 non-MK9 characters (which was sorta true). And even though MK is a fighter, its more than just a fighter for a lot of us so consistency with the story and diversity in the gameplay means way more than just adding x old a** nostalgic character because they were around in the early days. So seeing Kitana and Kung Lao, especially in their normal state, was a slap in the face at the time and all hell broke loose from both sides. People had the argument that it was about the gameplay more than the story, and that turned out to be somewhat true because a lot of MK9 characters were much different in MKX (I hate MK9 Lui Kang but mained MKX Lui Kang). Some on the other side also had the argument that you need Mileena in the game now because Kitana is in or you need Lui Kang because Kung Lao was in, both statements end up being a lie as Lui interacted with Kung Lao once and Kitana and Mileena never saw nor mentioned each other throughout the entire story.

The story of MKX was severely dry because they stuck with mainly trilogy/MK9 characters, but there are stories they could explore in greater depth if they actually used different characters. Why in the hell was Kenshi and Jax in the game when their roles were basically irrelevant (especially Kenshi)? These are slots that could've went to Fujin and Havik, two post-Trilogy characters that a LOT of people have been begging for. What purpose did Sonya and Kano serve in MK2? Nothing so they were cameos and plot-devices for Jax, a new character at the time. But there were more (or close to more) new characters than there were old characters during the trilogy. This stopped happening after MK4 and the quality of characters (both new and old) started decreasing ever since. With over 70+ characters that exist in the MK universe, it makes no sense for them to have the same 16-26 characters in every single Mortal Kombat game. They need to let some characters sit out for a game or two and if people want to play as the trilogy characters that bad we have a game for that it's called Mortal Kombat (2011). *Don Mattrick impression*.

I’m not one to boycott the game if certain characters are dropped. I’m not a fan of the 3-d era games. I’d prefer they left the stories and characters from those games in the past.

i hope the stages dont all have that black and grey look to them. i hope theres more colour to them.

i hope theres lots of new characters. i was hoping that Quan Chi would sit out this game because he died in mkx. but if they bring him back i hope they get rid of those stupid mind control moves/ fatalities. I also hope if they do bring back Quan Chi that they make it make sense like they did with Sub-Zero.

You hit the nail on the head [MENTION=12191]kadell[/MENTION], especially with section 2 and the part in section 3 about Jax, which IMO, could have also just been a cameo for Jacqui.
With them explaining how Raiden and Sonya saved him, that was enough (IMO) for NRS to say "He needs to be alive because dead people don't procreate."
It's the 1 rule of real life that NRS has actually stuck with for the past 26 years.
And yes, I was 1 of the ones who's really wanted characters like Fujin, Havik, Hotaru, Sareena and Reiko (before that Twitter douche) to get their chance to shine.

EDIT:

I’m not one to boycott the game if certain characters are dropped. I’m not a fan of the 3-d era games. I’d prefer they left the stories and characters from those games in the past.

And I'd prefer if they left the stories of the Trilogy characters in the past, as well.
Time to move on.
Kotal Kahn's Outworld story was pretty cool, but no, NRS had to revert back to Shinnok.
I expect some of the Trilogy characters in the game, but their story doesn't have to be in the spotlight all of the time.
Sub-Zero and Scorpion settled their feud?
Great.
Now let's move onto other characters who also could have some compelling stories / background info to tell.
There's no reason why new characters like Ferra / Torr and Erron Black (2 very well done characters, aesthetically and gameplay-wise) should still feel like they need further explanation to them after MKX is finished.
Why didn't those characters get better story development to them?

Again, in my example I'm not saying that Sub-Zero and Scorpion shouldn't be playable, but they should take a back-seat when it comes to story, so that we learn more about these newcomers.

Last edited:
Take a back seat?! F that! Scorpion and Sub-Zero are too big of stars for that! Mortal Kombat is another name for "The Scorpion and Sub-Zero Show starring Scorpion and Sub-Zero".

Make them both the primary heroes of MK this time.

Take a back seat?! F that! Scorpion and Sub-Zero are too big of stars for that!

Story-wise, yeah, other characters should also let their stories be told.

You're always on about how new characters need to "earn their spot," but how do you honestly expect that to ever happen if those characters aren't even given a fair chance in story mode?

Story-wise, yeah, other characters should also let their stories be told.

You're always on about how new characters need to "earn their spot," but how do you honestly expect that to ever happen if those characters aren't even given a fair chance in story mode?
Scorpion and Sub-Zero earned the right to be the main characters in perpetuity a long time ago. Making them the primary protagonists is long overdue. I mean, they do have top billing in MK for a very good reason.

They got that chance in MKX when they buried the hatchet and their 25-year feud ended.

Time to move the story along and not be stuck in the past.

They got that chance in MKX when they buried the hatchet and their 25-year feud ended.

Time to move the story along and not be stuck in the past.
How many MK characters are bigger than Scorpion and Sub-Zero as of this very post again?

They don't need to be the focus of the story to be in the game tho. Put them on the cover and you're set
That doesn't answer the question.

Which MK characters are bigger than Scorpion and Sub-Zero, even after 25 years worth of chances to exceed them?

Scorpion and Sub-Zero have been the most popular MK characters since day one... and they've done that WITHOUT being the main characters. Hence why they don't need to be. Story-wise they aren't interesting or relevant enough to the main story to be main characters anyways. They have always had their stories on the side because they were personal stories. Neither of them were all that concerned about saving the world from a big bad guy, that's the job of the main heroes. They are support characters and always have been.