Ideas for MK11

Personally I think its fine if Scorpion and Sub remain mostly poster-boys but don't get top billing in the story, the way the current plot is going they seem to be settling more into support roles anyway, with Sub being Grandmaster and a teacher to the young heroes and Scorpions "revenge" being complete. I mean aside from doing the save the realms stuff, where else can we really go with these guys that doesn't feel like regression rather than development (aside from addressing how Scorpion really botched that whole stop Quan Chi plan for everyone).

Last edited:
Does Sub-Zero and Scorpion even have to be in the story? As a die-hard Sub-Zero fan that I am, I couldn't care less if he had a part in the story or not. I'd rather see these two characters be in the roster for the sake of keeping the die hard fans happy that they're still around, and not have any importance other than "We're just in here because we're always in here."

Sure, some might whine and claim "tHeY'rE TaKinG A SpOt oF SoMeOne WhO cOuLd bE MorE uSeFuL," because there's always those bunch that comes out when they see someone in the roster that they don't like. But seriously, if having no Reiko in X managed to make someone threaten an actual employee of Netherrealm Studios, imagine what it would be if Sub-Zero and Scorpion were not present.

I'd like to have my favorite game not have their company's employees fear because you have a few psycho idiots who can do some damage to people who aren't really the kind that can take that garbage on their Twitters.

Well, not really.
Just like with Ryu in Street Fighter. He's the face of the franchise, but considering the story of SFV, Ryu was hardly a part of it at all. He just showed up to beat Bison in the end, and that role could easily have been given to Nash. Ryu was kinda a shoe-in, to be truthful. Exactly like Scorpion and Sub-Zero were in MKX's story.

Last edited:
With the huge outcry for Noob Saibot's absence in MKX, he's more than likely coming back for MK11. Which means Sub-Zero definitely has a place in the story mode. Scorpion's place in the story imo totally revolves around Takeda. I can see them doing something like killing Jacqui or Kenshi, and having Scorpion trying to teach Takeda to control his rage.

Not main story bound, but they still have side relevance.

With the huge outcry for Noob Saibot's absence in MKX, he's more than likely coming back for MK11. Which means Sub-Zero definitely has a place in the story mode.

If Noob Saibot is coming back (which I also agree with you and think that he will) I'd rather NRS use Noob Saibot as a way to re-introduce Sareena and have her new timeline story told in the next game, given that she's had some history with him in the past timeline (Mythologies) and she even mention's Bi-Han by name in the MKX story mode.

I actually wouldn't mind if some of the old characters that DO come back give us more info on new characters that didn't get enough spotlight in MKX, or new characters in general.
Didn't Erron Black have ties to Shang Tsung in his arcade / ladder ending (for example)?

Going by a lot of the (of course noncanon as of now) arcade endings, MK11 might be about Outworld vs Earthrealm. They could be saving the Netherrealm cast for a future game, sans Saibot.

I actually wouldn't mind if Noob Saibot forms and alliance with Havik (as per MK9), as well, to also re-introduce Havik and set it up for an invasion of the NetherRealm by ChaosRealm, either for MK11 or the next game.

I'd play a game where Scorpion and Sub-Zero are the main characters...Bonus points if it's that Fire & Ice game...C'mon Eyebrows, push it outta door already.

I think rosters are too bloated anyways, most of the time I ignore 90% of characters, and this is the prime reason why MK has so many underdeveloped, shitty characters. It also explains unbalanced gameplay, repetitive and uncreative finishers, and inconsistent quality. Too many characters, too little time.

That would be more of an action adventure game, though, and it probably wouldn't be canon, just like Shaolin Monks wasn't really canon and had a bunch of plot-holes.

I think it would be one of the best MK games. Scorpion and Sub Zero are the biggest draws in MK.
Exactly! And everyone else needs to give a logical explanation of why the biggest draws of MK should take a back seat to characters with less drawing power, because I sure as hell don't see any logic in that. In fact, Scorpion and Sub-Zero have been taking a back seat in the story since Day One, and have earned Main Character status a long time ago, and still haven't been given what they earned.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

They are fictional characters. They haven't "earned" anything. They don't "deserve" anything. They only do what the devs make them do. Scorpion and Sub-Zero's popularity is not something the two of them have earned. They were designed by real people, they are the ones who take the credit, they are the ones who deserve it.

If Scorpion and Subbie get to be main characters in a game, it's not because they deserve it. It's because the developers chose to make them so, because they want a story to be told with them in the lead.

I would just prefer it happened in a non-canon spin-off, because they have never had such importance in the main games. As I mentioned earlier, their stories were personal side-stories that had nothing to do with the main plot. They are shove-ins into the story, always have been, because the MK team needed some excuse to make the two most popular characters relevant enough to be put in the game, even if that relevance is minimal.

Scorpion is no hero. He has only ever been concerned with himself. If he ever killed a bad guy, it's only because they got in his way. He didn't kill Quan Chi because of some heroic act. On the contrary, he killed him off for selfish reasons, and didn't care about anyone else. Raiden and the others needed Quan Chi so they could free the other Revenants from his magic, but Scorpion didn't care about that one bit. Because he is a selfish moron who only cared about "REVENGE!!!" And now that Quan Chi is dead, so has Scorpion's relevance to the main story died.

Sub-Zero, however, have shown some redeeming qualities, but has been all too wrapped up with the Lin Kuei. But now that he is the Grandmaster, he has offered aid to the main heroes, but for some reason won't get directly involved... until he does. That last scene where he takes the Lin Kuei and attacks Kotal Kahn and the other Outworlders to save Cassie and the team was him taking a step into being directly involved with all the otherworldly affairs. Whether or not NRS wants him to be more involved is something we just have to wait and see if happens.

Sure, NRS could write a story where the two of them team up against some bad guy. I just don't see any reason why other than pandering to slobbering fanboys who are ready to suck their d!cks. It would be a money-grab, nothing more.

Oh, and before anyone says anything... I have never denied their popularity. They are just incredibly overrated.

Last edited:
"They are just incredibly overrated."
"They are fictional characters. They haven't "earned" anything. They don't "deserve" anything."
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

They are fictional characters. They haven't "earned" anything. They don't "deserve" anything. They only do what the devs make them do. Scorpion and Sub-Zero's popularity is not something the two of them have earned. They were designed by real people, they are the ones who take the credit, they are the ones who deserve it.

If Scorpion and Subbie get to be main characters in a game, it's not because they deserve it. It's because the developers chose to make them so, because they want a story to be told with them in the lead.

I would just prefer it happened in a non-canon spin-off, because they have never had such importance in the main games. As I mentioned earlier, their stories were personal side-stories that had nothing to do with the main plot. They are shove-ins into the story, always have been, because the MK team needed some excuse to make the two most popular characters relevant enough to be put in the game, even if that relevance is minimal.

Scorpion is no hero. He has only ever been concerned with himself. If he ever killed a bad guy, it's only because they got in his way. He didn't kill Quan Chi because of some heroic act. On the contrary, he killed him off for selfish reasons, and didn't care about anyone else. Raiden and the others needed Quan Chi so they could free the other Revenants from his magic, but Scorpion didn't care about that one bit. Because he is a selfish moron who only cared about "REVENGE!!!" And now that Quan Chi is dead, so has Scorpion's relevance to the main story died.

Sub-Zero, however, have shown some redeeming qualities, but has been all too wrapped up with the Lin Kuei. But now that he is the Grandmaster, he has offered aid to the main heroes, but for some reason won't get directly involved... until he does. That last scene where he takes the Lin Kuei and attacks Kotal Kahn and the other Outworlders to save Cassie and the team was him taking a step into being directly involved with all the otherworldly affairs. Whether or not NRS wants him to be more involved is something we just have to wait and see if happens.

Sure, NRS could write a story where the two of them team up against some bad guy. I just don't see any reason why other than pandering to slobbering fanboys who are ready to suck their d!cks. It would be a money-grab, nothing more.

Oh, and before anyone says anything... I have never denied their popularity. They are just incredibly overrated.

Mortal Kombat is really another name for "that thing Scorpion and Sub-Zero do".

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

You people act like Scorpion and Sub-Zero are people who do things on their own volition to earn their popularity, that it is by their doings that people have come to like them. But that's not true. As said, they are fictional characters. They are created. Everything they've done is because of the developers behind them.

And if they are all MK is to you, then fair enough. Personally, I could do without them and still love the franchise. The entire MK storyline could be told without even mentioning any of them once, because they aren't relevant to it. They are in the games because of popularity, not because of relevance.