Ideas for MK11

So many character requests yet most of people don't main more than 3. Why? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

So many character requests yet most of people don't main more than 3. Why? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

MKX pretty much chaned this for me. With MK9, I had Jade, Mileena (Piercing), Kitana, & Stryker. But with MKX, I had Mileena (All), Kitana (all), Tanya (Pyromancer), Kenshi (Kenjutsu), Sonya (Demolition), Lui Kang (Flame Fist), DVorah (venomous), Jacqui (hightech), Cassie (brawler), Erron Black (Marksman), Jason (Slasher), Johnny Cage (Fistcuffs), and Kano (Cybernetic). All courtesy of the Variation system.

More importantly, its also for story related purposes.

MKX pretty much chaned this for me. With MK9, I had Jade, Mileena (Piercing), Kitana, & Stryker. But with MKX, I had Mileena (All), Kitana (all), Tanya (Pyromancer), Kenshi (Kenjutsu), Sonya (Demolition), Lui Kang (Flame Fist), DVorah (venomous), Jacqui (hightech), Cassie (brawler), Erron Black (Marksman), Jason (Slasher), Johnny Cage (Fistcuffs), and Kano (Cybernetic). All courtesy of the Variation system.

Interesting, I only played as Kotal and Scorpion. Just couldn't find the time nor patience to learn more...

Mortal Kombat is more than just the game, it is a story, a collection of characters.

Characters that take 5 minute screentime don't contribute much to the story.

The Revenants are ressurrected, Jade in her ending is possessed, she would be the first possessed character in this game, oas I dont count Reptile.

Just because you don't count Reptile being possessed doesn't mean he wasn't. Onaga's soul took over his body and transformed it to the Dragon King's likeness. That's a pretty heavy possession right there. You not counting it as such doesn't really matter.

Well, Xenon is wrong about the Revenants in this case. They are under Quan Chi's spell, not possessed. The difference being that no other being are inhabitating their bodies, their minds have just been magically manipulated with to be under Quan Chi's control. They are free from Quan Chi and Shinnok now though, however, their minds are still manipulated with, so their goals still align with Quan Chi's.

At least that's what we know so far. When MK11 comes, it might be different. Depends what direction NRS wants the story to go.

This.

While I usually main 3 characters, the variation system opened up that possibility up to 5, for me.
In MKX I've mainly used Sub-Zero (Cryomancer), Raiden (Displacer), Takeda (Ronin), Jacqui (High-Tech) and Kung Jin (Bojutsu).

Maybe the Dragon King will possess Goro this time (main villain or at least antagonist) while Jade will be possessed as the woman in her MK9 ending (protagonist).

Main Protagonists:
- Jade (Possessed)
- Li Mei
- Kenshi
- Fujin
- Sareena
- Taven
- Kai
- Cassie Cage
- Kung Jin
- Takeda
- Jacqui Briggs
- Scorpion
- Kuai Liang
- Nitara

Bosses:
- Dark Empress Kitana
- Dark Emperor Liu Kang
- Dark Raiden
- Dragon King (Possessing Goro)

Last edited:
It is your opinion of course. But I will dread a roster like this... MKX all over again, too much goodguys and almost no badguys. I'm more into badguys, so this list would be my nightmare. Also too much of the same women. I want some ugly women (new characters or Tasia) in MK11. Not all women are sexy and to please heterosexual male eyes..

This isn't the whole roster. There is no way I'd leave Tanya out.

I just was talking about the heroes and the main villains of story mode.

I honestly think they're going to somehow merge timelines
So they have more flexibility
They often mention the old timeline and I don't think they're done with it yet

So much has changed already in the new timeline character wise. But so far to me, were really just heading to Armageddon in a later timeline. If anything, we have less Characters if you go by what is shown in game, comic, or mentioned. But some of them are a hell of a lot stronger then before. Though I doubt they will repeat the old story with new outcome. If anything and they go this route, I would imagine Raiden knows this is coming from his old vision. If they are serious about Raiden meeting enemies head on now, I think he would make it his life goal to prevent this event from ever occuring no matter the cost.

With raiden knowing what he knows now he can stop certain things from ever happening
I.e stopping Liu kang from dying at the hands of the deadly alliance or stopping quan chi from finding the dragon kings army
I know the past visions thing may have been a plot device but what's stopping new timeline raiden from sending visions to his old self in this new timeline

More details about the leaked info of MK 11.

Spoiler:
I have a feeling Salina is the woman in Jade's MK9 ending. YAAASSS!!! :)

Last edited:
If this Salina character is truly a thing, and she will be the one from Jade's ending, I'm kinda glad she is an individual character and not just one who is possessing Jade. That means we get Jade as an individual as well.

Okay, so back before MKX Released, I suggested that the game would have NPC Fights during Story Mode so that slots on the main roster aren't wasted on Jobbers who could just be enemies during Story mode. Low and behold it actually happened. So let's see if it can happen again.

For MK11, I believe they should have Status Effects for X-Rays. It's crazy that a character can be stabbed in the eye, break a rib, break their neck, endure internal bleeding, and break their legs but still move like those things never happened. They should have the x-rays give opponents a disadvantage. For instance, if stabbed in the eyes, the opponent's screen gets pixelated/blurry and clears over time. If their leg is broken, they can use the attack button tailor to that leg and they're slower. It their spine is broken, they can attack but can't move. If their neck is broken, they have distorted controls over a short period of time. If they break their ribs, attack to the chest deal more damage over time. Break their arms, receive normal damage while blocking. They experience internal bleeding, they take chip damage over a short period of time. Just anything to make X-Rays seem like they actually mean something.

That sounds extremely annoying. 30%+ damage for 3 bars and a grotesque cutscene is not enough?

I suggested that the game would have NPC Fights during Story Mode so that slots on the main roster aren't wasted on Jobbers who could just be enemies during Story mode. Low and behold it actually happened. So let's see if it can happen again.

They shouldn't have listened then and they shouldn't listen to you now. :madsign3:

But seriously, I'd rather not. Besides, if playing local VS, the whole blurry screen thing and such won't work. I'd rather they didn't include status effects like these.

If Tag Kombat returns, may I suggest unique Team X-Rays depending on the team setup (via Dead or Alive series tag throws). Example:

-Takeda and Jacqui: After uppercutting her opponent, Takeda appears from behind and ensnares his opponent's legs with his whips and slams them hard on the ground (causing ribs to shatter). Then he tosses them up to Jacqui, and she keeps them juggle with her gauntlet shots (depending on her variation, destroying pelvis bone, thigh bones and rupturing stomach and liver in the process) before Takeda rejoins and they both finish their opponent with diagonal cross strike (Jacqui with a Supergirl-style punch and Takeda with a well-timed dashing whip strike to their opponent's head and neck respectively (destroying their skull and neckbone).

-Ermac and Reptile: Once Ermac ensnares his opponent with his Soulkinetic power, Reptile goes invisible and starts attacking at the both knees, one of the shoulders and the chest area (dislocating the kneebones, shoulder and rupturing the stomach) before blinding the opponent with his acid spit as Ermac slowly lifts them up before they (for Ermac) bend the opponent backwards like a folding chair (breaking the lower spine) and slamming them viciously hard onto the ground (destroying the entire ribcage, skull in the process).