Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: Ideas for MK11

PSN
    therealkadell
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Re: Ideas for MK11

Bruh, I read "Production Started Before the Release of MKX" and thought it was true because I know they implied having finished the main game of MKX around December/January which was why they were able to work on the DLC characters so early. But I completely missed the part that said "So 2015 January or so" which is 100% false because between January and Launch they were working on balancing, bug fixing, and DLC characters, which is also why we got that large Day 1 patch which included drastically reducing the amount of Koins you gained throughout the game. Now I can rest easily and say that yeah that was fake news, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asears08 View Post
    I haven't read any of this thread, so I apologize if I cover things that have already been discussed:

1. Move back to the "Tournament" aspect of the first few games.
    2. Move away from Variations. While I liked them for the most part, I would rather have more characters with focused skill sets than have a bunch of variations for less characters. Particularly when so many characters ended up having one or sometimes two truly viable variations. Give characters robust skill sets that allow for varied gameplay.
    3. More new characters. I know everyone has their favorites and must haves, but I would like to see the majority of the roster be new characters. While I will always be nostaligic for the old standbys, I think I have played enough Liu Kang, Raiden, Sonya, etc for my lifetime.
    4. While I love the Krypt, I would kind of like to see unlocks focused more on in game secrets. More cryptic like back in the MK1 and MK2 days.
    5. I wouldn't mind seeing some of the extra modes comeback like Kombat Chess, etc. I don't feel like these modes were the reason the Xbox/PS2 versions didn't hold up as well (they were actually some of the most enjoyable aspects of those games), I think the diminishing quality was more due to the game just not being suited to 3D fighting.

Other than that, Ill be happy with the usual stuff, more stages, more pit fatalities (maybe even more than one per stage depending on character location), more fatalities and other finishing moves, improved graphics, etc

I like the MK and MKII secrets. Unplayable, super hidden bosses and/or unplayable secret characters

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jion_Wansu For This Useful Post:

PSN
    Araknyd03
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)

I actually hope that we get another Shaolin Monks type of action / adventure game next.

It doesn't necessarily have to revolve around Trilogy characters, but if it did, then perhaps the next game (MK11 or whatever it'll be called) could continue to move the story along with the new characters.

Emperor of Outworld Nasty_Freak's Avatar
    PSN
    Cassandra_Jade
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kadell View Post
    Other than the last comment, I'll take this as semi-facts due to the leak for MK10 (which became X) being factual with changes such as Tanya and Rain being npcs rather than main roster characters. However, I hope everything except the 1st, 2nd, 5th, & 9th bullets are false. MKX was short and it under delivered in comparison to MK9 (which was long and had a better story beside the Massacre). They don't need 10hrs of fighting. If they're gonna have a beat-em-up section, they need to pull a Ground Zeroes and make it standalone. Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung should not return until MK12 or 13. Them defending the Elder gods? Over Johnny Cage who has the power to face Elder gods? And supposedly Cassie based on MKX? Over Subzero who defeated gods? Over Fujin who is a god? No...just no. Plus Raiden should be more like an Anti-Hero as he was in Deception and Armageddon. Having him as the main villain is just...no.
    Main villain should be Onaga.

Raiden, Kitana, and Liu Kang should be major antaginists though.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    I actually hope that we get another Shaolin Monks type of action / adventure game next.

It doesn't necessarily have to revolve around Trilogy characters, but if it did, then perhaps the next game (MK11 or whatever it'll be called) could continue to move the story along with the new characters.
    if SM2 gets made then it's definitely going to be a sub/scorpion game. maybe continuation from mkx since they're allied now, makes perfect sense.

PSN
    Araknyd03
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    if SM2 gets made then it's definitely going to be a sub/scorpion game. maybe continuation from mkx since they're allied now, makes perfect sense.
    I guess.
    It just feels like their joined story / feud is over with as of MKX, which I'm 100% fine with, but it felt like that could have also been the premise of a SM styled game.
    Scorp and Sub bury the hatchet via a common enemy (Quan Chi) and go hunting him down.

After MKX, though, I don't see what other common enemy they'd have to join forces for again, though.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

the zombie overlords (liu kang and his skank), rebellious raiden, dragon king, mokap...they seem like a good enough reason to tag team.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Xenon For This Useful Post:

PSN
    Araknyd03
    Mentioned
    259 Post(s)

Sure, but why not just save that for the MK11 story mode, then?
    I'd rather leave that type of stuff as story stuff for the new characters.

Now, I'm not saying it's a bad idea.
    Yeah, it'll work and it sounds good, but then what will be done for MK11?
    Would that Shoalin Monks type of game with zombie overlords (liu kang and his skank), rebellious raiden, dragon king, mokap, etc, mean that people would HAVE to play that before the next game (MK11) comes out, just to understand the MK11 story?

I was thinking more along the lines of a smaller side-story, perhaps even non-cannon, a bit like how the stuff in Shaolin Monks was taking place around the MKII timeline but it wasn't really cannon, per se.
    I'm not saying it has to take place anywhere near the Trilogy arc, but maybe parallel to what was going on.
    For example, some of the filler stuff that we didn't see in MKX detailing some of those events, and perhaps stuff that wasn't covered in the MKX comics either.

Mortal Kombat Champion Tarkatan Trash's Avatar
    PSN
    Romo2Witten1983
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post
    the zombie overlords (liu kang and his skank), rebellious raiden, dragon king, mokap...they seem like a good enough reason to tag team.
    Since when were "skanks" ever monogamous? If anyone is a skank, it's her Tarkatan-spliced clone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tarkatan Trash View Post
    Since when were "skanks" ever monogamous? If anyone is a skank, it's her Tarkatan-spliced clone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk
    The b!tch is 10,000 years old and dresses like a cheap whore. You probably fantasize she's a virgin too, completely innocent.
    (here come the fanfics...)

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    Sure, but why not just save that for the MK11 story mode, then?
    I'd rather leave that type of stuff as story stuff for the new characters.

Now, I'm not saying it's a bad idea.
    Yeah, it'll work and it sounds good, but then what will be done for MK11?
    Would that Shoalin Monks type of game with zombie overlords (liu kang and his skank), rebellious raiden, dragon king, mokap, etc, mean that people would HAVE to play that before the next game (MK11) comes out, just to understand the MK11 story?

I was thinking more along the lines of a smaller side-story, perhaps even non-cannon, a bit like how the stuff in Shaolin Monks was taking place around the MKII timeline but it wasn't really cannon, per se.
    I'm not saying it has to take place anywhere near the Trilogy arc, but maybe parallel to what was going on.
    For example, some of the filler stuff that we didn't see in MKX detailing some of those events, and perhaps stuff that wasn't covered in the MKX comics either.
    Number one an SM2 game will be MK11, if it gets made next.
    Number two what happens next is up to the writers. New stories can be told after the MKX shtick is done for good with SM2.

I'd be down for a parallel-story type of game, behind the scenes or a prologue to MKX. Sounds good.
    Last edited by Xenon; 07-04-2017 at 01:07 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Xenon For This Useful Post:

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread Information