Ideas for MK11

Not sure but I think it'd be nice to have a pop singer type of character (someone like Britney Spears).

I mean other games have characters who are into music such as KOF characters Athena, Shermie, Chris, and Yashiro.

Not sure but I think it'd be nice to have a pop singer type of character (someone like Britney Spears).

I mean other games have characters who are into music such as KOF characters Athena, Shermie, Chris, and Yashiro.

Mortal Kombat is too dark for Idol characters like Lucky Chloe or Athena Asamiya. I personally wouldn't mind such a character, but it wouldn't work right in MK universe. Maybe a demented rockstar who is also a cannibal, but not something like Kyary Pamyu Pamyu like character would be so out of place.

Mortal Kombat is too dark for Idol characters like Lucky Chloe or Athena Asamiya. I personally wouldn't mind such a character, but it wouldn't work right in MK universe. Maybe a demented rockstar who is also a cannibal, but not something like Kyary Pamyu Pamyu like character would be so out of place.
Well, the closest we got to a rock star character was Nitara, whose alt costume was based on the legendary KISS frontman Gene Simmons. Her MKDA Konquest Mode also referenced rock bands as well, such as Def Leppard and the Scorpions' Blackout album. I think Darkstalkers had that Lord Raptor guy too.

And don't listen to Nasty_Freak's ideas for MK. His ideas would be to MK what Jar Jar Binks is to Star Wars.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Actually more of a twisted undead pop-star who is living in the Netherrealm and is more like a dominatrix who has a fetish for blood and gore, who was also a love interest of Johnny Cage before Sonya. She'd be under the forces of Dark Empress Kitana and Dark Emperor Liu Kang. ;)

Actually more of a twisted undead pop-star who is living in the Netherrealm and is more like a dominatrix who has a fetish for blood and gore, who was also a love interest of Johnny Cage before Sonya. She'd be under the forces of Dark Empress Kitana and Dark Emperor Liu Kang. ;)

Minus being Johnny's original love interest. Since nothing in the story indicates such an encounter. This idea you presented would actually work

gameplay: much less emphasis on coin-flippin' 50/50 bullshit,

ui design: drop the "modern" "simplistic" white on black design. where is the colour?

graphics: they need to switch engines already because good god it looks like shit compared to the games released today...it really, really does. unreal 3 can only be pushed so far. the lack of colour is balls...mortal kombat was never a "dark, realistic, desaturated" game, it was colourful with some realism elements.

".

this^ especially the lame dark graphics :/ MK9 had such better presentation, better environments, better character models etc. for a next gen title you would expect better not worse

Minus being Johnny's original love interest. Since nothing in the story indicates such an encounter. This idea you presented would actually work

Thank you!!! ;)

She'd be a skilled fighter with powers (one skill which involves her voice and dancing) and an excellent weapon master (with weapons such as a bladed staff to a bladed whip). ;)

I haven't read any of this thread, so I apologize if I cover things that have already been discussed:

1. Move back to the "Tournament" aspect of the first few games.
2. Move away from Variations. While I liked them for the most part, I would rather have more characters with focused skill sets than have a bunch of variations for less characters. Particularly when so many characters ended up having one or sometimes two truly viable variations. Give characters robust skill sets that allow for varied gameplay.
3. More new characters. I know everyone has their favorites and must haves, but I would like to see the majority of the roster be new characters. While I will always be nostaligic for the old standbys, I think I have played enough Liu Kang, Raiden, Sonya, etc for my lifetime.
4. While I love the Krypt, I would kind of like to see unlocks focused more on in game secrets. More cryptic like back in the MK1 and MK2 days.
5. I wouldn't mind seeing some of the extra modes comeback like Kombat Chess, etc. I don't feel like these modes were the reason the Xbox/PS2 versions didn't hold up as well (they were actually some of the most enjoyable aspects of those games), I think the diminishing quality was more due to the game just not being suited to 3D fighting.

Other than that, Ill be happy with the usual stuff, more stages, more pit fatalities (maybe even more than one per stage depending on character location), more fatalities and other finishing moves, improved graphics, etc

Just a quick question before I post my idea for MK11. I was wondering what other people think of the timeline. Does anyone view MKX as MK4 and Deadly Alliance, MK4 with some Deadly Alliance elements, or just a very long MK4? I understand that some people say since this is a new timeline, some events will be erased from time, but they could still happen. Like Shang Tsung returning from the dead and resurrecting Quan Chi to bring forth the Deadly Alliance. So what are everyone's thoughts? Is this a long MK4, MK4 with MK:DA elements, or MK4 and MK:DA? Based on Story and the character roster.

Last edited:
Just a quick question before I post my idea for MK11. I was wondering what other people think of the timeline. Does anyone view MKX as MK4 and Deadly Alliance, MK4 with some Deadly Alliance elements, or just a very long MK4? I understand that some people say since this is a new timeline, some events will be erased from time, but they could still happen. Like Shang Tsung returning from the dead and resurrecting Quan Chi to bring forth the Deadly Alliance. So what are everyone's thoughts? Is this a long MK4, MK4 with MK:DA elements, or MK4 and MK:DA? Based on Story and the character roster.

its not mk4 or mkda. its a whole different story. the only possible similarity to mk4 that i can think of is that shinnok is the main bad guy. and its nothing like mkda.

Ten hour story mode is turning my stomach. MKX was long enough for me. Everything else sounds interesting although The Elder Gods bringing back Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung irks me. I swear I want those gutless Gods to die a miserable death. Queen Kitana please deal with those imbeciles

Couldn't find an official Mk11 thread so I'm posting this here. Saw it on twitter a little bit agoView attachment 9326

Other than the last comment, I'll take this as semi-facts due to the leak for MK10 (which became X) being factual with changes such as Tanya and Rain being npcs rather than main roster characters. However, I hope everything except the 1st, 2nd, 5th, & 9th bullets are false. MKX was short and it under delivered in comparison to MK9 (which was long and had a better story beside the Massacre). They don't need 10hrs of fighting. If they're gonna have a beat-em-up section, they need to pull a Ground Zeroes and make it standalone. Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung should not return until MK12 or 13. Them defending the Elder gods? Over Johnny Cage who has the power to face Elder gods? And supposedly Cassie based on MKX? Over Subzero who defeated gods? Over Fujin who is a god? No...just no. Plus Raiden should be more like an Anti-Hero as he was in Deception and Armageddon. Having him as the main villain is just...no.