Post-Kombat Pack DLC all but confirmed

Lord Greyjoy

Future DLC skin packs: Kold War pack, Brazil pack

Future classic skins: Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Reptile, Ermac

I have extracted this from the decrypted coalesced ini.
DLCDepot=(mKey=GOROCHARACTER000,mAppId=347890)
DLCDepot=(mKey=JASONCHARACTER00,mAppId=347150)
DLCDepot=(mKey=PREDCHARACTER000,mAppId=351550)
DLCDepot=(mKey=TANYACHARACTER00,mAppId=351551)
DLCDepot=(mKey=TREMORCHARACTER0,mAppId=351552)
DLCDepot=(mKey=COARSESCORPION00,mAppId=347152)
DLCDepot=(mKey=KOLLECTIVESCORP0,mAppId=347153)
DLCDepot=(mKey=BLUESTEELSUBZERO,mAppId=347155)
DLCDepot=(mKey=BRAZILSKINS00000,mAppId=351553)
DLCDepot=(mKey=KOLDWARSKINS0000,mAppId=351555)
DLCDepot=(mKey=FEUDALJAPANSKIN0,mAppId=351556)
DLCDepot=(mKey=HORRORSKINS00000,mAppId=354425)
DLCDepot=(mKey=KLASSICSKINS1000,mAppId=351554)
DLCDepot=(mKey=KLASSICSKINS2000,mAppId=354426)
DLCDepot=(mKey=PREYSKINS0000000,mAppId=354427)
DLCDepot=(mKey=UNLOCKKRYPTCONT0,mAppId=347154)
Brazil and Kold War Skins pack?(notice how there's a Kollective Scorp there,so it's not Kold war scorpion)
There are some characters like Sonya(about 5 skins total) who have more skins than what were officially announced. It's obvious there's gonna be future DLC.
Reptile and Ermac have 4 skins listed in the coalesced,officially only 3 were announced.
Scorpion has 9 skins,as opposed to the 7 officially announced ones.
Sub-Zero has 5.
There's at least 2 skin packs that haven't been announced,given the high possibility of future DLC,It wouldn't be surprising if these characters will get extra skins along with(Presumably) extra returning characters. The presence of these packs hints that at least 2 more can make it.

thanks to futuretime23 on MKO

You ask me, two more skin packs means two more characters post-season pass, just like with Injustice. Forget the bullshit NRS has been peddling. There's definitely more DLC planned.

I'm only assuming the ninja skins are classic skins, but I'm 99% sure. I'd bet money on it. It's curious that the four unaccounted costumes belong to the male ninjas and it's curious that they, of all classic characters, are the only ones without classic skins at the moment. My guess is they are free with compatibility packs.

Brazil skins? WTF? :eek:

It's sickening that Scorpion has 8 or 9 skins so far. He should have 5 maximum. Where's my Klassic Shinnok? Where's Goro's alt?

Thanks for the info, Greyjoy.

Also, Ermac would look really weird with a Klassic skin this time around, because he floats.

Klassic skins means another old fighter returning. I feel like it has to be Fujin or Noob at this point. I think Noob or Smoke going by the klassic Ninja theme set for those characters.

If the alleged Brazil and Kold War skin packs are tied to characters in a thematic way, and I'm guessing they are, then my guess is Frost for Kold War (6th Injustice DLC was another female) and... I'm stumped about Brazil. Jade makes sense, but no way she's DLC what with Kitana's variation and her not even appearing in the story. Maybe Cyrax? He's yellow and green...

Cyrax and Frost it is, I guess. Where's Fujin? :( Hopefully they decide to do a full 2nd Kombat Pack, if only to up Fujin's chances.

Klassic skins means another old fighter returning. I feel like it has to be Fujin or Noob at this point. I think Noob or Smoke going by the klassic Ninja theme set for those characters.
Not if they are the free compatibility pack skins, and it would really make sense that they are.

Four DLC packs = four compatibility patches = four skins.
MK9's free compatibility packs skins were klassic ninjas.
They are less expensive to design than normal skins, so they can afford to make them free.

Last edited:
Bear in mind that the Horror and Prey skins are part of themed character DLC packs, and it stands to reason that the Brazil and Kold War packs will work the same way.

So, who would suit those concepts? Lord knows what a Brazil pack is about, but it suggests someone fairly exotic. I'd have potentially guessed Tanya before (judging by her somewhat Amazonian look) but we know she's already coming with a Klassic skin pack.

It's extremely doubtful that these are going to be guest characters, IMO. Possibly one of them (Spawn?) but even then I am sceptical.

I'd really like it to be Fujin, Rain or Smoke. Hmm.

EDIT: Heh. Ninja'd.

According to that guy (I'm reading through the thread) the following characters will receive new skins:

Kold War? (+1 each)

Sonya
Kano
????

Brazil? (+1 each)

Liu Kang
Kung Lao
????

Not sure about the last two, assuming it's still three skins per pack. I'm guessing at the categories here, but it seems logical in terms of character design and artistic style.

Klassic Ninjas? (+1 each)

Sub-Zero
Scorpion
Reptile
Ermac

This is excluding the already announced Klassic skins available with Tanya and Tremor. That guy says Sonya has five listed skins, meaning two unaccounted for, but I think he is forgetting that we already know Sonya is getting a Klassic skin and already has three in-game.

[MENTION=18253]Lord Greyjoy[/MENTION], I think you're seriously reaching with Cyrax. It won't be as simple as having a yellow primary costume. When I think Brazil I think 'exotic' and Cyrax is not. I'd actually be more inclined to say Fujin, in terms of a long-haired guy with a staff (a concept you can do a lot with). It's absolutely anyone's guess, though. I don't think we can really guess who it will be based simply on 'Brazil' -- and it may not even be called that at release. I'd say we're far more likely to get an Amazonian pack than a Brazil one.

Last edited:
Tyler hinted that we would get skin DLC not part of the Kombat Pack just like Injustice did so I wouldnt say this confirms 2 more characters just yet

I hope we get more DLC characters and skins, I can't get enough of this game lol. I would like a second kombat pack if they were up to doing another 4 but I'd want them to be all returning characters and no guests. I also hope we get more arenas at some point or if not maybe a few weather options or time of day options for current ones, the cove in a rain storm or at night would be great, same with the jungle background lit up by a bright moon.

brazil and cyrax are irrelevant. that said, Boon has responded to Cyrax request tweets like 'his bus is running a little late' or how they haven't showed the full roster (in response to a guy asking why no cyborgs). so cyrax is likely to be DLC indeed (hope he breaks that rumour of fujin smoke limei and spawn, would rather have the first two rain and cyrax). the brazil thing could be a theme pack of three skins in a second DLC pack in honour of the brazilian fans. look up Boon's interviews from last summer during the Brazil show. they said they are surprised to see how many fans MK has in Brazil and would love to do something for them in return. I think back then all assumed either a brand new brazilian earthrealm character or the return of Kai. most possible scenario though is just three brazilian themed skins for three characters in the second kombat pack to honour their fans

safe to say theyre finally coming to their senses and putting baraka in the game playable
bout time

As much as I want Fujin in as DLC, I'm not crossing my fingers or holding my breath for it.
I don't want to get hyped, only to be let down if it isn't true.

theres-a-chance-o.gif

I remember hearing Ed Boon say in an interview a while back that there would be 30 something characters in MKX. Well right now we're at 29, so two more would definitely put us into the 30 somethings.

I... I get a chance to play as Frost? FROST.... I get a chance to play as my other favorite character...

FROST.

Frost will be in the game and will be playable... skin or not skin...

Frost.

A character... a character I asked... might get. Oh no, oh here it comes here's the freak out!

giphy.gif

I understand other characters are more popular than others so and thats why they get more of the attention! but all characters should have a MINIMUM of 5 Skins so at least is alil fair. Tired of the same characters constantly getting most. Scorpion will have like 7 costumes while Nightwolf would only get 2. Keep it close...not a landslide.