Mortal Kombat X Official Gameplay Discussion Thread

Nice win against that Jacqui. That would annoy the fack out of me, I admit.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Thanks. I have no idea what it is with NRS games bringing forth the worst of spammers but hey at least I beat him or her.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I don't remember exactly what it's called, don't play or care for Kenshi really, but it was a normal combo. 2 strings. 3 at most. Maybe it was even one of his basic special moves. That doesn't really matter. What matters is it was something very basic anybody could execute.

Well, there's a difference between what you ask (a proper combo or chain that does damage and you learn) and spamming one short combo that doesn't do much damage, but can kill you eventually if you're cornered. If such a person had any actual skills they would use a plethora of moves and combos to use the character to its fullest. To show off how good they are. But because they don't have any skills and don't know what to do they just spam one easy move to win by basically cheating. At least that's what playing this way is to me. Cheating. At the very least yourself if not the opponent. I would never put someone in a corner and play this way. It's lame and boring. Even if I get someone into a corner I kick them out. There's no pleasure in button mashing like a robot. If that should count and be the purpose then all the moves and variations are meaningless and everyone would just spam basic moves and wouldn't bother to learn more. And clearly that is not the case with the amount of spammers being limited. Thankfully enough people still have a brain and actually play. To learn and have fun. Not to boost their ego.

It's been awhile since anyone had an opinion like this on TRMK, but I've learned from cats smarter than me that it's better to reply with intentions of helping rather than insulting.

You keep mocking this opponent, saying they use one move, that this move is basic and braindead. In reality you're only mocking yourself. You're using the best of your character's abilities and strengths, yet this person can beat you with a single move. So really, who's the better player in this situation. What you need to understand is punishing. If he's doing something over and over, then you need to exploit that. If he's a shit player like you say he is, he wont be able to adapt. If this move has slow startup, use a fast move to stuff it, if it has slow recovery, punish him before he can do it again, if the move is high, duck and uppercut.

He isn't cheating, he's taking advantage of your lack of knowledge. And there's nothing wrong with corner pressure. That's what fighting games are all about, maintaining your advantage. There's no shame whatsoever to be had in that

I pick Tanya with her Kobujutsu, because I think it is fun to play that Variation with her. Of course, that's not optimal or rather flexible, but it's what I enjoy playing as. ^^

Nah that makes sense considering how they both had those abilities since forever.

Yup.
With newer characters like Jacqui and Takeda, though, I'm between 2 variations with those 2.

I also dabble with cyber Smoke from time to time.
The cyber Sub-Zero Brutality assist is probably 1 of my favorites, aside from Erron Black's enhanced Brutality where he shoots the raven. :laugh:

howcome when I do an enhanced wake up attack players can just break through it with regular punches or kicks?

I thought the whole idea of burning a meter on a wake up was to get the upperhand againt people who keep doing constant pressure/50/50

this is happening way too much and just feels like the game is broken
or maybe I'm missing something?

howcome when I do an enhanced wake up attack players can just break through it with regular punches or kicks?

I thought the whole idea of burning a meter on a wake up was to get the upperhand againt people who keep doing constant pressure/50/50

this is happening way too much and just feels like the game is broken
or maybe I'm missing something?

Latest patch removed the armor of a lot of EX launchers. If you want armor when you wake up, chances are it's now a different move you have to use.

Latest patch removed the armor of a lot of EX launchers. If you want armor when you wake up, chances are it's now a different move you have to use.

my characters still glow white though when I burn a meter on an enhanced special move, which I thought indicated the armour is in use. but still gets broken through by regular little crouching kicks and such :/

my characters still glow white though when I burn a meter on an enhanced special move, which I thought indicated the armour is in use. but still gets broken through by regular little crouching kicks and such :/

Glowing white indicates an EX move has been used. Flashing yellow indicates armor has been used.

Ugh, what the heck happened to Demo Sonya?!?!? Now she can't use more than 1 shock grenade in the same combo? What?!?!?! That pretty much kills the character for me.

I'm beginning to hate this community man. Nerf central.

Sonya is still really good post patch, probably 6-8. She just doesn't have like 40% meterless midscreen off a 50/50 anymore.

Still wins every trade, one of the best corners in the game, no whiff recovery on dive kick and (in a tournament setting) unreactable + 50/50s.

I can't see Sonya being in the top 10 anymore. She can't combo off of J1 anymore, B1 is no longer a viable punisher.

They nerfed her too hard man.

B1 allowed you to puunish moves with pushback. She can no longer do that. 121 doesn't reach far enough. She can't consistently combo off of J1. Her other follow ups whiff at certain distances.

Of course I'm a nobody and Fox is the best player in the community but I have to disagree with him. She got nerfed hard.