Mortal Kombat X Official Gameplay Discussion Thread

Elias6999

I don't know if there was a thread like this so I made one.

I'm really pumped to use the new gameplay features, like running, combo-ing into throws and stuff. Also I've been seeing that you can grab a person and switch sides with him but without attacking him, what is that? Is it sort of a stagger grab thing where you get a mixup?

I just hope the combat feels nothing like injustice.. That game feels horrible from MK9

I just hope the combat feels nothing like injustice.. That game feels horrible from MK9

Ive heard several people state this? Ive never played Injustice, what exactly is the problem with it for you. I would assume MKX would be the next step of an injustice/mk mixed system

Ive heard several people state this? Ive never played Injustice, what exactly is the problem with it for you. I would assume MKX would be the next step of an injustice/mk mixed system

Just the feel of the game. People say its faster, but for me it felt slower than MK9, Its way harder online since all a person has to do is hold back to block. There is no dashing to continue combos... And sadly you can notice they did that in MKX as well minus the run combos. The characters dont seem to have many juggle string starters like MK9 did so you would have to get a wall bounce which is back and 3.. Or get the overhead that bounces them which is forward 3. And to make things worse.... when i would try to pull off a new combo and end it with a certain ability say the combo string ends with triangle and the move i want to end the combo with is back forward X they will end up doing the wrong special if that character has a back forward triangle move... So the second i press forward the character will do the move i did not want. I cant wait to delete this game.... No wonder its free

Just the feel of the game. People say its faster, but for me it felt slower than MK9, Its way harder online since all a person has to do is hold back to block. There is no dashing to continue combos... And sadly you can notice they did that in MKX as well minus the run combos. The characters dont seem to have many juggle string starters like MK9 did so you would have to get a wall bounce which is back and 3.. Or get the overhead that bounces them which is forward 3. And to make things worse.... when i would try to pull off a new combo and end it with a certain ability say the combo string ends with triangle and the move i want to end the combo with is back forward X they will end up doing the wrong special if that character has a back forward triangle move... So the second i press forward the character will do the move i did not want. I cant wait to delete this game.... No wonder its free

Well most of your problems are from no dash blocking, which also isn't in MKX, but I guess that's okay since we have run cancels.

I was so excited to play as shinnok

then I saw his gameplay, seems alot like Shang

not exactly a "pick up and play" sort of character

O well

Well most of your problems are from no dash blocking, which also isn't in MKX, but I guess that's okay since we have run cancels.

yup, eventually i got used to walking forward instead of dashing but it just never felt as enjoyable.

yup, eventually i got used to walking forward instead of dashing but it just never felt as enjoyable.

I liked Injustice though. And although I did, I'm worried about no dash blocking in MKX because it changes the pace of the match.

Not being able to dashblock wasn't the only property that defined Injustice "rigid" movement. The walkspeed was much slower than MK9, and the dash's were pretty long, plus uncancelable. Beside feeling awkward to a lot of players it made ppl feel the neutral game was weak. Walking wasn't "flexible" enough and dashing was such a big commitment when it came to approaching an opponent. Overall, the movement for Inj became one of the biggest complaints about the game that I saw ppl bring up.

After seeing chars like Jacqui in MKX, I think its pretty clear that the movement is the exact opposite of Inj regardless of dashes being uncancelable which most games are anyway.

I liked Injustice though. And although I did, I'm worried about no dash blocking in MKX because it changes the pace of the match.

yea which is why they said theyve added the run dash instead... Nut its obviously not going to be as safe. Its almost makes dashing seem pointless unless the walk speeds are horrible like injustice.

Not being able to dashblock wasn't the only property that defined Injustice "rigid" movement. The walkspeed was much slower than MK9, and the dash's were pretty long, plus uncancelable. Beside feeling awkward to a lot of players it made ppl feel the neutral game was weak. Walking wasn't "flexible" enough and dashing was such a big commitment when it came to approaching an opponent. Overall the movement for Inj became one of the biggest complaints about the game that I saw ppl bring up.

After seeing chars like Jacqui in MKX, I think its pretty clear that the movement is the exact opposite of Inj regardless of dashes being uncancelable which most games are anyway.

I don't think that's the only movement problem, another one is the difference in all the characters' movement. They aren't just different, they feel like each character is from a different game, like take Batgirl and Aquaman.

Not being able to dashblock wasn't the only property that defined Injustice "rigid" movement. The walkspeed was much slower than MK9, and the dash's were pretty long, plus uncancelable. Beside feeling awkward to a lot of players it made ppl feel the neutral game was weak. Walking wasn't "flexible" enough and dashing was such a big commitment when it came to approaching an opponent. Overall, the movement for Inj became one of the biggest complaints about the game that I saw ppl bring up.

exactly. Which iss why im glad i never paid for that game. I dont mind is MKX basic movement isnt as fast as MK9 but it cant be like injustice. Just getting to an opponent is heard as hell for me. Theyre walking back and im trying to get them then when i get close that attack me... i hate that game.

Sounds like you guys didn't understand the footsies game of Injustice. I agree, the walk speeds are slow for some characters but you still shouldn't have trouble closing distance. If you're just mindlessly dashing in, of course your opponent is going to punish you. You have to make reads. You also have to learn how to properly block. I know it sounds menial but blocking is a very underrated skill.

I just think the back to block function turned a lot of you off Injustice. Dash blocking spoiled you guys.

Sounds like you guys didn't understand the footsies game of Injustice. I agree, the walk speeds are slow for some characters but you still shouldn't have trouble closing distance. If you're just mindlessly dashing in, of course your opponent is going to punish you. You have to make reads. You also have to learn how to block properly block. I know it sounds menial but blocking is a very underrated skill.

I just think the back to block function turned a lot of you off Injustice. Dash blocking spoiled you guys.

I liked committing to dashes but I don't want it in MKX so that it wouldn't feel Injusticey.

I really like Injustice, I would play it more if the people that came online weren't trash at the game.

You're jealous cause you ain't as good as me.

#dealwithit

Can't be good at a game I loathe
V61TeFw.gif