Ed Boon Interview - Angry Joe - March 30th 2015

CuteBaraka

Angry Joe has posted two new videos of recent interview with Ed Boon and another video. A lot of questions answered! May contain Spoilers (Warning).

around 17 mins they talk about the roster count, joe says 25 and boon says 'that's about right'. can't quite understand if he is using it in the form of the expression or ABOUT right meaning there could be a couple more in there. hopefully the latter

I just started the interview, but I was looking at the comments and this is apparently a quote:

"There would be a Jason tower, where you could use Jason all the way through it, even if you didn't buy him."

That's great for those who are deciding on whether or not they want to buy him or other DLC :)

Edit: Just got to the Jason part, what I wrote above isn't the exact quote, but its close

Edit 2: I like the guys enthusiasm, but damn man, let Ed speak! He asked a couple of good questions, but he didn't even let Ed answer them lol.

Last edited:
I just started the interview, but I was looking at the comments and this is apparently a quote:

"There would be a Jason tower, where you could use Jason all the way through it, even if you didn't buy him."

That's great for those who are deciding on whether or not they want to buy him or other DLC :)

Edit: Just got to the Jason part, what I wrote above isn't the exact quote, but its close
Yeah, I heard that bit; I assume it's one of those special one-day event towers that happens randomly, so you can try out a specific DLC character for a day, but only on their tower. If you like them, you can then buy them, but if not you'll have to wait until their next tower (which may not be for months).

If that's how it works then it's a pretty cool idea. It's kind of like having a free champion rotation, but less frequently.

Joe asked about more DLC characters and Ed Boon didn't ruled out it yet. So that's good to know.

Last edited:
Yeah I caught that part too about the roster having "about" 25 characters.. Damn you Boon and your ambiguous use of language!

EDIT: but not really cause you put out amazing games :D

No stage fatalities is no news to me. I'll watch these later. Thanks.

around 17 mins they talk about the roster count, joe says 25 and boon says 'that's about right'. can't quite understand if he is using it in the form of the expression or ABOUT right meaning there could be a couple more in there. hopefully the latter
Dude... just drop it, lol.

Fatalities work on Goro!!!! DLC have intros, was already kind of confirmed ;)

The guy is annoying though, the Hispanic part was cringe worthy, just the look on Ed's face when he tries to argue Ermac is kind of dark skinned and should be hispanic hahah :) he's a fan I get it, but when Ed confirms something he just cuts him off and goes nuts. With regarding to the MK3 / UMK3 skins / costumes, I wouldn't get my hopes up since he said he will not rule it out and some might appear. He wanted to ask a good question about arenas, DL or updated, but ended up not asking the question cause he got too excited lol.

Since Ed Boon said that more DLC is possible then I hope they have time for a second kombat pack. It sounds like if a second pack is made then another guest fighter is likely seeing how much money they make.

Since Ed Boon said that more DLC is possible then I hope they have time for a second kombat pack. It sounds like if a second pack is made then another guest fighter is likely seeing how much money they make.

Yeh also notice there will be more than one pack(s) instead of just season pass.

To me, a second kombat pack is out of the question, though 1-2 DLC might be possible. I have a feeling that WB calls the shots on that one, so it probably depends on how much time they are going to need to put in and will that pay off. Boon really seemed like he wanted to say we are definitely thinking about it :) To all the people complaining there are guests over actual MK characters: Freddy was the best DLC of the whole bunch, though that's not saying much cause the others sucked as well imo.

Did I just hear this correctly? No stage fatalities? Wow, I'm extremely surprised.
I'm not disappointed though. We're getting a lot more than we can ask for in MKX anyways.

Man people get down on this game for some *very* specific things and that is their prerogative but the cake sounds great even if the icing isn't perfect.

Wait hold on,
At 6:00 in the second video (AngryJoe vs JeremyJahns) Raiden's dailogue with Kung Lao is barely hearable to me, but might not be to others.
Raiden: "Where have you been Kung Lao?"
Kung Lao: [inaudible to me]

Anyone able to find that out?

Also..
at 7:38, Raiden does his X-Ray, but it's not his normal X-Ray. It looks like the one they gave him at game launch and reveal, but then I believe they changed it, but now we're back to the very cinematic one? This is a very recent fight. I'm confused to which X-Ray Raiden normally will have.

Did I just hear this correctly? No stage fatalities? Wow, I'm extremely surprised.
I'm not disappointed though. We're getting a lot more than we can ask for in MKX anyways.

Right? We have our fatalities, brutalities, quitalities and faction fatalities (Factionalities?) To compensate for that.

Wait hold on,
At 6:00 in the second video (AngryJoe vs JeremyJahns) Raiden's dailogue with Kung Lao is barely hearable to me, but might not be to others.
Raiden: "Where have you been Kung Lao?"
Kung Lao: [inaudible to me]

Anyone able to find that out?

Also..
at 7:38, Raiden does his X-Ray, but it's not his normal X-Ray. It looks like the one they gave him at game launch and reveal, but then I believe they changed it, but now we're back to the very cinematic one? This is a very recent fight. I'm confused to which X-Ray Raiden normally will have.

I don't think anyone is going to be able to tell what Kung Lao actually said. The one part that could be heard didn't even sound English to me lol.

Also, I'm hoping that won't be Raiden's final X-ray as it's just so out of place with everyone other character's. It looks more like an animation that should be in injustice with Superman punching people out of Orbit. It's cool and all, but it's just so out of place for every other x-ray we've seen that it kinda 'irks' me.

I think the opposite. I think Raidens Xray is awesome. It actually looks like the super move Xrays are supposed to be. I wish everyone elses were as awesome as Raidens.

Also, I'm hoping that won't be Raiden's final X-ray as it's just so out of place with everyone other character's. It looks more like an animation that should be in injustice with Superman punching people out of Orbit. It's cool and all, but it's just so out of place for every other x-ray we've seen that it kinda 'irks' me.

That's what I was thinking. They use the exact same model types as Shazam does in his X-Ray.
They both go up into the same clouds. It just doesn't give me the MK feel. More of a comic book X-Ray.
Look at this and tell me it's not a palette swapped background.