[SPOILER] First 25 Minutes of Story Mode and Tower Gameplay

Boon's talked about wanting bosses to be playable. Injustice had no unplayable bosses. I really think Shinnok's going to be the final battle.
That could well be the case, and at this point the least surprising outcome. I think it'd be more interesting (and fun) for Havik to be the final boss, though, and unlocked after beating him (and thus finishing story mode). That would both allow the boss to be playable and give us an interesting/unique unrevealed new character. :)

Yeah theres a pretty big difference between the representation of Kabal, Stryker, Sindel, Smoke and Nightwolf, who all seem to have brief cameos and littke to no dialogue, and Fujin who plays as big a role as Raiden, has a totally new costume, many lines.

In each of those cases its kind of annoying to have the character present and not he able to play them. I guess the cameo is better than nothing. Still, in the case of Fujin he spends a lot of time on the screen for a guy whos supposedly off the roster.

Didnt they say something about 3 fighters from MK4 being in? I dont remember where i read that, but if Tanya doesnt count because shes DLC then it looks like Fujin may be our man.

So".... That ruled.

Fujin has to be in. Has to has to has to. The end. He looked awesome, he fits the game, he needs to be a more regular character in general. Just yes.

Shinnok officially rules. Not much debate, he fits the villiany role perfectly.

I'd be a lot more worried about Shinnok jobbing if it wasn't leading to Shinnok making a return at some point, but it is.

Just seriously, hell yes to this game.

Remember SOAD trailer? I mean, noit the TV trailer, the making off?

There was a scene where Shinnok, wearing his possible (I hope) second outfit (the one we have seen on the stream) was reaching the Jinsei.

That is probably his return. Looked like he was very close to our life force...

Everyone is saying that JC beating Shinnok is a joke? Dont forget that Shinnok blasted him with his energy blast (or whatever u call it) and Johnny even said "I dont know what just happened to me" He was more powerful at that point.

Everyone is saying that JC beating Shinnok is a joke? Dont forget that Shinnok blasted him with his energy blast (or whatever u call it) and Johnny even said "I dont know what just happened to me" He was more powerful at that point.

The point of that fight isn't "Johnny actually defeated Shinnok" Johnny was holding him off, keeping him busy. After the fight both Johnny and Shinnok were still in their fight stances. If Johnny actually "beat" him, Shinnok would have been lying on the ground like Scorpion and Sub Zero after Johnnys respective fights with them.

PS: I do think the green shield thing did add to his strength in that fight, but again, the idea was to stall Shinnok for Raiden.

I can't wait to get home and watch this baby in HD. But from the little I could see, it looks amazing. And Fujin, oh my god, he looks soooo good. He needs to be playable.

We should stop underestimating our human heroes.

Ok, Shinnok is more badass than ever, he is a god, former Elder or not, he is one of the most powerful being in the universe.

But Johnny is one of the chosen warriors for a reason. I totally agree with [MENTION=18894]ArcaneEsper[/MENTION].

Johnny was defending Sonya, and probably his feelings triggered much power on him. He "just" absorbed a mortal blow from mother ducking SHINNOK.

He surely can hold him a few seconds. I bet that if Raiden didn't reached the Amulet, Shinnok would eventually do a lot of damage.

Johnny is the champion because he held Shinnok and handed Raiden the Amulet. I see no joke at all.

I'm not sure why people are surprised at Johnny's "newfound" strength. They've been hinting at the fact that he has the potential to get even stronger via a power he has no idea about since MK:A. They're finally incorporating that power into canon with his MKX Chapter.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Exactly! Not to mention I wouldn't say Johnny "beat" Shinnok the way Liu Kang beat Shao Kahn from MK9 when he punched a hole in his chest. In story, Johnny simply fought Shinnok until there was an open opportunity for them to retrieve the Almulet for they can send Shinnok back to trapped city.

I personally like the idea of Johnny Cage being "Raiden's Champion" I was kinda over Liu Kang winning everything in the old timeline. If any of you remember the 3D MK's Johnny had no purpose and was just there because he was a fan favorite. No deep story for him. Now look what they have done with him. His voice actor betrays him as still a sarcastic prick but now with a little more badass in his words. He marries Sonya and divorces her. The result they have an awesome daughter named Cassie and now the Special Forces is as much of a force to reckon with as the White Lotus. All these good changes because they let Johnny "beat" Shinnok instead of Liu Kang.

So... MKX is gonna be pretty good.

The fight with powerful fallen Elder God is the fourth fight of the game... Not so much happened before this "big danger" was dealt with. Even Shang Tsung during MK2011 seemed more dangerous.

Shinnok looked more dangerous in these 25 minutes than every MK9 villain over the entirety of MK9 put together. Shang Tsung, Quan Chi, Shao Kahn, Sindel, Ermac, Goro, Kintaro, you name 'em. And it's still not even close. Raiden and Fujin combined barely put up a fight, Sonya and Johnny got kicked to the curb like a sack of sad puppies, Kenshi got Kenshi'd. No one actually beat the guy down. Seeing Sonya in danger did allow Johnny to go Super Saiyan (about damn time!), but it's very open to interpretation how long he could have kept up at Shinnok's level. From his epic introduction with the bone hands, to his dominating dialogue and voice acting, and his animations... everything is just pitch perfect.

I'm so thrilled by MKX it's actually absurd. As a fan, this feels like everything that I've been waiting for since I played my first game of MK at an arcade.

"She called me Johnny."

The feels, man, the feels. :cry2:

I'll post more thoughts later, but my only criticism so far is it felt like Sonya should have had a little bit more presence, especially once Jax showed up on the scene. Just a few more lines of dialogue here and there. But, you know, first world problems. And the speed with which she throws down that assault rifle and says "You ready?" - haaaaa.

Johnny beating shinnok? What a joke...

Johnny kicked Shinnoks ass in Armageddon also, but he ran lol

Aside from that story looks sick! Fujin and smoke looked redesigned so they might be unlockables
Also I think that was Liu Kangs red/black fireballs blowing up the choppers in the beginning

Johnny kicked Shinnoks ass in Armageddon also, but he ran lol

Aside from that story looks sick! Fujin and smoke looked redesigned so they might be unlockables
Also I think that was Liu Kangs red/black fireballs blowing up the choppers in the beginning

Yes, I also think it's Liu Kang down there taking out the heli! It's his new projectile, for sure it's him.

JC is getting a place in my heart. He's going to be one of my mains and I didn't even want him to be in the game a few months ago, good job NRS.

Do you think Smoke is redisgned? to me he was wearing his MK9 alt, awesome outfit though, I loved it.

Do you think Smoke is redisgned? to me he was wearing his MK9 alt, awesome outfit though, I loved it.

I don't think he was redesigned. Actually, Nightwolf, Sindel, Smoke, and everyone else who was killed that showed up, all had their MK9 outfits on, but sharped up.
Example,
They used Sindel's normal MK9 Primary, but they sort of enhanced it slightly, just like they did for everyone else. Slight change, very noticeable.

I can't say how awesome I think this angle is that they are taking with Johnny.

He seems cheesier than ever in his versus dialogue.

I noticed that It seems you can pick old or young Johnny version of JC along with any outfit.

I'm hoping he makes it through story mode without getting killed

"Hereeeee's JOHNNY!!!!"

I have always, always hated Johnny Cage. But MKX really is giving me a better view of him. His character looks better, his moves look better, even his y lines sound better than they ever were.
Now, even though I'd still never play as him, he's gone from absolutely terrible to just unbearable. Which is pretty good considering I can't stand most characters anyways.

I feel like johnny will die.. he says idk what just happened but I won't let you hurt her when he got in-between the amulet's force and sonya and I remember in the story trailer that li mei (???) said that the ones who got in between paid a price.. but anyways, the story appears to be much better than mk9. kinda bummed smoke is definitely out, otherwise JC would probably fight him too. probably safe to say nightwolf, smoke, sindel, stryker are definitely out. also, good job to IGN for claiming smoke's outfit was brand new when it's just his alt from MK9. KUDOS