[SPOILER] First 25 Minutes of Story Mode and Tower Gameplay

Fujin has to be that secret unlockable. His design is perfect. His voice is perfect. Everything about his character is perfect. I can't see him being an NPC that has that much work put into. No sir.

Well, we DID saw a redesigned Rain, and he will probably be a NPC as well... So I would not get my hopes so high for Fujin :/

I'm not getting my hopes up but damn Fujin looks good, NRS has done an amazing job with him.

Shinnok with the Keanu Reeves Neo moment when fighting Johnny Cage and Sonya was freaking brilliant haha, damn this Story Mode is hyping me up so much for this game. I can't believe it's 2 weeks til release!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

So Shinnok can turn into red smoke, huh?

Yeah, really don't think that was the "blood god" or anything in the story mode trailer.

SERIOUSLY:

This. Game. Is. PERFECT!

The fights are amazing. Really, look at Fujin, how badass he is.

How amazing is to see Raiden and Fujin fighting together?

And what about Shinnok?? WHAT ABOUT SHINNOK?? :laugh:

Perfect villain. The dude was fighting with his hand on his back, c'mon!

Now he is what he should have always been. Completely amazing.

I wish the MK4 story arc was shorter. 25 minutes (including the fights!) is way too long...

...I mean, COME ON!!

During the cinematic fight with Johnny and Sonya he looked like he was waving away the annoying flies and with Raiden and Fujin he put more effort, and after all this Johnny got angry and defeated Shinnok without any help just like that?? I know that it's about game mechanics, but IMO they should have made the Netherrealm War looking more dangerous and threatening. The fight with powerful fallen Elder God is the fourth fight of the game... Not so much happened before this "big danger" was dealt with. Even Shang Tsung during MK2011 seemed more dangerous. IMO they put this MK4 arc just because they had to and to find an excuse to provoke the event of the rest of the story. The war against Shinnok should has been shown in more dramatical way.

I wish the MK4 story arc was shorter. 25 minutes (including the fights!) is way too long...

...I mean, COME ON!!

During the cinematic fight with Johnny and Sonya he looked like he was waving away the annoying flies and with Raiden and Fujin he put more effort, and after all this Johnny got angry and defeated Shinnok without any help just like that?? I know that it's about game mechanics, but IMO they should have made the Netherrealm War looking more dangerous and threatening. The fight with powerful fallen Elder God is the fourth fight of the game... Not so much happened before this "big danger" was dealt with. Even Shang Tsung during MK2011 seemed more dangerous. IMO they put this MK4 arc just because they had to and to find an excuse to provoke the event of the rest of the story. The war against Shinnok should has been shown in more dramatical way.

Johnny didn't defeat Shinnok at all, he was just distracting him long enough for Raiden to recover and grab the amulet.

I think they did a good job of making Shinnok dangerous with how he was beating up everyone--that's more than Shang Tsung did. The Netherrealm War isn't quite over yet either, we know they're going to go after Quan Chi and there's still stuff with Scorpion and Kenshi to take care of.

...I mean, COME ON!!

Not to mention that there was a crap ton of destruction/army mobilization going on, so this wasn't some "Oh hey, we have some demo-and their gone...."

...I mean, COME ON!!

I don't see why it needs to be shorter. I personally feel it needs to be longer. A fallen Elder God is invading your realm and you manage to finish him off that quickly? I agree the arc needs to be more dramatic, Shinnok is supposed to be a frightening guy. Him with his amulet are what finally gave the Elder Gods an upper hand over the One Being. It's kinda weird that his arc was short lived in spite of that.

The music in the jensei stage is awesome, and the man the sweat thing with johnny looks really bad. If you watch the all fatalities video in HD after Scorp slices Johnny head off you can see sweat bubles on his fingers lol, it looks so bad. But finally we got some HD ganeplay without any damn talking. Jax looks awesome an Fujin HAS to be playable.

Johnny didn't defeat Shinnok at all, he was just distracting him long enough for Raiden to recover and grab the amulet.

I think they did a good job of making Shinnok dangerous with how he was beating up everyone--that's more than Shang Tsung did. The Netherrealm War isn't quite over yet either, we know they're going to go after Quan Chi and there's still stuff with Scorpion and Kenshi to take care of.

Distracting - this I could understand, honestly at the first moment I didn't think of it that way. Shinnok dealing with the guys practically without any effort is badass and I really like it and it's the way it should be. Maybe the NRW isn't over, but dealing with Shinnok happened too quickly (yeah I know he can return).

I don't see why it needs to be shorter. I personally feel it needs to be longer. A fallen Elder God is invading your realm and you manage to finish him off that quickly? I agree the arc needs to be more dramatic, Shinnok is supposed to be a frightening guy. Him with his amulet are what finally gave the Elder Gods an upper hand over the One Being. It's kinda weird that his arc was short lived in spite of that.

It was an irony man ;) The rest of my post was similar to yours ;) I understand that in the web you can't always express your feelings the way you'd like. I meant they seemed to treat the first Shinnok appearance (assuming he will come back) a bit superficially.

It was an irony man ;) The rest of my post was similar to yours ;) I understand that in the web you can't always express your feelings the way you'd like. I meant they seemed to treat the first Shinnok appearance (assuming he will come back) a bit superficially.

Haha, sorry bro. But yeah I agree with you. Shinnok was leaning towards lackluster in his appearance. I hope this doesn't mean that he actually is the end boss and that's where he redeems himself.

I'm very curious on how they plan on shifting the story 25 years forward and back again after seeing this chapter.

Yeah, it seems there will be some jumps in time, but they had to try hard to not confuse people too and made the story understandable much.

I wouldn't like Shinnok or anyone present in the roster as the "enhanced" big boss and I have a feeling this will be someone else.

Boon's talked about wanting bosses to be playable. Injustice had no unplayable bosses. I really think Shinnok's going to be the final battle.

Must the Shaolin Monks all be so defenseless? I mean it would be nice to see some of them fight back! Just saying!!!!!

Two observations:

1- When the main villains comes with philosophy that makes sense, you know he is about to kick ass;

2- When you telekinesis level is high enough, you can spot smiles without seeing :laugh: