4.Noob Saibot
5.Ermac

Least favorite 5 :
5.Chameleon
4.Khameleon
3.Meat
2.Mokap
1.Blaze

You are SO wrong! She is perfect character for MK, specially for this MK!
It's actually funny how wrong you are.

Her design is amazing, one of the best they ever did, everything about her is non-generic, she is unique, she is different, she is fierce in this game. Where you have 3 characters that look almost the same, when it comes to design and moves, D'Vorah is like cold, fresh water on the face. And her voice acting is perfect.
But opinion is like ass, everybody has one so...

Why do people like you keep using Uniqueness as a justifiable reason someone is a good character. A shit cake is unique compared to a chocolate cake. Does that make shit cake good? And to me keeping characters similar in some way gives them an mk vibe.

D'vorah is one of the best designs imo, i love her look, the voice , and concept.
it goes to show you cant please everyone. some people dont like the plain look of Cassie and Jacqui. D'vorah is in the complete other direction and she doesnt create any buzz or excitement. MK has a very weird fanbase.

jacqui and cassie are great character designs and they are great ideas. Descendants of icons are perfect for story and lore imo. They give you the mk vibe. Unlike D'vorah.

Top 5:
Kenshi - He's just badass. He's blind and is still one of the better fighters. Like just imagine what kenshi could do if he wasn't blind. The whole blind swordsman aspect I've loved ever since his first reveal and I've never not played kenshi as long as he's been out. As soon as he came out for mkx he was all I played anymore. I even stopped playing kabal because that's my dedication to this character.
Kabal - He was just the first character I ever got good at. So he kind of grew on me since he was really the only one I was playing. Never looked back since mk3. He was my favorite character till kenshi came along.
Shinnok - I've just always thought shinnok looked cool. I thought the way he played was awesome and he finally truly looks like a beast character in mkx.
Smoke - I've loved that smoke was kind of a tragic character for a long time similar to cyrax in that he was kind of forced into his position. And I was always intrigued by what he would be like if he wasn't a cyborg and mk9 gave that to me and I fell more in love with him
Kotal Kahn - the only character in MK9 thus far that I have an instant thing for. I don't know why, I just fell in love with him immediately.

Top 5 least
Liu Kang - Characters just been boring for too long. I've never liked fire. I've always been partial to ice. If I could havea 6th fave it'd be subby. So considering liu kangs fighting style is shoot fire, it just never grew on me. He was never interesting lore wise, and the only time I've ever thought he's tolerable was when he was being a dick or when he died and became a zombie.
Ashrah - Just boring character design imo.
Raiden - Don't find him fun to play. Cool character. Just not enjoyable to me.
Jax - I hate to say it. But he's a character that has so little personality when he could have so much. His gameplay doesn't bring any out and his general state of being doesn't. He's just a massive disappointment to me and that's why he's one of my least faves.
Scorpion - The whole preferred ice > fire is basically the whole reason I don't like scorpion. On top of the fact that he's the poster boy for mortal kombat. Call me a hipster but I don't like those kinds of characters.

Favorites
1. Shujinko (Ultimate powerhouse and ultimate martial artist) LOVE the feeling when you unlock all his powers
2. Sub-Zero (Bi Han, beat SubZero Mythologies and youll know why i LOVE Bi Han as SubZero)
3. Kenshi (total badass storywise, freakin blind swordsman badass at frst glance, him and subzero are total buddies in deception story, AND if you played deadily alliance he easily the strongest in the game)
4. Liu Kang (CHAMPION OF MORTAL KOMBAT, what can all the other kombantants of mortal kombat think when they see him HE has beaten the sheeit out of Shao Khan himself
5. Goro (no need to tell he is awesome and original) play Mortal Kombat 4 to witness his full power and ed upness

Least Favs
1. Kai (noobody gives a shit about this guy) even tho arrmeggedon made him kinda coo
2. Moloch (i like as a character but he SUCKS as the deadily alliance sub boss too damned easy)
3. Nitara (her story was looking cool in her birth game but she was a throwaway character in deadily alliance i feel, they need to talk about her more for her to be cool, i loved her thing she was having with cyrax)
4. Jarek (same prob as Kia but at least he is black dragon)
5. Meat (not even a character, but just to fill the list. i love mortal kombat universe and all its lore and characters, except when people die they should stay dead or not have died in the first place!!!!!!

Favourite:
1. Baraka
2. Goro
3. Liu Kang
4. Reptile
5. Scorpion

Honourable mentions who have great potential story wise, but didn't make it due to (lack of) playability & design so far (MKX excluded): Havik, Fujin, Quan Chi, Tremor & Shinnok

Least favourite: too many to name, but basically everyone introduced in Armageddon (incl. Blaze), the whole Order Realm, most females, Hsu Hao, Moloch, Drahmin, Onaga, Sheeva, Meat

Last edited:
I love how you said "least fav" instead of "hated".

Most Fav:
Jax
Jacqui (Well, based on look. I haven't seen gameplay still, so...)
Smoke
Kitana
Sonya

Least Fav:
Hsu Hao :laugh:
Sheeva
uhh... I can't remember many others I don't like now..

jacqui and cassie are great character designs and they are great ideas. Descendants of icons are perfect for story and lore imo. They give you the mk vibe. Unlike D'vorah.

Why don't you make one post instead of two back to back? D'Vorah is probably the best new character in my opinion, I'm very interested to see how she fits into the story mode.

Back to the topic at hand. I figure I might as well make my first post about my favourite characters.
1. Ermac
2. Quan Chi
3. Shinnok
4. Goro
5. Shang Tsung

Notable mentions:Smoke, Nightwolf, Drahmin

Least favourites;

1. Hsu Hao
2. Blaze
3. Darrius
4. Johnny Cage
5. Scorpion - I'll probably get hate for it, but he's always annoyed me, and the extra attention he always seems to get does not help.

So, were doing this again? Fair enough.

Top fav

1.Goro
2.Bo' Rai Cho
3.Shinnok
4.Reptile
5.Kintaro (Maybe Ferra/Torr?)

Least fav

1.Taven

Honestly, I can appreciate each and every character in their own way...Just not Taven. He's the only character I truly hate.

Favorites

1. Erron Black
2. Kotal Kahn
3. Sub-Zero
4. Scorpion
5. Shao Kahn

Least Favorites

1. Hsu Hao
2. Drahmin
3. Jarek/Kira
4. Mavado
5. Taven

Last edited:
Favs:
1.Shinnok
2.Havik
3.Raiden
4. I'm stuck here between Kabal, Quan Chi and Shang Tsung :s

Least:
1.Liu Kang
2.Liu Kang
3.Liu Kang
4.Liu Kang
5. Zombie Liu Kang? :proud:

Favorites:
Sub-zero
Mileena
Stryker
Johnny Cage
Cyrax

Least Favorites:
Hotaru
Mavado
Nitara
Taven
Darrius

(Meat and Mokap are not real characters)

(Excluding MKX Debuting Characters and Guests)
Favorite (In Order)
-Tanya
-Quan Chi
-Mileena
-Styker (MK9 changed him for me)
-Kira

Least Favorite (Out of Order)
-Mokap
-Meat
-Darius
-Jarek
-Moloch

Yikes, this is going to be very painful to make..

*deep breath*

Favorites:
1. Sub-Zero
2. Kabal
-------------
Beyond this point, its like choosing between your children:
3. Quan Chi
4. Shinnok
5. Kenshi/Raiden (this is brutally hard to do)

Least favorite:
1. Mokap
2. Darrius
3. Kobra
4. Li Mei
5. Kira

I liked the idea of Kobra and Kira as far as new Black Dragons.. but gameplay wise? Yawn. At least Kira felt like a Kano/Sonya whereas Kobra just did the typical fire ball thing.

Favorite characters.

1. Sub-Zero (Kuai Liang)
2. Scorpion
3. Fujin
4. Kotal Kahn
5. Kenshi

Least favorite.

1. Kitana (mostly because of her fans they're all so annoying. One of them is on this forum that I hate a lot.)
2. Stryker
3. Jax
4. Darrius
5. Blaze

Least favorite.

1. Kitana (mostly because of her fans they're all so annoying. One of them is on this forum that I hate a lot.)

:laugh: Very bold, friend.
I hate her fans too. I always get juggled by them in MK9. ;-)

My list can pretty much be disregarded because I'm already switching the order in my head. Curse these threads!

1. Sub Zero (both Kuai Liang & Bi Han equally)
2. Scorpion
3. Smoke
4. Raiden
5. Shang Tsung

Honourable mentions: Kung Lao & Liu Kang, Cyrax & Sektor, Mileena and Kitana

5. Sheeva
4. Kobra
3. Kano
2. Ferra Torr
1. Shao Kahn

Dishonourable Mentions: Drahmin, Moloch, Goro, Shujinko, Sindel

Favorites: