What happens after MKX: Mortal Kombat 11 character Wish List

[MENTION=18534]reikoiskahn[/MENTION]

Your #20 caught my attention of course
reikoiskahn said:
20. Kira (In the alternate timeline, she is Kano's daughter, receiving coded orders from her father in prison and is being groomed to be the new leader of the Black Dragon Clan)

I would love if in the next game Kira got retconned as Kano's daughter and the mother being Tasia, being raised by all its members (Kano. Tasia, Jarek, Tremor & No Face)

Why not, right?! With this gen and future MK games being about next gen, why not give a villain an evil daughter! She can be as quick and skillful as her mother and as ruthless and cunning as her father!!!

I would also like to see Scorpion and Sub Zero bury the hatchet after learning the truth of all the deceit and have respect for one another. While they go their separate ways and train their respected clans to defend Earthrealm, when called upon they are the "Deadly Alliance"

Raiden needs to finally move up to Elder God Status while Fujin takes his place as Protector of Earthrealm

Bo Rai Cho still trains the Great Fighter

People tend to forget that "death means nothing in MK" so it doesn't matter what happens in MKX, it still doesn't dictate who will and won't be in MK11.

Anyways, here's my list:

1. Scorpion
2. Sub-Zero
3. Raiden
4. Fuujin
5. Cassie Cage
6. Jacqui Briggs
7. Takeda
8. Skarlet
9. D'Vorah
10. Kung Jin
11. Noob/Smoke
12. Bo Rai Cho
13. Kotal Kahn
14. Tanya
15. Sektor/Cyrax
16. Li Mei
17. Ashrah
18. Khameleon
19. New Lin Kuei
20. New Outworld Warrior
21. New Faction Character
22. New Shadow Priest
23. New Realm Villian
24. New Faction Character 2

And hopefully they return to tournaments rather than wars.

Since the story mode was stream a while back, I guess it's okay to bring back this thread. For a roster I will like to see a Deception style roster with a good amount of old favorites returning while having the popular new characters from MKX returning and still creating new characters on the main roster. Deception brought back three newbies from MKDA, so I can see MK11 doing a similar thing with the MKX newbies. Cassie Cage, Kung Jin and maybe Kotal Kahn seem like that they are likely to return.

here is my wishlist, roster of 28:

Good:

1 Liu Kang (mentor)
2 Kung Lao (mentor)
3 Kenshi (mentor)
4 Cassie Cage (new gen of protectors)
5 Kung Jin (new gen of protectors)
6 Takeda (new gen of protectors)
7 Jackie Briggs (new gen of protectors)
8 Kitana (mentor)
9 Kotal (no longer the emperor, now helps the warriors of earthrealm)
10 Ashrah (Fujin's ally, also protecting the earthrealm warriors, brand new design, no raiden hat crap)
11 Fujin (new protector of earthrealm)
12 Sareena (recruited to help earthrealm's warriors)

Neutral:

13 Scorpion (both typical scorpion and human form available)
14 Subzero (Lin Kuei leader, neutral, IF he chose to help evil this time so would Cyrax and Smoke)
15 Cyrax (cyborg/Subzero's ally in the Lin Kuei)
16 Smoke (human/Subzero's ally in the Lin Kuei)
17 Reptile (disappointed that no master he ever followed brought his race back, now on his own and neutral, leaning towards helping the earthrealm warriors)

Evil:

18 Mileena (serving Shao Kahn)
19 Tremor (takes over Black Dragon leadership, hired by Shang Tsung)
20 Raiden (goes nuts)
21 E. Black (hired now by Shang Tsung)
22 Skarlet (one of Kahn's assasins)
23 Rain (Tanya's ally, own schemes, serving Shao Kahn)
24 Tanya (Rain's ally, own schemes, serving Shao Kahn)
25 Reiko (Kahn's general, own schemes, serving Shao Kahn)
26 Shinnok (own schemes, new alliance with Shang Tsung)
27 Ermac (serves Kahn)
28 Shang Tsung (sub-boss, unlockable/returns via Ermac)

BOSS:

29 Shao Kahn (unplayable BOSS/returns via Ermac)

DLC choices:

Baraka - D'Vorah - Havik - Kabal

Jax - Johnny Cage - Li Mei - Jade

Kano - Frost - Sektor - Noob Saibot

Last edited:
they make Ultimate Mortal Kombat X

a cross of MK9 and MKX with all characters from both games plus 4 more playable characters
Frost, Havik, and 2 other 3d era characters with potential.

each character with 3 variations

the inclusion of stage fatalities and all stages from both games some mk9 stages updated visually ( darker/less cartoony) with added intractable on some, and plenty unlockable stages from the 3d era and MK2 (spikes on ceiling / portal with hovering monks) etc. and uppercutting through the roof ( i mean who dosent miss that!)

new fatalities no 1 button fatalities

proper brutalities that are hard to perform

friendships

animalities

best MK game ever

Last edited:

Good:

1 Liu Kang (mentor)
2 Kung Lao (mentor)
3 Kenshi (mentor)
8 Kitana (mentor)
10 Ashrah (Fujin's ally, also protecting the earthrealm warriors, brand new design, no raiden hat crap)

Neutral:

14 Subzero (Lin Kuei leader, neutral, IF he chose to help evil this time so would Cyrax and Smoke)
17 Reptile (disappointed that no master he ever followed brought his race back, now on his own and neutral, leaning towards helping the earthrealm warriors)

Evil:

20 Raiden (goes nuts)
27 Ermac (serves Kahn)

BOSS:

DLC choices:

Baraka - D'Vorah - Havik - Kabal

Jax - Johnny Cage - Li Mei - Jade

Kano - Frost - Sektor - Noob Saibot

How would you make Shao Kahn look?

I've been out to not read any story mode spoilers, so, when i'm back after playing the whole story mode, i'll come here to ajust my roster. I'm praying for Kitana to be alive and with a important role. BYE! haha

[MENTION=5502]ninja[/MENTION] 2 of the characters you mentioned in that "good" list are evil now.

Spoiler:
Liu Kang and Kitana are still revenants and become the rulers of the Netherrealm at the end of MKX story

Good:

1 Liu Kang (mentor)
2 Kung Lao (mentor)
3 Kenshi (mentor)
8 Kitana (mentor)

Neutral:

Evil:

20 Raiden (goes nuts)
27 Ermac (serves Kahn)

BOSS:

Get rid of Mileena, Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn and I'd be all for this. That's quite a nice roster.

Let's move on from the MK9 villains please...

How would you make Shao Kahn look?

you mean looks only? not sure, he'd definitely keep the hammer and the skull helmet but he could use a visual overhaul for sure

[MENTION=5502]ninja[/MENTION] 2 of the characters you mentioned in that "good" list are evil now.

ah didn't know that. that's a nice twist, I guess something could turn them back to good though somehow. especially the lady, she can take a mentor's role now

Get rid of Mileena, Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn and I'd be all for this. That's quite a nice roster.

Let's move on from the MK9 villains please...

realistically Mileena won't be left out and I also suspect they will bring back Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn. I expressed in other topics how they haven't found their way to create a brand new BOSS character like Kahn, someone you actually fear, who is truly EVIL and brutal and intimidating. I'd be ok with an Onaga overhaul too, he is hulky and scary enough to be boss as well. if not, someone brand new. as for Shang Tsung, if he were left out for the next game too, I guess Shinnok could continue as the 'evil sorcerer' sub-boss, if I were to take Shang out of my list, I'd add either Kabal who would now rejoin Black Dragon and be evil with schemes perhaps to overthrow Tremor from leadership or Frost as a brand new lin kuei recruit, trying perhaps to manipulate Cyrax to overthrow Subzero in the Lin Kuei. I'd keep Smoke loyal to Subzero though

realistically Mileena won't be left out and I also suspect they will bring back Shang Tsung and Shao Kahn. I expressed in other topics how they haven't found their way to create a brand new BOSS character like Kahn, someone you actually fear, who is truly EVIL and brutal and intimidating. I'd be ok with an Onaga overhaul too, he is hulky and scary enough to be boss as well. if not, someone brand new. as for Shang Tsung, if he were left out for the next game too, I guess Shinnok could continue as the 'evil sorcerer' sub-boss, if I were to take Shang out of my list, I'd add either Kabal who would now rejoin Black Dragon and be evil with schemes perhaps to overthrow Tremor from leadership or Frost as a brand new lin kuei recruit, trying perhaps to manipulate Cyrax to overthrow Subzero in the Lin Kuei. I'd keep Smoke loyal to Subzero though

About that....

Spoiler:
Mileena dies

you mean looks only? not sure, he'd definitely keep the hammer and the skull helmet but he could use a visual overhaul for sure

ah didn't know that. that's a nice twist, I guess something could turn them back to good though somehow. especially the lady, she can take a mentor's role now

I'd love to see that. Hope Shao comes back in the next game, I'd like to see some new armor for him and possibly a different skin tone change, maybe to darker or something similar to Kabal's to symbolize the fact that he was dead...or, back from the dead.

Well I'm thinking for the next game, it'll involve the Dragon King Onaga.

For the next story, I learned that Liu & Kitana are now the new rulers of the Netherrealm. But someone from the future... their son named Zhen Kang, travels to the past to stop a tragic future that will lead to the resurrection of Onaga.

There'll be new characters. Some good and some evil.

In fact, since Shujinko could still be involved in bringing the kamidogu to Onaga, perhaps the Dragon King's "acolytes" will be the playable characters in the side of evil in preparing for his return.

Last edited:
My list keeps in mind the MKX story in its entirety, so massive end spoilers ahead:

Spoiler:
This is my dreamcanon/fanfiction for MK11:

1. Scorpion
2. Sub-Zero
3. Raiden
4. Liu Kang
5. Shang Tsung
6. Kitana
7. Sindel
8. Cyrax
9. Smoke
10. Ermac
11. Rain
12. Tanya
13. Fujin
14. Frost
15. Havik
16. Hotaru
17. Cassie Cage
18. Jacqui
19. Kung Jin
20. Takeda
21. Kotal Kahn
22. Erron Black
23. Ferra/Torr
24. D'Vorah
25. New Edenian character (Mysterious Woman from Jade's MK9 ending?)
26. New Netherrealm character (maybe an Oni done right)
27. New Orderrealm character (a young Seido guardsman with doubts about Hotaru's methods)
28. New Edenian or Netherrealm character

MK11 will definitely have more characters than MKX at launch if it stays current-gen, so 28 total instead of the usual 24. Less new characters than MKX because lots of new characters was MKX's thing. NRS will build on the new generation, but there's a large foundation as is.

My wishes for the plot of MK11 is something relating to Edenia, so with that in mind... my idea is that Liu Kang and Kitana try to expand their newfound empire by merging it with other realms. Liu targets Earthrealm, believing they will be better off under his rule, while Kitana goes for her homeland. Kitana succeeds in separating Edenia from Outworld and tries to merge it with the Netherrealm. Tanya and Rain will fight her, while Ermac (Jerrod) and Sindel are stuck between helping their daughter and saving Edenia. One or two of the new characters are Edenian, including the mysterious woman from Jade's MK9 ending.

D'Vorah, being a Shinnok groupie, would assist Shinnok's replacements, and so will side with Kitana and Liu Kang. D'Vorah and Tanya rivalry can be a thing.

Because Outworld loses Edenia, Kotal Kahn gets into the fray with his goons Erron and Ferra & Torr (now with bigger roles, hopefully).

Johnny, Sonya, Jax and Kenshi have retired, but Cassie's team, along with Raiden and Fujin, fights off Liu Kang's advances on Earth. They might initially intervene in Edenia until Earth is threatened. Raiden becomes more and more desperate, to the point of causing more harm than good, and in the end is succeeded by Fujin.

Shang Tsung comes back somehow and participates in the conflict, possibly coming over to the forces of good to battle Liu, like in his MK9 ladder ending. Cyrax joins Cassie's team, as he joined the SF in the old timeline. These guys are basically here because they are hugely popular and missing two straight games would be a disservice, plus a game needs at least one sorcerer and one robot.

Hotaru and his lieutenant aid Kotal to preserve order among the realms, and because Kotal is all about keeping things on the straight and narrow. At some point, Hotaru becomes a liability.

Havik stirs the whole thing up. He suggests the idea of conquering to Liu and Kitana. He participates on every side, causing as much chaos as possible.

D'Vorah, Smoke, Sindel, Kitana and a new Netherrealm character(s) help Liu Kang.

Frost and Smoke (once he loses revenant status) flesh out Sub-Zero's storyline.

Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Ermac, Smoke, Rain, Cyrax = plenty of ninjas for the casuals.

Last edited: