What happens after MKX: Mortal Kombat 11 character Wish List

Although I would be okay with customizing characters, too many people would be making blue Reptiles and Red Scorpions and the online players would go nuts over it and say thats why they lost. like " oh I only lost because I thought that was Sub-Zero not Reptile. waah waah".
Customizations also open the door for people to create...ahem *coughcoughcough*...Toy Factory Accident Who Shall Not Be Named.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

I'd rather have the Mini-Games of MKD and MKA than that Kreate-a-Bullshit anyway.
^
^
THIS. YES!!!!
I'd love to see some form of mini-game return in the next MK.

I lost count of how many times I booted up MKD and MKA just for Puzzle Kombat and Motor Kombat with friends when we'd do a game night.
I still fire up MKD and MKA to play those mini-games from time to time on game nights when my cousins and friends come over, if we aren't already thinking about playing Quiplash, Drawful, Bidiots, Fibbage or Card Against Humanity.

I'd like to rather see mini games as well. But knowing the pattern and seeing what they're doing in Injustice 2 with the gear, you can put 2+2 together to realize that bringing back KAF for the next MK would make perfect sense. And it could be very good. Much more advanced than in MKA. But I still probably wouldn't want it. Also, even though there's about time for mini games and Konquest to return, I'm not sure how compatible would they be with the darker tone. We'll see.

But knowing the pattern and seeing what they're doing in Injustice 2 with the gear, you can put 2+2 together to realize that bringing back KAF for the next MK would make perfect sense. And it could be very good. Much more advanced than in MKA.

As I said before, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing twice and expecting different results.

Instead of minigames and create autistic fighter/fatality they should just make SM type of game. Or something like MKD Conquest with loads of explanation and lore. Really not feeling 1v1 fighters at this point, and the story mode kinda got stale. Cutscene, fight, QTE (f uck this), cutscene...For minigames you have those mobile games.

Last edited:
The only reason I don't want another adventure game is that I know that the characters that are playable will be some I don't care for. Then rather have a fighting game where there are characters in I WANT to play as.

That happens with every fighting game too, though.
People will always complain (myself included) that __________ characters didn't make the cut.
Just look at MKX.
Some people were pissed that Cyrax (initially), Smoke (initially), Sektor (initially), Kabal, Sindel, Baraka, Rain, Noob Saibot and Jade didn't make it in.
I was a bit annoyed that Fujin didn't make the cut.
Fighting games aren't always going to please the fans of all the characters all the time, and it's likely to happen when these franchises evolve.
My favorite characters to use in MK9 were Rain and Nightwolf (as Sub-Zero's Ground Ice got nerfed to hell, as did the character in general), but in MKX I picked up Ronin Takeda and Shotgun Jacqui, as well.

I wouldn't mind something like MKD. I know they have their limitations, but I can't get immersed in the story for MKX when a majority of the characters who should be around for the story just disappear from the face of the Realms. A list of them include:
-Daegon (Never explained where he is)
-Jade (She was a revenant and is nowhere)
-Nitara (Where the crap is she?)
-Noob Saibot (I believe I remember hearing that he's confirmed not dead, so where is he?)
-Nightwolf (He was around for literally one clip and disappeared)
-Kia & Jataaka (Where the crap are they?)
-Sheeva (Even if she is in the comics, where the crap is she during the civil war?)
-Jarek, No Face, Tasia (Again, in the comics but Kano neither mentions them not appears with them. Where are they?)
-Khameleon (Shao Kahn is dead so there's no reason for her to hide anymore, where is she?)
-Hotaru (He is literally in Outworld at this point in the story. His meeting and agreement with Shujinko was prior to the first tournament. Where is he?)
-Ashrah (She's under Quan Chi's control again or working towards escaping, where is she?)
-Kira (Kobra's confirmed dead, but she's not. Plus, if Kobra is in the Black Dragon, then so is she. Where is she?)

At least they addressed the fact that Fujin was suppose to appear during Jax's chapter but got cut due to time constraints, but there was a 25 year jump. 25 YEARS! There's no way that for 25 years, all of these people have literally been standing around twiddling their thumbs with nothing to do. If they explain in the next game what happened during that jump like they did with MKD, fine. But I'd rather they do a story mode similar to MKD that can atleast explain where these characters are and why they weren't around during MKX.

Y'know.
I really wouldn't mind if they did this next, to take a break from fighting game after fighting game.

At its core it's still going to be a fighting game. That's what MK is about. But it's funny how with a universe as big as MK, we barely got games or material that focused on its lore. MKX comics were so-so, the movies/webseries always have a tendency of "creative freedom", some retarded agenda pushing and basically disregard everything that has been set to stone for a quick buck. A video game that focuses on this would be perfect. I also imagine that NRS burned themselves out too with doing the same thing for the last ¬10 years.

I mean f uck, the Edenians alone are 10,000 years old. The hell were they doing all this time? Same with Shao Kahn and his conquest. Barely any information. No concrete information about how Scorpion's clan came to be. Did Goro simply steamroll through all the previous tournaments and kill every participant? The entire Demi God/Fallen God/God quarrel barely had any coverage either. List goes on and on. Even if they feel like going forward with their story it still can work just fine.

Besides, imagine the DLC WB can unload on us all from their rotten Nether Realms (regions..whatever). With a brand as strong as MK, this simply cannot go wrong.

I can easier find a favourite amongst a big roster than in a game where you have to pick one of the two most popular characters of the franchise, neither of which I am interested in.

Well, WB would be stupid NOT to make spinoff adventure MK spinoffs, especially one that involves their equivalent of Ryu and Ken.

At its core it's still going to be a fighting game. That's what MK is about. But it's funny how with a universe as big as MK, we barely got games or material that focused on its lore. MKX comics were so-so, the movies/webseries always have a tendency of "creative freedom", some retarded agenda pushing and basically disregard everything that has been set to stone for a quick buck. A video game that focuses on this would be perfect. I also imagine that NRS burned themselves out too with doing the same thing for the last ¬10 years.

I mean f uck, the Edenians alone are 10,000 years old. The hell were they doing all this time? Same with Shao Kahn and his conquest. Barely any information. No concrete information about how Scorpion's clan came to be. Did Goro simply steamroll through all the previous tournaments and kill every participant? The entire Demi God/Fallen God/God quarrel barely had any coverage either. List goes on and on. Even if they feel like going forward with their story it still can work just fine.

Besides, imagine the DLC WB can unload on us all from their rotten Nether Realms (regions..whatever). With a brand as strong as MK, this simply cannot go wrong.

I know, but I meant take a break from "fighting game after fighting game" as in MK9, Injustice, MKX, Injustice 2, etc, etc, etc........
At its core, Shaolin Monks and Mythologies were fighting games but rather more of a fighting / action-adventure, which is what I'm agreeing with you on.
I'd like to see another SM type game.

SM with Jade and Kitana. Let me guess, one has a fatality that shoves a pole up someone's shitty ass?
laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

Scorpion and Sub-Zero would work with SM because they're the most popular MK characters. Besides, Midway already were developing a game just like that before. So the concept definitely works. Also SM had versus mode so who's there to say you won't find your favorite character in a roster? It'll be smaller than a regular fighter but that's not a bad thing.

Last edited:
And besides, "Mortal Kombat" is simply a kode word for "The Scorpion and Sub-Zero Show".

Well the absolute majority disagrees with that notion. MK3 had a big enough fallout for Midway/NRS to never leave Scorpion and masked Sub-Zero out of their games. You ask any dork on the street about MK, chances are the first words are going to be "Scorpion and Sub-Zero".

And by "The Scorpion and Sub-Zero Show", I specifically mean "The Scorpion and Sub-Zero Show starring Hanzo Hasashi and Kuai Liang."

I'm not saying they should leave them out of the games. But if they are the only playable characters, I'm not gonna buy it. If there are other, more interesting characters to play as (which most of the other characters are), then I'm good though.

I wouldn't complain if they weren't in the games though, but I know that's not gonna happen.