Shaolin Trailer + Bo rai cho

im confused..
the evil kung lao - does that take up another character spot?
or is it just another skin?
or another variation?

somebody help me out here?

Likely just a story mode revenant skin or alt skin.
The same for Liu Kang.
Since they're evil now, you probably fight against them as revenants in story mode, and the Liu Kang costume with long hair where he does the Fatality on Raiden is probably his default MKX skin.
You can see the same costume on Liu Kang, when he does the X-Ray on Ermac.

I DO know that Quan Chi, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Jax, Kano and Sonya have Klassic skins that come with Tanya and Tremor.

It is? Why? There's no reason to believe that there is a third row as it would mean quite a few unrevealed characters. Unless Rain, Baraka and co. are really playable and we had the wrong impression that they were NPCs - and I would love that. It would be awesome.

As for Kung Lao, it's an alternate costume like everyone else who was dead. By the way, so much for those who say that NRS can't do anything with the MKDA-MKA characters... Bo Rai Cho looks like a serious character here. It's just a matter of putting some effort.

of course theres gonna be a third row.
where else they guna put the dlc characters? theres no room as the sides for a pop out screen like mk9

and yeh i totally agree with that whole effort thing.

Shang Tsung's MK9 ending may indeed end up being partially true, IMO.

Maybe Raiden asks for Bo Rai Cho's help to train the other warriors (not necessarily Shang Tsung), to try to stop / free Liu Kang from being under Quan Chi's control.

ok well coming from someone who is not a liu kang fan, his design is good but his netherrealm attire (makes him more interesting to me) is sooo much better!

I still would prefer if he had a was in just the story instead of being a playable character but i guess ill just have to live with that!

Few things i noticed:
Bo Rai Cho seemed to lose some weight

Tarkatan Hordes have upgraded armor

Possibly Kenshi without a blindfold

Ermac's alt attire

Sub Zero having Dry humor towards Johnny Cage
Sub Zero might be trying to teach Cassie and Friends a thing or two, in his usual cold way

Liu Kang still had his Dragon Fireball vs Kitana
Liu Kang has a different Fireball as a Revenant
Was hoping for Liu Kang to have a scarred visage

Kung Lao in his revenant form, has a Different Bladed hat for what i am assuming is his Buzzsaw Variant
Kung Lao looked to be Bald in his Revenant for as well

Last edited:
Because they would like you to purchase the game. No one said the anything about confirmed characters being playable from the start. They could easily reveal Liu Kang and Shinnok, but keep them as unlockable.

All it takes is 1 person who wasn't on the unconfirmed "leaked" roster, to make you look ridiculous for auto-believing.

and if it turns out to be true, you still have no proof that "leaked" roster wasn't just a educated guess.

calm down with shoving that leaked roster crap down people's throats.

"Still having visions Raiden? Can you still see the future?"

I haven't liked Liu Kang since Mortal Kombat 4...but damn that was an awesome comeback.

Didn't want him back unless he was an unplayable boss, changed my mind.

So there we have Liu Kang. Revenant and later alive again, I guess. No Fire God though. How boring, imo. Had hoped he would be at least somewhat interesting this time around.

I was never a fan of Liu Kang but he looks really great, he reminded me Thunder from Big trouble in Little China
big-trouble-in-little-china.jpg

Sub-Zero and Johnny are just hilarious, talking to each other or about
And of course Liu's remark to Raiden was perfect.

From what we have seen of Bo' Rai Cho, it looked like he is a badass fighter, but a common guy who likes to get drunk.

IMO, that would make him a serious character. You know, he kicks ass, but he likes to drink a lot.

What could make people complain is to put the drunk element above the skilled professor.

"Still having visions Raiden? Can you still see the future?"

I haven't liked Liu Kang since Mortal Kombat 4...but damn that was an awesome comeback.

Didn't want him back unless he was an unplayable boss, changed my mind.

LOL. I know. That line made me think 'Wow. Kang is really interesting again.'
I want to play him now.

But dawg T.T Tayna is even more boring and uninteresting.

Was this honestly necessary?

I deserve a gold medal for proving a lot of people wrong about f!r3 g0d ru kng.

On a serious note, since I've been trolling TRMK with that too much regarding fire god Liu Kang, seeing his trailer is the hypest I've been. I'm glad to see my favourite character of all time return to the the newest installment of Mortal Kombat. Now i'm very curious on what his role will be in this game. It looks like this "evil" Liu Kang is in the beginning of the story mode. I'm hoping he plays a big role in the story mode. If he ends up being a fire god, then I'll be salty as heck, hahaha.