Johnny Cage vs Jax...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't answer, because as I said, I keep onto my statement. It still applies - the rules of the MK universe is different than our reality and I see the special moves as an indication as to what the characters are capable of. No matter what context you try to put it, I still firmly believe this to be true.

Your statement has nothing to do with my question.

I'm not asking what you believe right now. I know what you believe right now. I'm asking what NRS would have to do to convince you that the rules of MK universe have changed.

What I take from this conversation is that for you, Mortal Kombat is and always will be as silly as Dragonball Z, and nothing short of NRS altering the gameplay would ever be able to change that.

Your statement has nothing to do with my question.

I'm not asking what you believe right now. I know what you believe right now. I'm asking what NRS would have to do to convince you that the rules of MK universe have changed.

What I take from this conversation is that for you, Mortal Kombat is and always will be as silly as Dragonball Z, and nothing short of NRS altering the gameplay would ever be able to change that.

Take whatever you want from it.

Take whatever you want from it.

You know, conversations are a lot easier if you don't assume that I'm trying to destroy everything you hold dear.

If you're sure that you're right, am I so unworthy of your time that you can't answer a very simple question? And if you're no longer sure, is the possibility of being wrong and accepting a different world view so offensive to you that you'd rather just back out of the conversation?

Have I done something to warrant such passive-aggressive responses?

I think people have to watch the Story fights in a whole different light.
For example, the Johnny vs Jax "fight" in the story could have just
been a slap for Johnny. But this is a Beat em up after all, so it looks
like they were killing each other and crushing their skulls. :)
After all we need a reason to fight in a game like this, whatever
is considered a "fight."

In a fight to the death, Johnny Cage wins. IMO.

100% This^^ /thread.

When it comes to who is a better character?

Johnny Cage is a FAR more interesting and superior character. His story and backstory, personality, look, fighting style, and moves... Its no contest.

Jax is just lame as f***. Personality of a rock. Feels like like a generic filler character. Out of all the old school MK1 and MK2 cast members, Jax is easily the "jobber" of the bunch.

Mortal Kombat has a history of including hardly any black characters unfortunately. Its BS. In the old days Jax was the only option for a black character. Thats why people got so attached to an otherwise garbage character. If you make Johnny Cage black, hed stay awesome and keep the same popularity. Make Jax white, everyone would realize his lameness and his fanbase would be gone.

As in who would win in a fight in terms of the story?

Obviously, Johnny would eat that jobber Jax alive.

He's one of the worst characters of the first trilogy along with Stryker, Sheeva, Sindel, Sonya and a bunch more, but not the entire series.

Am I the only one who voted on a character I don't even like? Are everyone else just voting for the one they prefer over the other?

Nope! There might be more than these:

Johnny is the better character. But I think Jax would win in a fight.

Cage is a better character. Jax would beat his ass though.

this.

///////////////////

I admire both characters but I lean more towards Jax character-wise.

For a fighter I go with Johnny Cage. He's Earthrealm's new champion.

But blind fanwank certainly gets frustrating.

Of the MK1 and MK2 casts, absolutely.

Ever? No way. Many waaaaay worse ones out there

My hate for him wasn´t so big... He was never between my faves but now, seeing all this love he got and all the spots he stole I simply can´t feel good with his inclusion... He gets the same love as Scorpion from NRS and that is clearly wrong, so I want him dead forever, and I would rather not seeing him again!!!!
Besides Johnny is thousand times better....

Well, even blind people needs release from time to time. ;)

I severely doubt that Jax is as loved as Scorpion is, just because they included him in the game.

Look, he´s been in almost every MK game, like Scorpion... He got like 5 new suits, he got a child and he still got a place.... He got an own game.... Nor even scorpion has an own game... I mean, Jax is NRS b@tch and Scorpion is Ed´s b@tch....

He got an own game.... Nor even scorpion has an own game...

Are you really going to count that atrocious game as part of the "Jax love"?
Come on, dp... I think your hatred is rather misguided.

I agree, Jax being in MKX is unnecessary, imo. But the whole blaming NRS and Ed for humping him like a goat? That's borderline overzealous.

Are you really going to count that atrocious game as part of the "Jax love"?
Come on, dp... I think your hatred is rather misguided.

I agree, Jax being in MKX is unnecessary, imo. But the whole blaming NRS and Ed for humping him like a goat? That's borderline overzealous.

Don´t know... I can´t really think clear when it comes to Jax!!! he´s the worst and I cannot overcome this!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.