What's your favorite fatality (from any game)?

MKXGoon101

I'd say mine would have to be Sub Zeros from MK9 (the second in the video)

Sorry if this has been posted before, was just curious.

Quan Chi's Leg Rip (MK4)

Very, very brutal one. The best part is the opponent doesn't even die on screen. You just assume they die after the beating by the sound of their grunts.

Last edited:
I think D'Vorah has a creative fatality. Her's probably appeals to me the most, but I'm sure Tanya's will top it. ;D

I dunno why, but Mileena's Devour fatality from MKII has always been my favorite. I think it's just because I was 6 and it was the first one I saw.

That new Ermac fatality is definitely going to take the cake. But I really like the one where Johnny Cage shoves the statue in his enemies head. Also Sektors scarecrow fatality in MK9 is just great while you watch it, you think one thing is happening, but really it's something completely different. Quan Chi's fatality where he rips off his opponents leg and then beats them with it is aclassic, so brutal, but also kind of fun.

The one in MK3. Where cyber smoke blows up the whole world: classic. Finally Cassie Cages brutality where she punches someone in the groin and their head pops off.... Fantastic!

My top three are Sektor's scarecrow, Noob's Make-a-Wish, and Kung Lao's one where he drags the opponent across his spinning hat.

I also think Quan Chi's are always brutal. The new one in MKX looks pretty sick.

Liu kangs from Shaolin monks. He uppercuts the enemies head off, rolls away, then scissor kicks their head into their body to make it explode

Sub Zero's classic spine rip has been my favorite since MK1. All variations throughout the years as well. I wouldn't mind if he had it in every game. I was even a little salty when Scorpion borrowed it.

Factoring in Nostalgia: Sub Zero MK1 Spine Rip

It was the fatality that started it all. So much controversy at the time.

Taking Nostalgia out of the equation:

Noob - Make a Wish from MK9

Runners up:

Johnny Cage - Torso Rip (MKII)
Kung Lao - Slice Down the Middle (MKII)

Pre-MK9, it was Kung Lao's Vertical Slice Fatality from MKII.

Now I think it's probably Ermac's new one where he pulls the loser's organs out of their mouth. Probably the grossest thing I've ever seen.