lets discuss Jax's relationship with his family!

GOTCHA!

A few sub topics:
Briggs_Fam.jpg
The developers said Jacqui and Jax relationship in MKX is going through a ruff patch. What do you think is the reason for this?

Jaxmama.png
who the hell is Jax's baby mama, lol? Ruby?

this is from an online gaming site that played the game earlier this month.
-
*New gameplay impression of Jacqui Briggs*

"Although her family tried to discourage her from joining the military, Jacqui was determined to follow in her father's footsteps by becoming a member of the special ops team. While she lacks her father's cybernetic arms, she is set to become a heavy hitter. Jacqui makes for a perfect counterpart to Cassie by relying on a few slow but devastating moves, as opposed to Cassie's combination of fast strikes. She may actually be a bigger threat than her dad, since she moves a little faster and has more agility than Jax. The metal arms motif isn't abandoned entirely, as there is a variation where she arms herself with a pair of robotic gauntlets .

--
i get the impression that she lives in her dads shadow and wants to make her own mark on the world. and will do whatever it takes to do just that.

I love the fact that you tied in Ruby to this, lol. I do, however, think someone else is Jacqui's mother. They probably won't even devote any explanation to it, unfortunately. I always wanted it to be either Sonya or Jade. We know Sonya's not her and Jade's dead so she probably didn't have anything to do with Jacqui's birth either so I'm not sure who it could be. Would they really introduce Ruby after making Skarlet a real character? I doubt it, which sucks...but we can hope! :)

I think Jax and Jacqui probably have a strained relationship because Jax didn't want Jacqui following in his footsteps. I think we, as men, never want our children put in harm's way and that goes especially for those of us with little girls. The moment you hold your baby girl in your arms for the first time, you have an instinct that tells you to steer them away from trouble and always protect them the best you can no matter what. There will come a time, though, when you have to realize they aren't babies anymore and can make their own choices. Jax, having to accept that, was probably reluctant to teach Jacqui how to practice Muay Thai/kickboxing because he wanted her to do something more safe with her life.

this is from an online gaming site that played the game earlier this month.
-
*New gameplay impression of Jacqui Briggs*

"Although her family tried to discourage her from joining the military, Jacqui was determined to follow in her father's footsteps by becoming a member of the special ops team. While she lacks her father's cybernetic arms, she is set to become a heavy hitter. Jacqui makes for a perfect counterpart to Cassie by relying on a few slow but devastating moves, as opposed to Cassie's combination of fast strikes. She may actually be a bigger threat than her dad, since she moves a little faster and has more agility than Jax. The metal arms motif isn't abandoned entirely, as there is a variation where she arms herself with a pair of robotic gauntlets .

--
i get the impression that she lives in her dads shadow and wants to make her own mark on the world. and will do whatever it takes to do just that.

Wait, so every variation doesn't have those gauntlets in them? And why is her relationship with her pops such a major part of her story and not her mom? Its seems they got the daddy little girl type of relationship going on.

this is an assumption on my part so it could be comsmetic only but look at her gauntlets....
looks like depending on her variation, Jacqui changes her gauntlets(which i assume does something different.)
Flamethrower
Shotgun , gun shot,
enhanced strength maybe?PJhoSxU.jpgKpsrmTF.jpg

what do u think?

First off I'll start by saying Jacqui is the absolute best addition as a new character imo.
and for the topic,
I have a feeling it'll be one of those similiar to kenshi. 'I have a daughter I never knew I had until a few years ago'
Or maybe they're just incredibly shady. who knows. Just my take.

this is an assumption on my part so it could be comsmetic only but look at her gauntlets....
looks like depending on her variation, Jacqui changes her gauntlets(which i assume does something different.)
Flamethrower
Shotgun , gun shot,
enhanced strength maybe?View attachment 7973View attachment 7974

what do u think?

Beside changing the projectile properties on them, I assumed, at first, her gauntlets would give her buffs like Batgirl trait were in one variation her strings do more chip or more damage on hit. Something like that. But since JC seems to have something similar to this ability in one of his variations, I really have no idea. Has it even been confirmed that she wears the gauntlets in every variation yet? Isn't there a tiny frame were she wears goggles or something in the story mode trailer?

I love the fact that you tied in Ruby to this, lol. I do, however, think someone else is Jacqui's mother. They probably won't even devote any explanation to it, unfortunately. I always wanted it to be either Sonya or Jade. We know Sonya's not her and Jade's dead so she probably didn't have anything to do with Jacqui's birth either so I'm not sure who it could be. Would they really introduce Ruby after making Skarlet a real character? I doubt it, which sucks...but we can hope! :)
I am just super curious why she hasn't been mention at all yet because if she really isn't important than why not mention her. The comic book is mad funny about it too; Jacqui only mentions Jax being worried about her, and Sonya&Cage make no effort in telling Jax that his daughter has been captured by the black dragon which makes me wonder wtf Jax is doing lol. Anyway, It would put a smile on my face if it was Ruby or Gemini from SF.

I am just super curious why she hasn't been mention at all yet because if she really isn't important than why not mention her. The comic book is mad funny about it too; Jacqui only mentions Jax being worried about her, and Sonya&Cage make no effort in telling Jax that his daughter has been captured by the black dragon which makes me wonder wtf Jax is doing lol. Anyway, It would put a smile on my face if it was Ruby or Gemini from SF.

I know, right?

But, who the heck is Gemini? Can't say I've ever heard of her...is she from the game Tremor debuted in?

I know, right?

But, who the heck is Gemini? Can't say I've ever heard of her...is she from the game Tremor debuted in?

Gemini was Jax Briggs' base operative during Mortal Kombat: Special Forces, relaying information and messages to him from Special Forces headquarters. The two share a friendship, and Gemini worries excessively about Jax, indicating a possible romantic interest on her side. Operating over radio only, she is never seen in-game.

She is heard once again in Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks, still in radio contact with Jax.

Gemini was Jax Briggs' base operative during Mortal Kombat: Special Forces, relaying information and messages to him from Special Forces headquarters. The two share a friendship, and Gemini worries excessively about Jax, indicating a possible romantic interest on her side. Operating over radio only, she is never seen in-game.

She is heard once again in Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks, still in radio contact with Jax.

Oh, alright. She's a real mystery type then, eh? Given this new information, I'd guess she's probably the mother of Jacqui. I wonder if they'll show her this time around, considering there's such a heavy Special Forces influence on the game. What do you think?

Also, did you hear about this "Farmer Jax" skin?

I hope she doesn't have those gauntlets in every variation. It's the only thing I don't like about her.

Oh, alright. She's a real mystery type then, eh? Given this new information, I'd guess she's probably the mother of Jacqui. I wonder if they'll show her this time around, considering there's such a heavy Special Forces influence on the game. What do you think?
Its possible, but at the same time if Gemini was Jacqui mother why not just mention it already, especially in the comics. Keeping it as some sort of surprise is kinda pointless since only a few would get the reference.

Also, did you hear about this "Farmer Jax" skin?
Yeah, I have no idea what NRS intentions were for creating that skin though. Possibly for fun or maybe he becomes a farmer at some point in the story lol.

In the comic, you can clearly see Jax training with Jacquie. My guess is that Jacquie's mom is probably dead or hell, she could be alive. Maybe Jax is married now.

"Although her family tried to discourage her from joining the military, Jacqui was determined to follow in her father's footsteps by becoming a member of the special ops team.

Makes perfect sense. Jax is resurrected, sees what a mess the MK franchise has made of his life, and decides to retire and start a family. He doesn't want Jacqui to follow in his footsteps because he knows the sort of crazy shit that's out there, and doesn't want her to get hurt (or worse) like he did. She does it anyway. Drama ensues.

I don't think there's any mystery about the babymama. She's a civilian - either dead, or divorced, or simply not relevant enough to bring up.