Passing the torch isn't the theme, extinguishing it is.

I expect that Mileena & Kitana return for MK11. They don't age (physically), so I don't see why they shouldn't.
Of course a Mileena fan would say that, though I have a feeling Mileena is going to die a brutal (hentai scene) death, im just preparing you son.
There's a huge chance MK11 is going to introduce even more new characters, so MKX is just a warmup and not to slap us all right in the face with only new characters.

Of course a Mileena fan would say that, though I have a feeling Mileena is going to die a brutal (hentai scene) death, im just preparing you son.
There's a huge chance MK11 is going to introduce even more new characters, so MKX is just a warmup and not to slap us all right in the face with only new characters.

Dude, you're still salty about Cyrax not being in MKX. :laugh:

Who the hell buys a fighting game for the story? LMAO.

Mortal Kombat is a franchise that's had a focus on the story since day one. It might be inconsistent and there's been some odd choices now and then, but the story is very much a big part of the franchise. It's not Final Fantasy, but it's definately there, and the story part has become an even larger part of the franchise since MKvsDCU where they started making cinematic story modes. It's one of the things that makes Mortal Kombat different from other fighting games.

Yeah I know but just one thing, not the only rseason to buy like the guy from the previous page was saying.

I feel bad that Ferra/Torr have virtually almost no fans and that this most likely will be their only game because the character itself was an interesting concept.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

I feel bad that Ferra/Torr have virtually no fans and that this most likely will be their only game because the character itself was an interesting concept.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

There's been no focus on them other than in the very first trailer. In the comics they're not doing anything, they're just there. The only gameplay we've seen with them is in sporadic moments when OTHER characters were in the spotlight.

They're just jobbers who are meant to be killed, as it would seem.

Can't people buy the game for whatever reason they want?

Yes they can. I'm just tired of people going like "I don't like this and that, this is shit, fix itor I won't buy it NRS". I'm tired of that shit.

That was the whole point of what I was saying. You can buy the game for whatever reason you want, you are in your right to do so, just stop bullshiting NRS for the lamest reasons and "threaten" about not buying the game at every turn.

Do you get my point now?

Yes they can. I'm just tired of people going like "I don't like this and that, this is shit, fix itor I won't buy it NRS". I'm tired of that shit.

That was the whole point of what I was saying. You can buy the game for whatever reason you want, you are in your right to do so, just stop bullshiting NRS for the lamest reasons and "threaten" about not buying the game at every turn.

Do you get my point now?

Nope.

You aren't a freaking NR employee. I'm not tweeting Ed Boon making freaking demands. I'm just having my say. On a message board. God forbid.

The main thing that sold me on the last MK after sitting out MK vs. DC and being incredibly underwhelmed by Armageddon after actually liking Deception a good deal, was the inclusion of what reviewers I trusted said was a great story mode. MK is the only fighting game I play. I don't buy any "online based" games like Evolve, Left 4 Dead etc which don't feature a single player story mode worth going out of your way for. I've played a whopping 14 matches of MK9 online. I won 0 of them. Yet I could tell you anything about most MK games in terms of story. It's why I love MK.

As for the not buying a game due to port issues, look at Shadows of Mordor. WB has a track record.

Do you get my point now?

People threatening not to buy the game for whatever reason... they're not relevant. It's not constructive. Sure, if they see a problem with the game, something they'd wish was better or different, it's completely alright to share their concerns to people. But to go "CHANGE THIS OR ELSE!!!"... it's not really a threat. So what if they don't buy the game? Why care? NRS aren't going to lose money because of them.

It's a plus and one of the reasons but not the only one.

IMO it's a reason to buy one.

You know, I love MK and, if there were no story, I would surely buy it when I eventually purchase a PS4, but just eventually.

But I really wanna play this story. So I'm not delaying PS4.

One of the first reasons MK is different from ANY other fighting game is story. It has always been there. It's not just a fighting game, it's a fighting game throughout a 20 years franchise of deep lore.

I'm not even sure if there were no story if we would have so amazing characters for gameplay.

So, it makes absolute difference to me, that's why i can say I'm buying it for the story.

Who the hell buys a fighting game for the story? LMAO.

I surely do!

I enjoy some fighting game here and there, but if I never played another fighting game I don't know if I would miss it. Mortal Kombat, on the other hand, has more than the fighting to it and I would miss it. The characters, the places and the overall story is what sells it to me, it's what made me care about it in the first place and it's what makes me still follow the series. I don't remember the last time I played a Street Fighter game - and I can't say that I care.

I surely do!

I enjoy some fighting game here and there, but if I never played another fighting game I don't know if I would miss it. Mortal Kombat, on the other hand, has more than the fighting to it and I would miss it. The characters, the places and the overall story is what sells it to me, it's what made me care about it in the first place and it's what makes me still follow the series. I don't remember the last time I played a Street Fighter game - and I can't say that I care.

Perfect. Story is life to Mortal Kombat.

I play MK and fighting games in general for the story, endings and unlockables. I wouldn't think of playing MK competitively.