Tanya's Gameplay speculation thread - Special Moves and Variations

I suspect 1 variation will be dedicated to the Kobu Jutsu, another more than likely to do with her fireballs and I'm not sure about the last one. Possibly a more gymnastic variation with flip kicks, grabs and sweeps. I would love if they had played on the element of magic since she is an Edenian. Would love the fireballs to be like energy balls instead of fire though.

I agree with the poster who said about Tanya using the Kobu Jutsu for the sake of having a weapon. She doesn't strike me as someone who needs one, but for the sake of Deception I see why they kept it on.

I suspect 1 variation will be dedicated to the Kobu Jutsu, another more than likely to do with her fireballs and I'm not sure about the last one. Possibly a more gymnastic variation with flip kicks, grabs and sweeps. I would love if they had played on the element of magic since she is an Edenian. Would love the fireballs to be like energy balls instead of fire though.

I agree with the poster who said about Tanya using the Kobu Jutsu for the sake of having a weapon. She doesn't strike me as someone who needs one, but for the sake of Deception I see why they kept it on.

When Tanya first appeared, she had none of the stuff she has now.
She had purple fireballs, a drill kick, and a bunch of unique moves.
I really hope they at least make her fireball purple, for old times sake.

Over at MKO someone turned up a 'Fire Goddess' variation for Tanya in the (patched?) PC version code.

Obviously this is still the old model, but it looks very cool to me! A sort of tribal tattoo visual.

fire goddess tanya 1.jpgfire goddess tanya 2.jpg

Over at MKO someone turned up a 'Fire Goddess' variation for Tanya in the (patched?) PC version code.

Obviously this is still the old model, but it looks very cool to me! A sort of tribal tattoo visual.

View attachment 8408View attachment 8409

Repost:

Excuse me while I am fangirl squeeing...

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Okay, I'm done. Hah, awesome, "Fire Goddess", eh? Well, that will get to some Tanya fans heads. XD
"SHE'S A GODDESS!!!"
Dangerous move, NRS. XD

Awesome tats though. However, they don't look purple, so the hope of her having purple flames seems to be in vain.

Repost:

Excuse me while I am fangirl squeeing...

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Okay, I'm done. Hah, awesome, "Fire Goddess", eh? Well, that will get to some Tanya fans heads. XD
"SHE'S A GODDESS!!!"
Dangerous move, NRS. XD

Awesome tats though. However, they don't look purple, so the hope of her having purple flames seems to be in vain.

Yeah, I think she's going to have standard fire like in Deception. I don't mind. It looks awesome.

You're nice. But we disagree on so much! XD

I'd prefer the purple as well! But I'm fine with this, she looks great. I'm not that surprised because the Deception version is where a lot of her fandom came from.

Maybe she'll have a purple energy attack as one of her universals? I figure the drill kick is a universal for sure.

I'd prefer the purple as well! But I'm fine with this, she looks great. I'm not that surprised because the Deception version is where a lot of her fandom came from.

Maybe she'll have a purple energy attack as one of her universals? I figure the drill kick is a universal for sure.

Yeah, I guess I'll have to wait before we see her gameplay to actually judge it. Just wanted for her to be a bit more unique and different. Other characters, like Scorpion and Liu Kang, already have normal flames. At least making them purple would be a step away from that. ^^

Yeah, I guess I'll have to wait before we see her gameplay to actually judge it. Just wanted for her to be a bit more unique and different. Other characters, like Scorpion and Liu Kang, already have normal flames. At least making them purple would be a step away from that. ^^

I get you. I think she's different enough from Scorpion that she won't get Frost Syndrome, though. But I'm actually glad to see that there's a specific fire variation, because it makes me think the other variations will do other stuff. Kobu Jutsu and Sorceress? I hope she doesn't have a useless invisibility variation like Reptile.

I get you. I think she's different enough from Scorpion that she won't get Frost Syndrome, though. But I'm actually glad to see that there's a specific fire variation, because it makes me think the other variations will do other stuff. Kobu Jutsu and Sorceress? I hope she doesn't have a useless invisibility variation like Reptile.

Yeah, now that the invisibility is the main part of one of Reptile's Variations, I wouldn't want Tanya to have it as well. No need to copy/pasting other characters' specials.

... Which NRS more or less did with Kung Jin. He has Tanya's flip kick. :/

Yeah, now that the invisibility is the main part of one of Reptile's Variations, I wouldn't want Tanya to have it as well. No need to copy/pasting other characters' specials.

... Which NRS more or less did with Kung Jin. He has Tanya's flip kick. :/

They gave it to her too, at least, in the NPC version.

I wouldn't mind if she had the invisibility again as a universal, but I wouldn't want her to have a whole variation about it. Reptile's is so pointless.

They gave it to her too, at least, in the NPC version.

I wouldn't mind if she had the invisibility again as a universal, but I wouldn't want her to have a whole variation about it. Reptile's is so pointless.

The invisibility kinda worked in the 3D era, because it was easier to confuse your oppenent due to the 8-way movement. Never really liked it in 2D fighters though.

But yeah, as for the flip kick, Tanya will most likely have it... as she should, as it is her special move! As well as the corkscrew kick. One of the main reasons I like her, always loved that move (also one of the reasons Cammy from Street Fighter is my favourite SF character. ;P ).

But yeah, as for the flip kick, Tanya will most likely have it... as she should, as it is her special move! As well as the corkscrew kick. One of the main reasons I like her, always loved that move (also one of the reasons Cammy from Street Fighter is my favourite SF character. ;P ).

She should have her cannon drill back. I'd much rather her keep that move than take Kung Jin's existing move.

View attachment 8408View attachment 8409

Bruh!
This looks amazing!
Woah, I can't believe that. This looks so sexy and demonic but also so desiring.
Fire goddess, huh? Guess we are just sticking with generic fire powers. That's alright. I'm not complainin'!

She should have her cannon drill back. I'd much rather her keep that move than take Kung Jin's existing move.

I'd prefer if she had both, but yeah, if not the flip kick, then at least something cool to replace it. I've always wanted someone in MK to have a handstand spin kick, like Orchid's Flick Flack (Killer Instinct) or Chun Li's Spinning Bird Kick (Street Fighter). Like this:

chunny-ts-birdkick.gif

Also, Ayane (Dead or Alive), Psylocke (X-Men: Next Dimension) and Chun Li also share a cool anti-air kick where they spin upwards, kinda like this:

chun-mvc-antiair2.gif

I also noticed they gave Tanya a backflip kick in Story Mode. Wouldn't mind if she kept that either.

2 things

1) Does it look like Tanya still has Kitana's stance in those pictures, or is it just me?
2) Someone on MKO said about you could see faint tattoo's on Tanya in storymode? I haven't played story, so can anyone confirm?

2 things

1) Does it look like Tanya still has Kitana's stance in those pictures, or is it just me?
2) Someone on MKO said about you could see faint tattoo's on Tanya in storymode? I haven't played story, so can anyone confirm?

1. It's actually slightly different -- note the outstretched arm has a closed fist. I'm sure they're still working on it.
2. Nope. I'm watching gameplay footage now to double-check and I don't see them.