Story Mode = One fight fixes everything?

I don't understand all the shock when someone doesn't enjoy/plays a very popular game.

I also sort of played both titles mentioned and couldn't find myself bothered to keep playing it. It just... didn't interest me, and I really like long games with deep story and the possibility of picking lines and stuff like that. Both ME and DA just didn't move me and I think that's OK.

I don't understand all the shock when someone doesn't enjoy/plays a very popular game.

I also sort of played both titles mentioned and couldn't find myself bothered to keep playing it. It just... didn't interest me, and I really like long games with deep story and the possibility of picking lines and stuff like that. Both ME and DA just didn't move me and I think that's OK.

Yes, it's OK to not have a soul.

(Patiently waits for overreaction)

*cough* *choke* *sputter*

You, sir, have missed out on some astounding games, the least accomplishment of which is to have redeemed the existence of QTEs. I urge you to rectify this situation posthaste, forthwith!

I've played both, and couldn't finish the series of either one. It's not for everyone.

Not saying people shouldn't try it. But its not some "you'll auto-like it" game.

Dragon age isnt that good IMO! Although haven't played the newest one. Looks kinda cool, just not a fan of the gameplay/camera angle.

Mass effect tho is the game you should prioritize first, like [MENTION=18661]p.W[/MENTION] said.

I quite like Mass Effect and Dragon Age. But as with all things, some like it, some don't.

Anyways, I think we've been derailing this thread long enough.

Yeah, I've never played through the Mass Effect or Dragon Age series' either, but I've had no shortage of amazing stories experienced because of my videogame hobby, so I don't feel like I've missed out on anything (and I could say the same thing about people who've played ME/DA if they've missed out on some of the games I'm talking about). I've tried both series. DA's gameplay doesn't appeal to me at all, so into the trash it goes (I don't care how good a story is - gameplay is fundamental). ME, OTOH, I enjoyed (played the ME2 demo), but I never had the time.

Yeah, I've never played through the Mass Effect or Dragon Age series' either, but I've had no shortage of amazing stories experienced because of my videogame hobby, so I don't feel like I've missed out on anything (and I could say the same thing about people who've played ME/DA if they've missed out on some of the games I'm talking about). I've tried both series. DA's gameplay doesn't appeal to me at all, so into the trash it goes (I don't care how good a story is - gameplay is fundamental). ME, OTOH, I enjoyed (played the ME2 demo), but I never had the time.

I relate to this post. It's basically the same for me, with the exception that I couldn't find myself to care about ME even when I had time. I don't miss both series, though, because I have fond memories of a lot of other games, like Greyjoy above.

It's okay. You're only missing out on the most badass milf that has ever existed.

tumblr_lton3qEuzK1qh5o1lo1_500.gif

As we can see from the difference between MK9 and Injustice, quality storytelling eats up time. Injustice had more set-up for fights, and fewer filler fights as a result, but that also meant less chapters. I don't think they'll be going back to the MK9 way of doing things now that they've done Injustice and come closer to perfecting their storytelling. If anything, I'd expect MKX to be even more cinematic. And we know the game isn't much (any?) longer than Injustice. The only way it has more fights, IMO, is if some chapters only get 3 instead of 4.

Yeah, that's true. Maaaybe we'll have more. Or maybe it's just wishful thinking.

Looking at Injustice, we got a chance to play as Joker, Lex Luthor, and Deathstroke. This actually translates perfectly into MKX - Kano is an out-and-out psychopath like Joker, Kotal Kahn is someone you'd expect to be a villain, but isn't, like alternate Lex Luthor, and Erron Black is a bad-ass mercenary who fights for the good guys... just like alternate Deathstroke.

Apart from that, Erron feels like the sort of new character NRS would want to show off with a chapter. And Kano... I find it absurd that he's the only legit Black Dragon character in the game to begin with, but if he's not even playable in a chapter, then there are literally going to be 5 guys who join Black Dragon on the game's release. There's no way. There's just no way.

I'm putting my foot down, NRS. I ain't playing around.

There's also the fact that DC characters are well established and well recognized, and in their story they decided to take these well-known characters on different directions. You said it yourself, the villains were pretty much heroes, except for the Joker.

I do hope we get some villain characters, I really really do. I don't want them to be brainless jobbers again. I'm just not sure, specially about Kano. But we'll see.

In order of likelihood, IMO: Scorpion, Johnny Cage, Sub-Zero, Kotal Kahn, Cassie Cage. Nobody else has a chance.

Yeah, I agree.

Hah, maybe they make a QTE for Scorpions redemption

Press "x" for Redemption,

jk jk, though I feel that the story would be a little bit lengthy considering the ground they have to cover

Dragon Age Origins is the best of the three and ME1 and ME2(collecting the soldiers and earning their "loyalty" are rather fun)

The QTEs were well done in Injustice. And the team will further improve on that in MKX.