Predator confirmed

Look at it this way, they are included in the Kombat Pack. Not the original roster. It would probably be cheaper for those who don't want the guests if he/she just buys the two klassic kombatants.

This.
They aren't on the original roster, like Kratos was, and (IMO) The Predator fits more in MK than Jason does because The Predator is actually a hunter / warrior.
I'm going to be getting every DLC character, whether I use them a lot or not.
MKX isn't the nostalgia game that MK9 was, and I can't get better in MKX if I skip out on characters; a mistake that I made in MK9.

We knew this game was going to have changes to MK X when the first trailer was launched. We knew that all of the kharacters would not make it back and we'd get new ones. We got special guests in MK9 so there'd be a good chance of getting some in this one. I know people are upset their favorites did not make the cut and that would piss me off too. Keeping everyone on the roster just because and giving them crappy, clone move sets, and sh!tty endings would piss us off more. All is not lost, hopefully there will be more DLC to come and you that are missing your fave Kombatant will get them through that but with crappy endings and for PvP.

The only MK4 characters that made it into MKX have been Quan Chi and Shinnok. MK11 will probably have a wider roster of post MK3 and new characters.

Not only that, but why do people assume as if the Kombat Pack is the only possible DLC for MKX?
Injustice had 6 characters for DLC.
How do we know that NRS doesn't plan to do any other DLC, aside from the Kombat Pack.
If they're planning 6 DLC characters again, then this complaining is for nothing as Tanya and Fujin could be those 2 characters.
I mean, people do request Tanya a lot on Boon's Twitter.

I'm probably in the minority, but I'm not so excited.

Reason one: I honestly expected Spawn. Spawn to me was almost a given after that McFarlane interview and that tweet where Ed said Predator's chances were just 30%. All along his tweets suggested that getting Predator in the game would be hard. Then that McFarlane interview popped up and it seemed like Spawn really had a chance. It just seemed dumb not to make use of it. Now, all of a sudden, we get Predator. So either Ed was lying all along or they suddenly made a deal with Fox.

Reason two: Predator in the game, along with he modifier, pretty much deconfirms Cyrax and very likely Sektor. And possibly Baraka. Predator can be a substitute for all three. The easy way out. Make just one character you have to pay for instead of making three that could be on the main roster. But even if they were paid DLC, which I doubt they will be, it'd still be nicer to have more MK characters. Not saying I expected Cyrax, Sektor and Baraka to be the game in the first place, despite them being available, but it does make you wonder what's really behind it.

Reason three: The Fatalities, X-Rays and moves are way too predictable. NRS are just lazy to come up with something new. Instead they'll just copy things from the movies and games. Sure, signature stuff that sells, but come on. I doubt Fox is limiting them.

Sure, Predator is probably better than Jason and he might be good, but NRS are once again putting money first. Spawn could have been a very unique character and he would also blend in better, but I guess I was expecting too much. Jason and Predator are in simply to make money. Can't wait to read their bios that will make zero sense.

Wish we had Spawn instead of Jason. With that I'd be okay.

By the way, that makes one of those leaks from last week or the week before official, no? Can't remember which one was it. Too many.

Also... The monster in the crypt is 99% an Alien/facehugger. If they can get Predator in they'd be dumb not to get as much stuff as possible.

True, but it doesn't change the fact that they are still two extremely unnecessary characters that are robbing a deserving MK character of their place on the roster. I'll be upset if Tanya isn't in the game as DLC because of Predator & Jason Voorhees.

You don't have to worry about that since hat's not how it works. No MK character is being robbed due to DLC, despite how you perceive it.

It's not like they had plans for Tanya, but then got the rights to use Predator, so they cross her off the list. Realistically, they went in with a semi-flexible list of "we know we want a guest character or two" and a bunch of characters to choose priority from. Then they were able to get both, which I'd imagine were two of their top choices, which is not only a big win for them but a major win for mainstream MK.

I'm sorry your character may not be in the game, but it won't be for any other reason than the devs a) not wanting her to be or b) she'll have her time eventually, just maybe not in MKX

Now I'm in a pickle. When I heard about Goro I was like "that's my main". Then Jason was revealed and I said "that's my main". But Predator???? I've always thought he would fit into MK the best. He comes to the MK universe to hunt the deadliest prey alive. 3 variations are so easy to make for Predator as well. I have a tough decision ahead of me indeed. :)

First Jason and now Predator...Wow. So cool.
You know what, PREDATOR will have 2 variations. Ketchup and Mustard. Cyrax and Sektor was heavily inspired by the predator anyway.

How does Spawn fit in over the Predator?
What makes people think that Tanya, the cyborgs or any Kharacter not on the roster were going to be in this game? You guys sound more like disgruntled employees than gamers. Boon said there'd be 2 special guests,( Predator and Jason) and two klassic kombatants yet to be released. Was Predator the deal breaker? Or will those that are upset still purchase the game?

How does Spawn fit in over the Predator?
What makes people think that Tanya, the cyborgs or any Kharacter not on the roster were going to be in this game? You guys sound more like disgruntled employees than gamers. Boon said there'd be 2 special guests,( Predator and Jason) and two klassic kombatants yet to be released. Was Predator the deal breaker? Or will those that are upset still purchase the game?

Predator is more of an Inspiration to MK than Spawn. And they probably went through a ton of red tape to get him in.

I'd rather Spawn over Jason if I had a say, but Predator was by far my biggest "dream guest character" for MKX.

One of his fatalities NEEDS to be based on the ending from the first movie. Reminiscent to Smoke MK3. I just hope they give him the "good Predator" in one of his variations, with the classic mask and all. Not too much armor.

Predator-predators-2010-movie-14721624-800-1200.jpg

Berserker Predator is much better and stronger.
N3Sd6YL.jpg

Predator fatalities I wish are in the game:

1) Opponent skinned and left hanging and bleeding;
2) Thermal vision and then random organs removal;
3) Plasma blast through the chest, decapitation, skull cleaning and trophy collected;
4) Self destruction and nuclearization, as a tribute to the old Smoke fatality :)

^ That's fine. I'm not passionate about the Pred series enough to care if it's original Predator, Berzerker Predator, Stuffed Crust Predator, or Vanilla Extract Predator.

I just was just saying I'd prefer to have the "welding mask" on a variation and not too much armor. I don't really care what movie it's based from (though IMO, the random jaw on the mask is a little silly to me.) Colors/look is good though.

This is fantastic news, and renews my faith in the Kombat Pack (I'm no fan of Jason).

If they can get Fujin in somewhere... awesome. :)

I just hope this is legit confirmed and not some hoax/mistaken leak, or I'll be very disappointed. I'd always wanted Predator in MKX since those original rumours. I hope Jason plays well, because as a character he is pretty shit.

This is fantastic news, and renews my faith in the Kombat Pack (I'm no fan of Jason).

If they can get Fujin in somewhere... awesome. :)

I just hope this is legit confirmed and not some hoax/mistaken leak, or I'll be very disappointed. I'd always wanted Predator in MKX since those original rumours. I hope Jason plays well, because as a character he is pretty shit.

I highly doubt WB would feed the official Xbox Store with false news. Now, whether it was supposed to be put up now is a bit of a different story...

I'm just extremely curious as to who the two other DLC characters will be. I believe that Fujin will be one of them. What about you guys?

I'm just extremely curious as to who the two other DLC characters will be. I believe that Fujin will be one of them. What about you guys?

Smoke, Baraka, or Noob make sense to me. I want Fujin in the game (am still shocked he wasn't announced in tandem with Raiden) but Klassic tells me Trilogy era until they set a precedent saying otherwise.