MKX Xbox One pre-order thread

mandead

Hey, I don't think we have one of these threads so far. If we do, I apologise, and it can be merged.

So, who has pre-ordered the game? If so, where from and which version?

Unlike the PS4 store, it seems we can't yet pre-order the game digitally, but currently I am thinking Amazon UK -- so long as the Goro pre-order bonus is confirmed there. I actually have a £20 voucher for the Microsoft Store which I got when I bought my console, so I might save it for MKX when it goes on sale there.

Initially I had considered pre-ordering the Digital Premium Edition (MKX, Kombat Pack, Goro) but I don't know when it will go on sale and I want to know who the next DLC character is before I risk spending that kind of money, as I don't really have any interest in Jason, and if the next guest character turns out to be Spawn then I just won't bother at all.

Any of you guys pre-ordered yet?

Not pre ordered yet, but will do so for XB1, Special Edition, from GAME. Only place you can get Goro AFAIK.

I've heard that, but not yet seen it confirmed. I wish there was more concrete info regarding the Goro bonus, because on Amazon (for example) it is quite ambiguous.

I considered Amazon, they have the cool Scorpion skins. But I wanna go to a midnight opening to get the game ASAP (Hoping GAME has them).

I considered Amazon, they have the cool Scorpion skins. But I wanna go to a midnight opening to get the game ASAP (Hoping GAME has them).
I don't know how GAME work these days as I've not been into one of their stores in about ten years and I've never ordered from them online, but if you pre-order from Amazon (assuming the Goro bonus applies to them also) I can pretty much guarantee you that you'll get the game either on or before the 14th. I don't think I've ever pre-ordered something from Amazon (and I'm talking free delivery here) and not had it arrive before the official release date.

Just an FYI...

Xbox One Kollector's Edition with Coarse Scorpion Statue and Skin, Kombat Pack, Certificate of Authenticity, and Goro paid off in full.

From EB Games Canada.

I don't know how GAME work these days as I've not been into one of their stores in about ten years and I've never ordered from them online, but if you pre-order from Amazon (assuming the Goro bonus applies to them also) I can pretty much guarantee you that you'll get the game either on or before the 14th. I don't think I've ever pre-ordered something from Amazon (and I'm talking free delivery here) and not had it arrive before the official release date.

Just an FYI...

Maybe I've just had a bad experience, but I ordered Sunset and Evil Within on Amazon, Sunset came 6 days after release (Complete joke, got a refund) and within 1 day later. I really don't wanna take that risk with MKX, even if that means going to crappy GAME.

Xbox One Kollector's Edition with Coarse Scorpion Statue and Skin, Kombat Pack, Certificate of Authenticity, and Goro paid off in full.

From EB Games Canada.

I keep contemplating on changing to the regular edition to save a few bucks. Metal Gear Solid V comes out in September. However, I think I like the Scorpion figure more than a half scale replica bionic arm...

Maybe I've just had a bad experience, but I ordered Sunset and Evil Within on Amazon, Sunset came 6 days after release (Complete joke, got a refund) and within 1 day later. I really don't wanna take that risk with MKX, even if that means going to crappy GAME.
Ah, fair enough. Sorry you've had some bad experiences there; I can see why it would lower your opinion of them. Funnily enough, I actually bought Injustice: Ultimate Edition from Amazon the other week (via a third party seller, which I rarely risk doing) and they sent me an NTSC copy, so I sent it back for a full refund. It was only £17 and I wasn't that bothered 'cus I was really just getting it to play something until MKX came out, but it was still annoying. Mind you, to be fair to Amazon they do send a courier to pick up returned items the next day, and so you don't have to pay any postage costs. The guy even had 100% positive feedback, so I guess it's sod's law on my part lol. Doubt it would have happened if I'd bought it straight from Amazon, but they were out of stock at the time.

I am tempted by the Digital Premium Edition (because it has the best content) depending on the price -- the Xbox One store is ridiculously expensive in the UK; you can get pretty much any game £20 cheaper by buying online -- but I'll probably just end up being a cheap bastard and buying it straight from MS Store so I can use my voucher. But then I'll end up buying Goro, some new characters and all of the skins later on, and will have saved nothing. :D

I keep contemplating on changing to the regular edition to save a few bucks. Metal Gear Solid V comes out in September. However, I think I like the Scorpion figure more than a half scale replica bionic arm...
Lol honestly man the only Special Edition I buy for any game is MK. So it's worth it for me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

[MENTION=5107]Taj Gill[/MENTION], yeah. I'll just stick with MKX. I was a fan of Scorpion longer than I was a fan of Snake.

My other reason for getting the regular edition (aside from not really caring for Scorpion) is the possibility of a Dishonored sequel announcement at Bethesda's independent conference this year.

i had both the kollectors($150) and komplete($99) editions pre ordered at gamestop..because i wasn't sure which one i wanted... but i ended up getting this sick best buy gamers club thing, so i cancelled them and preordered the $150 edition at BB... its actually a fair deal if you think about it.. the game is normally 60+the 30 bucks for the season pass...i mean with tax you're spending a hundo anyway,,, at BB you get $10 rewards card, +20% off...

so basically you get all the $150 edition stuff for another 10 bucks over the cost of the regular game/season pass, you get those+the scorp skins/statue..etc. at least, that's how i look at it.

I pre ordered MKX on PS4 after I got home from vacation which was about a week or two after the game was announced. I just recently changed it to the Kollector's Edition. Funny enough, I'm not even sure which KE it is.