Johnny Cage confirmed.

This means either Mileena or Erron Black are not playable, or Ed Boon has lied...again.

FFS, Johnny Cage's and Erron Black's split second cameos do not mean they count against the 5 reveals. Just because you're too stubborn to see sense doesn't mean Ed Boon was lying. He teases, and in this case he was being very vague while teasing, and if you choose a very literal interpretation of his words, that's your own fault.

FFS, Johnny Cage's and Erron Black's split second cameos do not mean they count against the 5 reveals. Just because you're too stubborn to see sense doesn't mean Ed Boon was lying. He teases, and in this case he was being very vague while teasing, and if you choose a very literal interpretation of his words, that's your own fault.

He clearly said "There were 5 reveals in the trailer." I don't see how it wouldn't be a lie if there were more than 5 reveals. The only three characters who were shown with Gameplay were Takeda, Jacqui, and Kung Jin. By that logic, Shinnok, Rain, Sindel, Sonya, (Li Mei?), and whoever else was in that trailer is probably also most likely playable since their appearance doesn't mean they count towards the five reveals either.

He clearly said "There were 5 reveals in the trailer." I don't see how it wouldn't be a lie if there were more than 5 reveals. The only three characters who were shown with Gameplay were Takeda, Jacqui, and Kung Jin. By that logic, Shinnok, Rain, Sindel, Sonya, (Li Mei?), and whoever else was in that trailer is probably also most likely playable since their appearance doesn't mean they count towards the five reveals either.

If I tell you that if you pause the trailer at 1:13, take a screenshot, flip it upside down, and turn up the contrast, you'll see a picture of Liu Kang... does that count as a reveal?

Really, now.

Erron Black has no speaking lines. He appears for a grand total of 2 seconds, never as the focus of the shot. Nobody talks about him. That is not a reveal. Johnny Cage's appearance is so ambiguous, we can't even be sure that it's him. We see no face, nothing. Just a guy with a unique model standing next to Raiden while Raiden takes down Shinnok. We assume it's Cage because that makes sense based on info gleaned from the comic.

Furthermore, what does "reveal" even mean? They're revealed to be on the launch roster? They're revealed to be on the roster including unlockable characters (Shinnok)? They're revealed to be on the roster including DLC (Erron Black)? They're revealed to be in the storymode?

Your interpretation of what Ed Boon said is not the only possible interpretation of what he said. It's not even the most likely. Calling him a liar based on your mistaken interpretation is, frankly, naive and self-centered.

Aww man they took the video down....What did the video show? Did it have actual gameplay?

No, it was just an interview containing just the things that are on the front page: some QTE-like things, Kenshi's in storymode, Johnny Cage is playable in the demo.

No, it was just an interview containing just the things that are on the front page: some QTE-like things, Kenshi's in storymode, Johnny Cage is playable in the demo.

Ah I see....Well that's awesome! Glad to see Johnny playable. I do wonder though with Jax and most likely Sonya playable, how are people going to respond to MKX's roster being so SF heavy?

I want to know who had their hands on this demo and how JOHNNY plays ..im going to test your might for some info..I'll let you all know if I find Somethin good

"Don't hate!"

I want to know who had their hands on this demo and how JOHNNY plays ..im going to test your might for some info..I'll let you all know if I find Somethin good
GDC is an event for devs. I don't think any gaming industry devs post on TYM and if they do they damn well won't break a potential NDA. If NRS wants us to see the first chapter, we'll see it.

I'd apologize for all the acronyms, but you're not even gonna read this because I'm on your ignore. :bunny:

GDC is an event for devs. I don't think any gaming industry devs post on TYM and if they do they damn well won't break a potential NDA. If NRS wants us to see the first chapter, we'll see it.

I'd apologize for all the acronyms, but you're not even gonna read this because I'm on your ignore. :bunny:
[MENTION=16796]ujustgotcaged[/MENTION] take Lord Greyjoy off your ignore, yo. He's useful. ;)

Video's gone, but I'm happy Cage is all but officially in (even though it was pretty much a guarantee already). I'm very rarely disappointed by an announcement. I like most MK characters. One of the reasons I love the series.

At least the nonsense about his roster chances based on Cassie's existance can now be laid to rest.

Mess, can we call this game Cage Kombat??
Not like there is also 2 Briggs' and 2 Kungs (which seem to play nothing like each other). Sonya still has Blade as her surname so she isnt a third cage.

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

Ah well, another disappointment.

As much as I hate the idea of more MK9 characters in MKX, I don't see how this was a disappointment, but rather it was expected (IMO).
Johnny Cage, Sonya, Raiden and Quan Chi are painfully obvious for MKX, due to the MK9 ending.

I don't see them truly murdering Johnny or Sonya, they had many chances in 9 to do this. They may become the guidance for the next group from what it seems. As or Jax I don't think they would bring him back just to kill him again, but I wont care and I don't like Jax. But I do think Kano will die or comeback full cyborg.

I could see that happening.
I could see them either being retired in MKX for a while or being killed.
Either way, it doesn't mean that they can't ever come back.
This is Mortal Kombat, after all, and characters die and come back all the time.
Plus, I wouldn't mind this being the swan song for a lot of klassic characters like Sonya, Johnny, Jax, Kenshi and Kung Lao, with the torch being passed to their descendants and their descendants taking up the mantle in MKX.
Again, whether that means dead or retired, I just want to see some klassic characters sitting out for 1 or 2 games, with the next generation taking over.

At least the nonsense about his roster chances based on Cassie's existance can now be laid to rest.

Agreed.
Hopefully all of the "Sonya and Johnny can't be in because Cassie is in" can now go away.
I kind of wish that Sonya and Johnny would have had more of this evidence months ago, so that it would have ended then.