Cameo's in MKX

jdnice11

So if a thread like this was already made, i apologize. But I wanted to get your guy's opinion on who you think would be making Cameo's and/or having roles in the MKX story but as NPC!

I think
Bo Rai Cho will have a part in the story but as NPC
Kabal i think will have a cameo of sorts
Sektor/Cyrax hopefully have a cameo at the least
Fujin has to have a NPC role in the story
Nightwolf would be nice to see him involved in the story

So your thoughts?

^I would rather Fujin be a playable character... hopefully he's DLC at the very least.
I'm hoping we get to see more cameo's from post MK3 characters (specifically MK4)
Would love to see Tanya and Reiko be NPC's in the story mode if they aren't playable.

I really don't care much for seeing any character pre MK4 having cameos or NPC roles considering MK9 was focused on them.
However it seems some are going to be coming back possessed in one of the chapters of story mode... that's more than enough as far as they're concerned.

I'd prefer if Sonya, Johnny and Jax were cameo NPC's, along with Li Mei (if the Asian woman in the story trailer is indeed her) and even Liu Kang. I feel no need to have any of those be playable.

I could also see Bo'Rai Cho making a cameo. He's an Outworlder with a good relationship with Earthrealm, so it would be neat to see him pop in.

Characters I want to see in MKX storymode, from most to least -

Reiko (hope he's playable)
Baraka (wouldn't mind him playable)
Fujin (large role but not playable)
Tremor (wouldn't mind him playable)
Liu Kang (boss? playable? cameo? whatever)
Sektor (fightable)
Noob Saibot (fightable)
Revenant Sindel (fightable)
Revenant Nightwolf (fightable)
Rain (fightable)
Bo'Rai Cho (not fightable)
Li Mei (not fightable; I don't want her but she's already in so whatever)

Last edited:
I feel like Fujin will likely be in the story frequently as an NPC, but then later be released as a DLC.
I am hoping that Sonya, Jax, and Johnny are just NPCs as well, but seeing Jax on the ladder sort of gives me second thoughts.
I'm hoping that Kabal is no longer mentioned ever, but that's not gonna happen.
Rain probably won't be back, but he's already in story as an NPC, so who knows?
Li Mei would be a nice addition, seeing as so far they've basically ignored everyone post UMK3 besides Quan Chi, and she was one of the only unique females of the entire franchise besides Sonya and Nitara.
Sindel will probably not be fightable, just one of the story 'beat the crap out of you' scenes near the end, like the trailer.
Liu Kang hopefully a boss, wouldn't it be funny if it was Mileena though?

I'd prefer if Sonya, Johnny and Jax were cameo NPC's.

I completely agree with this.
Looking at the trailer we already have a small band of "descendant" heroes who fall into the same category ( very linear defenders of Earthrealm) and seem to all have a important role in the story to say the least, I feel it would just be overkill with Sonya, Johnny and Jax playable too.

Johnny Cage, Sonya and Jax are only for the kombat pack. Boon said that ''Classic Mk Chahracters'' will be in.
I thought Rain is not a cameo. Reiko could be a sub-boss or boss.. Tremor could be a dlc with Forrest Fox.

I feel like nrs really drops the ball with cameos. Mk vs dc only had quan chi. Mk 9 only had hotaru, motaro, Shinnok, and they were just in the background.

I think Rain is a comeo and not on the roster. Got some people over at Mortal Kombat Online going 'Rain has to be on the roster, they wouldn't make a character model otherwise'. Cameo's are confirmed, how does one get a cameo without a model lol?

Rain was relegated to DLC for a game set in the period he comes from. I wish he was on the roster but I'm certain he's not.

Kabal & Reiko would be so awesome, but also Fujin & Noob playable would be great! It would highly disapoint me if my bud cyrax wasnt playable, I already see im not going to main Ermac as a replacement, Reptile, Kung Lao & Quan look amazing though, hopefully Takeda will be awesome to play as, still and yet again im praying for my Cyrax to be in :(

Undead Warriors:
Jade
Sindel
Stryker
Kabal
Smoke

Others:
Bo Rai Cho
Rain

I HOPE NOT TANYA! I WANT TANYA TO BE PLAYABLE!!!

I think Rain is a comeo and not on the roster. Got some people over at Mortal Kombat Online going 'Rain has to be on the roster, they wouldn't make a character model otherwise'. Cameo's are confirmed, how does one get a cameo without a model lol?

Rain was relegated to DLC for a game set in the period he comes from. I wish he was on the roster but I'm certain he's not.

they are rather referring to how his costume is much more detailed than say, Sindel's. someone even went through the trouble of making a complete analysis and comparison of MKA vs MK9 vs MKX Rain costumes to show that this was not his MKA one revamped but rather brand new but a bit inspired from his MKA outfit. idk, this is driving me crazy, I just want someone to confirm him already :p