liu kang role?

If the champions are immortal then this explains Kung Lao's return. It also leaves to question how he could be a revenant. Last time I checked immortals don't die so how did Shao Kahn kill him and how could Quan Chi get his soul?

I have to side with [MENTION=17841]GloriousDK[/MENTION] on this. There is absolutely no guarantee that Liu Kang is in the game, but between the Living Towers figure looking more like him than it does any other character, his Italian VA saying that he's done some voice work as Liu, all other good MK1-2 characters being back, and Liu having such a huge beef with Raiden in MK9 - a storyline that is obviously going to be pursued further in MKX, as per Sub-Zero's claim that "Earthrealm deserves a better protector" - while we're still missing a "fun, surprise returning" final boss, we're looking at a growing mountain of circumstantial evidence.

It's one thing to say that "Liu Kang could still not be in the game," which is true, and it's another to say "it's unlikely that Liu Kang is in the game." No, it's likely that he is. And I don't even like the guy.

The magazine that confirmed many months ago that Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade would be playable and would have different and aged versions also stated that "make no mistake, the champion of Mortal Kombat is back".

The magazine that confirmed many months ago that Johnny Cage and Sonya Blade would be playable and would have different and aged versions also stated that "make no mistake, the champion of Mortal Kombat is back".

Yup.
German Game Pro confirmed Sonya, Johnny and Liu Kang as all being playable, and if 3 of those 4 (Kano, Sonya and Johnny) are playable, then the 4th one (Liu Kang) seems to also be true, IMO.

Yup.
German Game Pro confirmed Sonya, Johnny and Liu Kang as all being playable, and if 3 of those 4 (Kano, Sonya and Johnny) are playable, then the 4th one (Liu Kang) seems to also be true, IMO.

yup there to much evidence pointing that he in but as for his role we just don't know yet it still a mystery

Guys I just found the perfect way how liu lang survived raidens attack. If you read the mkx comic #11 raiden saved takeda from dying. For that, he put him inside the life force of earthrealm (= the jin sei ( sry if misspronounced)). Why not saving liu kang the same way? Raidens vision of saving earthrealm and entrusting powerful daggers to Champions without telling them the dangers... For me raidens character didn't develop one bit he still thinks the cause itself is important not the circumstances around it. In my opinion This will be the last time of raiden being the protector of earthrealm. Fujin will encourage liu kang for his role in my opinion at least, since he isn't ok with what the elder gods did to raiden and what raiden did to himself.

Guys I just found the perfect way how liu lang survived raidens attack. If you read the mkx comic #11 raiden saved takeda from dying. For that, he put him inside the life force of earthrealm (= the jin sei ( sry if misspronounced)). Why not saving liu kang the same way? Raidens vision of saving earthrealm and entrusting powerful daggers to Champions without telling them the dangers... For me raidens character didn't develop one bit he still thinks the cause itself is important not the circumstances around it. In my opinion This will be the last time of raiden being the protector of earthrealm. Fujin will encourage liu kang for his role in my opinion at least, since he isn't ok with what the elder gods did to raiden and what raiden did to himself.

Holy crap, you are right. But maybe this won't happen (they say that Raiden did killed Liu kang on tha blow) so they could give him a plot of being used as revenant, or coming back angry, something like that.

Jinsei resolves everything on our lives :laugh:

Good thinking!

While this could happen, I could also see Quan Chi trying to brainwash Liu Kang into serving him and going against Raiden.
Quan Chi knows that it would be the ultimate back-stab to Raiden, to have 1 of his former Champions fighting against him.

Holy crap, you are right. But maybe this won't happen (they say that Raiden did killed Liu kang on tha blow) so they could give him a plot of being used as revenant, or coming back angry, something like that.

Jinsei resolves everything on our lives :laugh:

Good thinking!

Where did they say that he died? I mean mk9 had a open ending and we didn't get any Information for liu kang for mkx yet. Maybe you're right but as of now, there is no confirmation from netherealm studios. :)

Where did they say that he died? I mean mk9 had a open ending and we didn't get any Information for liu kang for mkx yet. Maybe you're right but as of now, there is no confirmation from netherealm studios. :)

That's exactly what I think. That's something that was left open!

While this could happen, I could also see Quan Chi trying to brainwash Liu Kang into serving him and going against Raiden.
Quan Chi knows that it would be the ultimate back-stab to Raiden, to have 1 of his former Champions fighting against him.

Also forgot to mention, apparently you can fight the so called "calling of the netherealm" which Takeda showed. But yeah you could be right too but Liu Kang has a strong soul like shao khan. If you saw the ending of shang tsung in mk9, he absorbed shao khans soul but couldn't handle it. He went crazy. So knowing that, he could fight back.

Also Sindel, Smoke, Nightwolf, Stryker ect. just because they are not in the playable roster, doesnt exclude them. They are binging back every fighter that died in MK9. soooooooooo just like i said

Well, I always found him interesting, I like him.

Even though the fire god thing could be cool, I still think he will represent a good role.

Everybody was like OMG MKX: SPECIAL FORCES (read "everybody" with good sense) and even p.W was debating about how White Lotus has lost space and etc.

Well, today's trailer was pure White Lotus. Bo' Rai Cho, Kung Lao, Liu Kang, Kung Jin and specially Raiden. The leaders and top fighters of the organization. And Liu Kang, considering Johnny is Raiden's champion, can do a much more participative role than just the champion who beats everybody.

I see this way, specially seeing him working together with Kung Lao and with Raiden right in the trouble.