Complete analysis of the story trailer

Don't know if this has been said, don't feel like going through all pages. Some people are saying voice at the end is Liu kang. I still say take with a grain of salt, but thought I would share.

Do you mean the voice saying "the future of Earthrealm lies with you"? If so, that's Sub-Zero.

I want to discuss Kitana. What the hell is going on with her? I'm talking about her still being a revenant 25 years after MK9, after the presumed defeat of Quan Chi and Shinnok.

The way I see it, these are possible scenarios:
-She's dead the whole game and never came back
-She came back and died again (lulz)
-She came back and this evil form alongside Sindel in the trailer is just a clone/apparition/whathaveyou

I believe her Mournful variation and intro dialogue with Quan Chi rules out option 1, but who knows.

I want to discuss Kitana. What the hell is going on with her? I'm talking about her still being a revenant 25 years after MK9, after the presumed defeat of Quan Chi and Shinnok.

-She came back and this evil form alongside Sindel in the trailer is just a clone/apparition/whathaveyou

I believe her Mournful variation and intro dialogue with Quan Chi rules out option 1, but who knows.

Maybe she is one of the last to be revived. Sindel and her are probably (Sindel without a doubt) the most powerful of the dead, so, the last to be defeated.

Either she got re-killed and turned back into a zombie, or the part where Cassie and Kung Jin fight her and Sindel is earlier in the story than we think and they free her.

Like I've already said, I hope the Story trailer is just showing us some of the earlier chapters in Story Mode, hence why Kitana is still evil in the trailer.

Either she got re-killed and turned back into a zombie, or the part where Cassie and Kung Jin fight her and Sindel is earlier in the story than we think and they free her.

Cassie wasn't part of the special forces when the netherrealm war took place. This seems to be a clip of near-endgame.

Last edited:
I wonder if Kitana and Sindel are the last, why do they not revive Sindel? Perhaps Kitana wants to finally lay her mother in peace. Which I think i'd be fine with. It's nice to at least get a cameo from Sindel in MK X

I wonder if Kitana and Sindel are the last, why do they not revive Sindel? Perhaps Kitana wants to finally lay her mother in peace. Which I think i'd be fine with. It's nice to at least get a cameo from Sindel in MK X

IF they defeated Sindel :laugh:

I alwas was some "meh" with her, but I will NEVER forget what she did on MK9 :shock:

Let me throw out another theory.

Kitana is in fact revived during the Netherrealm War and seemingly restored...but somewhere towards the end she becomes re-corrupted and reverts back to her revenant state.

It happened to Scorpion in the comics.

revert.jpg
burnbabyburn.jpg

And I guess Sub Zero reverted too after Kano slashed him with the cursed dagger. Note: The glowing orange eyes.
subscar.jpg

And didn't Shaun Himmerick say in an interview that people can get revived but "they're not perfect."

So maybe Kitana and some of the other ex-revenants get re-corrupted and reacquainted with dark side due to some dark force... like a cursed dagger or an amulet containing a fallen Elder God.

Maybe she is one of the last to be revived. Sindel and her are probably (Sindel without a doubt) the most powerful of the dead, so, the last to be defeated.

Or maybe someone is trying to keep Kitana from taking Mileena's place as ruler of Outworld? I'm not too sure though. In one of her intros with Reptile she tells him that "Outworld was never" her "home" so I could be wrong.

EDIT: Here's the intro at 1:00

Is it me or are Reptile and Ermac definitely gonna job again? :)

They're not likely to be playable in the story IMO, but NRS is getting so much better at making characters not look like completely morons outside of their own chapters, that at least Ermac will come out OK, I think.

I gotta ask, what is it with the designers wanting so many male characters to pony tails? I was never a fan of that look. Even Scorpion has one now.

I'm not necessarily viewing the 5 characters statement as meaning that other characters featured in the trailer are necessarily excluded. For instance, we may see:

Main Roster: Kung Jin, Tekeda, Jacqui, Mileena, Erron Black

Unlockable: Johnny Cage, Shinnok

DLC: Sonya

I thought this was weird too. I don't really know what to make of it.

Or maybe someone is trying to keep Kitana from taking Mileena's place as ruler of Outworld? I'm not too sure though. In one of her intros with Reptile she tells him that "Outworld was never" her "home" so I could be wrong.

EDIT: Here's the intro at 1:00

So many questions! But I don't see Kitana taking the throne. I think she just wants Edenia.

Of course this would have effect on any of the two that became Kahns.