Imagine a character: Sektor as a ninja in MKX

efelos

Well Sektor is one of the characters I lovein the Mortal Kombat franchise so, I am now going to open a discussion about Sektor in MKX.

First of all, he is not dead. So he can be on MKX, why not? Even dead characters are in MKX.

I have imagined Sektor in MKX in my mind and I thought that he should not be complete cyborg and use lines like ''System Lock,Fully Charged'' (I know he didn't say these words in MK9 but still he said cyborg-ish things like ''We will begin with your transformation'') .
I think he should be a human ninja with ultimate technology. Like he should wear a costume like his alternate outfit in MK9 but instead of his actual face he can wear a cyborg helmet, rocket launcher backpact sort of thing, flamethrower gauntlets etc. But my actual point is seeing him as a ninja. Not a complete cyborg. I know a lot of people won't like my opinion, but this is my opinion. I respect everybody's criticism.

I think he needs new moves rather than teleport, rockets and flames. He needs some ninja moves. So let's give him a Pulse Blade which he can use in all variations. He can use it with combos. Like, he lands an uppercut to the enemy, the enemy rise up, Sektor uses Teleport, attacks with rockets, then jumps and attacks the enemy with Pulse Blade, hits the final blow, enemy down. Nice combo,eh?

What about the story of ''this'' Sektor? Good question. Since he and Sub-Zero are enemies, they can have a rivalry in the story mode. But we still don't know the identity of Sub-Zero so I can't make a prediction about it.

Anyway, what do you guys think about ''Ketchup''? What can he do in MKX if he can get in to MKX Universe?

Of all the cyber ninjas, I'd have preferred to see Cyber Subbie, but that seems to be very unlikely, as he appears human in the comics. So indeed, Sektor is the one cyber ninja I'd like to see appear in the game. We have yet to see how Subbie gains the Grandmaster title and the Dragon Medallion, and I'm sure Sektor won't make it easy for him to get it.

I like your idea of basically a human ninja with ultimate tech, however, that'd be interesting to see in a new cyborg. if you change Sektor (or Cyrax or cyborg Smoke for that matter) THAT drastically, idk if he'd feel like Sektor anymore

That's a new character, I don't see why they should change Sektor that much he would stop being Sektor. There's no point in that.

Besides it sounds like you want Ironman in the game

Sektor is my favorite character, really hope he stays a cyber-ninja.
I doubt he will be in the game, but maybe he gets an awesome story in the comic (I really like the comic more than the game already lol, all interesting things happen in the comic, and the storymode in MKx will be about the family Cage probably that get all the chapters again.

I really can't see any merit in turning Sektor into a ninja (my opinion).
First, Sektor is the guy who welcomed the transformation into cyborg, unlike Cyrax, Smoke and Sub-Zero who had their reservations. It wouldn't make sense to me to turn the only cyborg who wanted to be a cyborg back into human. Second, we already have someone with the "red ninja" as original inspiration, Ermac, and third, we already have humans with technological enhancements and weaponry like Kano, Kabal and Jax.

What I do agree is that Sektor would fit the game nicely as a rival to Sub-Zero and overall bad guy.

Sektor willingly took the cyber initiative. Having him become a normal ninja doesn't make much sense.

Sounds interesting, probably not possible, but interesting.
I did enjoy playing as the human sektor in MK'11, would be nice to play him again.

This would be the most awesome Sektor:
E1hZE7o.jpg

Cassie took his homing missles, but just give him a plasma rifle and his pulse blades and he'd be a renewed badass.

I think Cyrax... well whichever one it was that didn't want to lose his humanity would be more of a ninja. Probably an excommunicated Lin Kuei ninja that shirked technological advancements for a more primative but effective alternative to those technologies. Like... Sub Zero is unique because he controls ice. But an actual ninja that uses throwing stars, smoke bombs, make-shift grenades and pepper bombs with teleports and traps would be pretty damned cool. Pepper bombs... they're like an old Chinese weapon where they act like pepper spray but pop into a cloud of pepper dust. Hurts real bad from what I hear. When you think about it, we don't really have many characters that are simply extraordinary martial artists in this game. Everyone seems to have some special supernatural power or technology that gives them an edge. It'd be cool to see Cyrax subvert all that and be about as purely ninja and badass as you could possibly get.

I hate to be that guy, but Sektor being a ninja would make zero sense because the Lin Kuei have never been, and will never be, ninjas.

Well, OK, I lied.

I like being that guy.

Did anyone prefer this:

sektor-mk9human-concept.jpg

... Over this:

sektor-mk9concept.jpg

I personally didn't. The whole think with the gas tanks on his back and shooting missiles from his wrists etc, it all seemed so incredibly awkward.

I hate to be that guy, but Sektor being a ninja would make zero sense because the Lin Kuei have never been, and will never be, ninjas.

Except for Sub-Zero. I present this epic 1994 song as proof he's a Chinese ninja warrior.

Oh, Chinese ninja warrior,
with your heart sooooo cold!
Sub-Zeeeeero!
Whoah, your life is a mystery!
Warrior with a mask!
Sub-Zeeeeero!

1289.gif
1264.gif

Well, OK, I lied.

I like being that guy.

Ninja is already a plural word. There is not a single Ninja in the Mortal Kombat universe.

Ninja is already a plural word. There is not a single Ninja in the Mortal Kombat universe.

Thanks for the correction, dumb colloquialisms can be a pain.

Scorpion is a ninja, though. Kind of. Obviously he's other things on top of that, but you don't stop being a ninja just because you become a hellspawn, just like I'm sure a ninja could be a construction worker.