• Fifteen. (1/2)

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Twenty. (2/3)

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • More than twenty.

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters

p.W

MK11! Not MKX. MK11. The game after this game. And by "returning" I mean MK1-9. MKX firsts are still new for the purpose of this thread. Let's assume a roster of 30 characters.

I want to see what the community consensus is, if there is consensus. Feel free to explain why you voted the way you did.

Spoiler:
I expect a lot of comments about "passing the torch," don't disappoint me!

At least 12 characters need to be returning...and they need to make up the majority of the roster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using Tapatalk

hopefully, despite the number, it won't be sonyas, jaxes, kung laos and the aunt of liu kang or the uncle of stryker and sheeva's nephew but rather a fresh roster of some iconic ones, some MK1-3 ones without their shot to shine, post mk3 ones with potential and maybe a few brand new ones for MK11 and some returning GOOD new ones from MKX

Well, you based the poll with the assumption of a roster composed of 30 characters so I'm voting 20.

A 2/3 ratio seems perfect to me, though it's highly unlikely we even get 30 characters.

EDIT: Oh... this about MK11... damn. I shouldn't have rushed into voting.

Additionally, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, Liu Kang, and Quan Chi should be mandatory on the roster.

Well, you based the poll with the assumption of a roster composed of 30 characters so I'm voting 20.

A 2/3 ratio seems perfect to me, though it's highly unlikely we even get 30 characters.

EDIT: Oh... this about MK11... damn. I shouldn't have rushed into voting.

What's your new vote?

I hope that the rest of the klassic characters minus Scorpion, Sub-Zero and maybe Raiden get killed off in story mode, and that the rest of the MK11 roster is completely brand new.
Actually, I take that back.
I hope that Fujin replaces Raiden too.
I hope that the new characters like Jaqui, Takeda, Cassie, Erron Black, Kung Jin, Kotal Kahn, Ferra / Torr, the bow character and D'Vorah take up the mantle for MK11.
MKX needs to clean the slate of these boring and stale Trilogy characters. :The_Villagers:

I hope that the rest of the klassic characters minus Scorpion, Sub-Zero and maybe Raiden get killed off in story mode, and that the rest of the MK11 roster is completely brand new.
Actually, I take that back.
I hope that Fujin replaces Raiden too.
I hope that the new characters like Jaqui, Takeda, Cassie, Erron Black, Kung Jin, Kotal Kahn, Ferra / Torr, the bow character and D'Vorah take up the mantle for MK11.
MKX needs to clean the slate of these boring and stale Trilogy characters.
Oh, but didn't you say repeatedly that Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Raiden, and Liu Kang were the Big Four Absolute Must-Haves? And an "all-but-4-new-roster" is bad for business.

Oh, but didn't you say repeatedly that Scorpion,Sub-Zero, Raiden, and Liu Kang were the Big Four Absolute Must-Haves?

Nope.
I said that those are the big 4 for MK games and I don't think that NRS will get rid of the, but unlike you I tire of seeing the same shit game after game.
People like you who are stuck in the Trilogy are the reason that this series will go the Armageddon route again and I don't want to see my favorite series die off or go to shit because NRS can't have more creative freedom, due to being held back by people like you.

Other than Raiden, Scorpion, Subzero, Rain, Skarlet, and Quan Chi. I don't want to see any other characters from MK9 on the roster. Nine more from MK4-MKA (no including Kenshi and Quan Chi in this category for smartaxis). Seven more from MKX debut. Finally, Eight Brand new characters that Debut in MK'11.

So pretty much it would be:
MK9:Non-MK9 - 1/5
MK1-9:post-MK9 - 1/2
Pre-MK11:MK11 - 3/4

Nope.
I said that those are the big 4 for MK games and I don't think that NRS will get rid of the, but unlike you I tire of seeing the same shit game after game.
People like you who are stuck in the Trilogy are the reason that this series will go the Armageddon route again and die off.
What's so great about a repeat of SF3? You know damn well that an SF3 type roster alienates more fans than it's actually worth. You can have about 5-7 new characters no problem. I can deal with 5-7 new characters, but the amount of new characters you are asking for is excessive. Fans pay to see their favorites, and Ed Boon's own retweets involving Kitana are a textbook example.

What's so great about a repeat of SF3? You know damn well that an SF3 type roster alienates more fans than it's actually worth. You can have about 5-7 new characters no problem, but fans pay to see their favorites.

You like to repeatedly bring up "SF3 repeat," but I never said that blue and yellow should be absent from MK.
Those 2 are the Ken and Ryu of MK.
Liu Kang and Raiden, though, yeah I hope that they get killed off in MKX and that Fujin and Kung Jin replace both of them.

You like to repeatedly bring up "SF3 repeat," but I never said that blue and yellow should be absent from MK.
Those 2 are the Ken and Ryu of MK.
Liu Kang and Raiden, though, yeah I hope that they get killed off in MKX and that Fujin and Kung Jin replace both of them.
But you said Raiden and Liu Kang were mandatory. So why the sudden 180?

But you said Raiden and Liu Kang were mandatory. So why the sudden 180?

I never said that I WANTED those 2, though.
I said that I don't think that NRS will get rid of them, as much as I would want them to.
BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!
YOU'RE the 1 who says that they are mandatory, not me.
It's pointless to even try to converse with someone who twists my words around, though.

I never said that those 2 were mandatory.
I said that I don't think that NRS will get rid of them, as much as I would want them to.
BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!
YOU'RE the 1 who says that they are mandatory, not me.

You did say they were must-haves, in the same breath as saying Scorpion and Sub-Zero are, which by definition means mandatory.

You did say they were must-haves, in the same breath as saying Scorpion and Sub-Zero are, which by definition means mandatory.

Regardless, I never said that I WANTED them in, so I don't see where your vacant claim of me wanting them and making a 180 in comes from.
I don't think that NRS will get rid of them, but never did I say that I WANTED those 2 specific characters in all the games.
Good lord, you love to troll.