Jax confirmed in part by WB Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

GloriousDK

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=947074791970829&set=vb.167169163294733&type=2&theater

This is an interview of the Brazilian voice actress of Cassie Cage. There are moments when they film her saying her lines. One of those lines is her asking "What's the matter, Major Jax? 'Something something about his enhancements'?"

So here we go. It also confirms things as she says "Stay away from my mother!"

This interview confirms AT LEAST that Sonya, Jax, and possibly and reasonably so that Johnny Cage are in the game in some form or fashion.

This interview confirms AT LEAST that Sonya, Jax, and possibly and reasonably so that Johnny Cage are in the game in some form or fashion.
That was always a forgone conclusion. Not like they would all drop off the face of the earth. The real question is whether they'll be playable or not (I say 'yes' for all three).

Judging by those lines, Jax will have some malfunctions with his cybernetics that may cause harm to those around him.

Tekunin managed to hack Jax's arms or potentially his new cyber add-ons/enhancements? Or perhaps Kano learned a new trick since hes a cyborg.

Just tossing stuff in the air.

Could also be a line from story mode. This doesn't confirm Jax being playable in MK, though we know that Jax is alive from the comic.

Judging by those lines, Jax will have some malfunctions with his cybernetics that may cause harm to those around him.

I love how seamlessly that transitioned from legitimate interpretation to wild theorycrafting! :rofl: Sure, they could cause harm to those around him, or it could just explain why Jax won't beat up the bad guy in the room, and instead lets Cassie/Jacqui take him out.

[MENTION=18661]p.W[/MENTION] LOL Well it doesn't take much to spark a logical theory with me.

You have a point. He could get decommissioned for awhile. Or just like Cyborg in Injustice, he could be hacked to fight against you or with the enemy for a battle.

Or if you want to really blow this idea up, hacked throughout the story under the control of Tekunin/Kano.

I'm not surprise he is back. It seems a lot of casual fans like him and he has been in every MK game since he appear in MK2 expect for MKD. I would imagine everyone who died in MK9 will end up be brought back to life after Shinnok. It's the only way that they can explain on how they come back.

I think the best information coming from her is the possible romance between Cassie and aother character.

Besides, holy s#!t why call her?

Nothing against being her, but Brazil has one of the best dub actors, they are REALLY good, and they call her for what?

It does NOT sound good. Sounds "normal".

Though I think brazilian's dub actors are very good, I prefer listening to the original.

I think the best information coming from her is the possible romance between Cassie and aother character.

Unless that interview was done in-between multiple voice acting sessions, it's not going to be a "romance." If it was a romance, then the voice actor wouldn't have to guess. It sounds like Cassie just does a bit of flirting.

Unless that interview was done in-between multiple voice acting sessions, it's not going to be a "romance." If it was a romance, then the voice actor wouldn't have to guess. It sounds like Cassie just does a bit of flirting.

Yeah, that's right. I used the wrong words to describe it, she was just flirting, according to the voice actor.

Show of hands; who wants Jax playable? Not me.

Me neither. The sad thing is that if he's unplayable, then the only other likely African character is Jacqui and I just... C'mon NRS. Another unimaginative name? My nose would bleed from the derp if it weren't being redeemed by almost everything else being awesome.

Show of hands; who wants Jax playable? Not me.

Me neither.
I was hoping that Jax would be 1 of the characters that stayed dead for 1 game.

As far as I'm concerned, all the dead characters should have stayed dead, but that's water under the bridge now.
My next best hope is that some of the characters like Jade, Kabal, Sindel, Nightwolf, Styker, Shan Tsung, Smoke (and whoever else I'm forgetting) stays dead, at least for 1 game.
Also because I want to see this "army of EathRealm revenants" that Shaun Himmerick was speaking of during the Quan Chi reveal.
Wouldn't be much of an "army" of revenants if all of the characters are suddenly back and not under Quan Chi's control.
I also hope that Sheeva gets killed off in MKX in a cameo and is added to Quan Chi's "army of revenants."
She seems useless now that Goro is playable.

I really wish it was Cyrax instead of Jax because the fighting game community does not need big burly black character

"Stay away from my mother"

So... did Jax and Sonya have some kind of falling out? Did Jax profess his love for Sonya, got turned down and then became a stalker or something?

Pitty (the artist providing voice for Cassie - by the way, what an awful choice) actually says that she "felt that she (Cassie) has a crush on someone/there's someone she wants to be involved with", so to speak. It implies a romance and since the artist doesn't seem to be a hardcore fan, it's fair that she doesn't mention said character by name. Unless she misunderstood some pre-fight dialogue.

Seriously, this has no place being in a MK game if there's indeed some sort of romance. Then again, Jax being alive should have no place too.
PS.: One of Cassie's lines to Jax is "What's wrong, uncle Jax? Is there something wrong with your joints?"

Pitty (the artist providing voice for Cassie - by the way, what an awful choice) actually says that she "felt that she (Cassie) has a crush on someone/there's someone she wants to be involved with", so to speak. It implies a romance and since the artist doesn't seem to be a hardcore fan, it's fair that she doesn't mention said character by name. Unless she misunderstood some pre-fight dialogue.

Seriously, this has no place in a MK game if there's indeed some sort of romance. Then again, Jax being alive should have no place too.
PS.: One of Cassie's lines to Jax is "What's wrong, uncle Jax? Is there something wrong with your joints?"

No place for a romance? Naturally, since as we all know Johnny Cage flirting "I'm taking you out, I'm taking you out... for dinner" was one of the most despised lines of dialogue in MK9.

Wait, wait, what's the opposite of that? Oh yeah, one of the funniest. Lighten up. If you just want 2 hours of gore in the story, you can find better stuff on the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.