The Official "Why Reptile" thread

Don't jinx it, dude! :p
Reptile's Variations:
-Punching bag
-Doormat
-Random henchman

His new design is amazing. I don't see how it looks "just like his MK9 alt". His mask his a million times better, and those bones all over his body are badass.
I think it looks very similar (the V-shape/loincloth w/ mask look remains), but highly improved upon (dat mask, dem bones). The same applies to Kung Lao.

Reptile survived MK9, and he deserves better character development. Sole reasons why he should be in MKX.

The new costume doesn't look anything like his alternate one in Mortal Kombat: 2011. What in the world are people smoking? Some of our friends here must need a refresher one what the alternate costume looks like so here ya go:

reptile-mk9alt-render.jpg

I think it looks very similar (the V-shape/loincloth w/ mask look remains), but highly improved upon (dat mask, dem bones). The same applies to Kung Lao.

All the "ninja's" have masks, and IIRC, they have loincloths as well.

So why is it okay for them to have that shit, but not Reptile? He was originally a ninja, so it makes sense to have a ninja look.

He has had MAJOR improvements, so I don't get how it looks the same.

I think people are just upset it's not the Reptile they wanted. Just because it's not the exact Reptile design you wanted, doesn't make it bad.

The new costume doesn't look anything like his alternate one in Mortal Kombat: 2011. What in the world are people smoking? Some of our friends here must need a refresher one what the alternate costume looks like so here ya go:

This^
I would give thanks if I could.

I think he deserves to be in MKX. He was always the overlooked ninja of the original 3. He is one of the originals and though may not be as popular as the other two he's still recognizable. People see a green ninja (lizard lately) spitting acid and they instantly think of MK with the character being Reptile. It was stated by the others that he also survived the last game so that's even more reason for him to be in it. I think NRS never gave him the chance to develop, always neglecting the poor thing over their favorites instead. With a much more developed story this time, I know he can rise to claim his deserved status as a mainstay in the game. I also think he suffered greatly from when they started to make him look more lizard-like with every installment of the game that followed.

View attachment 7482

If you cut out the silhuette of both costumes, it looks almost exactly the same. The hood and mask, the V-vest and loincloth, the arm bracers and the leg guards...

wtf, doesn't look close to the mk9 alt (thank goodness)... new reptile looks AWESOME

I completely agree. One person stated Reptile looked like "an updated version of his MK9 costume" and others just hopped on the bandwagon, it seems. The two costumes look different. People are just mad that corny ass new characters haven't been revealed yet. Lol

If you cut out the silhuette of both costumes, it looks almost exactly the same. The hood and mask, the V-vest and loincloth, the arm bracers and the leg guards...

Lol Incubus, you can't be serious. The masks look completely different, as does the rest of the costume with the exception of those black pants. If you truly believe they look the same, I'd suggest either having your eyes examined or doing a side by side comparison, my friend. :)

Lol Incubus, you can't be serious. The masks look completely different, as does the rest of the costume with the exception of those black pants. If you truly believe they look the same, I'd suggest either having your eyes examined or doing a side by side comparison, my friend. :)

I said I like the mask. But it is still a mask. It may have a different look, but it is the same kind of mask. It is STILL the exact same elements as used in the ninja palette swap look from the original trilogy.

So why is it okay for them to have that shit, but not Reptile? He was originally a ninja, so it makes sense to have a ninja look.
I myself don't want the 'ninja' look on anybody, besides Scorpion. The more different and unique the 'ninjas' look, the better.

Give me scar-Zero, dinosaur Reptile, enenra Smoke, wizard Ermac, prince Rain over any of their ninja designs any day.

That's not to say MKX Reptile doesn't look fantastic, because he does, but I would prefer them to stray further away from what's expected if they feel comfortable doing so. I guess they don't. Still fine by me.

I said I like the mask. But it is still a mask. It may have a different look, but it is the same kind of mask. It is STILL the exact same elements as used in the ninja palette swap look from the original trilogy.

I just don't see where you are drawing your conclusions from, man. I've watched the trailer a few times now and can't see how they look the same to you. If I can find a picture of the new costume, I'll upload it and maybe someone can edit the two pictures together for a more in-depth look.

If you cut out the silhuette of both costumes, it looks almost exactly the same.

:laugh: No, not even close.

The hood and mask, the V-vest and loincloth, the arm bracers and the leg guards...

1. The only relations the hoods have is they're both black hoods, the shape and look is completely different.

It's a black hood FFS...

2. The v-vest and loincloth are covered in bone and, again, look completely different. The's like saying all v-vests and lion clothes are the same. Just because you don't like them, doesn't make them all the same.

3. Really? :laugh: They look way better then the MK9 ones. Again, that's like saying all arm/leg guards look the same.

I think you might just be a little salty about Reptiles reveal because it didn't go exactly the way you wanted.
Just because you don't like ninja masks and loincloths, doesn't make them all "the same".

I just don't see where you are drawing your conclusions from, man. I've watched the trailer a few times now and can't see how they look the same to you. If I can find a picture of the new costume, I'll upload it and maybe someone can edit the two pictures together for a more in-depth look.

Hood and mask. Check.
V-vest. Check.
Loincloth. Check.
Arm bracers. Check.
Shin guards. Check.

All the same elements in the palette swap look are in his MKX look. You really can't see that, or are you in denial?

mortal-kombat-x-reptile-119811-640x320.jpg
THIS...

reptile-mk9alt-render.jpg
Does not look like this.

I'm not in denial at all. The are different. If you believe otherwise, cite specific examples, please.

I can only hope that NRS gives us brand new characters or some post MK3 characters via DLC.

Most people will buy the seasons pass anyways so they already have your money. They can take chances with DLC