What's bothering you at the moment?

Sometimes I really get disappointed with my friends.Sometimes I get so exhausted to the point I become delusional. I m leaving on my own.I m studying mechanical engineering which is a really hard subject while I m working and I am also in the basketball team(for the scholarship). I m doing well since my GPA is at 3.2 out of 4, but my time is very limited.

My friends want to chill all the time, and on many occasion they complained about me studying or working. This has become a problem for me because I do care about them, but they don't seem to understand that the things I do are important for me. I don't know what to do. Another thing that disappoints me is that they have nothing new to talk about. They still talk about the same things for years, so there is really nothing interesting for me to listen to.

Sometimes I feel is just me wanting to better myself and I m just getting weird. I don't know.

It's all about priorities. What I think this is, is a classic case of you moving forward in life, maturing quicker and evaluating priorities in accordance to what's going to benefit the rest of your life, and they're stuck in their little bubble of thinking life is a game.

It's all about priorities. What I think this is, is a classic case of you moving forward in life, maturing quicker and evaluating priorities in accordance to what's going to benefit the rest of your life, and they're stuck in their little bubble of thinking life is a game.

Thanks,sometimes is good to hear that you re not the "crazy" one.

Sometimes I really get disappointed with my friends.Sometimes I get so exhausted to the point I become delusional. I m leaving on my own.I m studying mechanical engineering which is a really hard subject while I m working and I am also in the basketball team(for the scholarship). I m doing well since my GPA is at 3.2 out of 4, but my time is very limited.

My friends want to chill all the time, and on many occasion they complained about me studying or working. This has become a problem for me because I do care about them, but they don't seem to understand that the things I do are important for me. I don't know what to do. Another thing that disappoints me is that they have nothing new to talk about. They still talk about the same things for years, so there is really nothing interesting for me to listen to.

Sometimes I feel is just me wanting to better myself and I m just getting weird. I don't know.
I hate to sound like a witch but get new friends.
If your friends cant understand with you are trying to accomplish with your life then you need new friends. There could be a little bit of jealousy, there could be the feeling of being left behind by you, or just a lack of maturity. Bottom line is sometimes we sometimes out grow our friends. It's rare to have a friend from childhood, and those you should truly cherish. I am a strong believer of surrounding myself with other with the same interest and goals.
I would 1st reiterate the important things in your life to them, if they cant get with the program then.........

I hate to sound like a witch but get new friends.
If your friends cant understand with you are trying to accomplish with your life then you need new friends. There could be a little bit of jealousy, there could be the feeling of being left behind by you, or just a lack of maturity. Bottom line is sometimes we sometimes out grow our friends. It's rare to have a friend from childhood, and those you should truly cherish. I am a strong believer of surrounding myself with other with the same interest and goals.
I would 1st reiterate the important things in your life to them, if they cant get with the program then.........

I already told them, but they just said that I m overreacting cause I m taking things too seriously. I guess you re right and it is just me, feeling bad to leave some friends behind. At least [MENTION=18604]Tanya4eva[/MENTION] and [MENTION=5107]Taj Gill[/MENTION] u helped me clear my mind and see what's right. Thanks, I really appreciate it.

I already told them, but they just said that I m overreacting cause I m taking things too seriously. I guess you re right and it is just me, feeling bad to leave some friends behind. At least @Tanya4eva and @Taj Gill u helped me clear my mind and see what's right. Thanks, I really appreciate it.

Yes you feeling bad is a sign of you being a better friend than they are to you(at least at the moment). Ending relationships(romantic or friendships) can be tough, but you are trying to accomplish something that could be life changing. Just keep reminding yourself of this, and know that rough spots in your life will pass. You will meet new friends and who knows( once they see you are serious)your old friends may get with the program come around. Good Luck!!!!!

Yea you see what the feminist and prudes did to mortal Kombat ...we went from all of the girls having bouncy tits..to all of them having stiff cement tits.. Lmao there's no in between .

And the feminist will still be pissed because cleavage is showing .

"Hereeeee's JOHNNY!!!!"

My studies are killing me too.

Studying biochemistry is plain suicide lmao

I love it though!

I'm not struggling by any means but I don't feel like I'm on the right path in life. Like I'm not successful in anything I do. All I want to do in life is to live comfy and help my family and friends with anything they need. Like I'm doing the right things like going to school, trying to work and save money ,but it's hard being a college student in debt and seeing others successed. I'm not a hater , but damn I want to be successful too!

About that girlfriend debate. I'm 20 (soon to be 21) have been with my girlfriend for 3 years in May. It looks to be a serious relationship, we love and care for one another, but is it bad that a little part of me wishes I had a little bit more fun??

About that girlfriend debate. I'm 20 (soon to be 21) have been with my girlfriend for 3 years in May. It looks to be a serious relationship, we love and care for one another, but is it bad that a little part of me wishes I had a little bit more fun??
Hell no its not bad, you're still young. Your needs and desires are still going to change as you get older. And as you get older, you're going to inherit more responsibility, meaning you're going to regret the things you could've done when you were younger. But hey, if you're happy with the woman, then all the power to you. Just make sure you're mature enough to believe that you'd be willing to spend the rest of your life with this woman, and are not just settling.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Hell no its not bad, you're still young. Your needs and desires are still going to change as you get older. And as you get older, you're going to inherit more responsibility, meaning you're going to regret the things you could've done when you were younger. But hey, if you're happy with the woman, then all the power to you. Just make sure you're mature enough to believe that you'd be willing to spend the rest of your life with this woman, and are not just settling.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

You said all the stuff I was gonna say...i been in a serious relationship since for 7 years now ..not a day goes by that I don't think about going out..thankfully my lady lets me have s bit more freedom of it wasn't for that we wouldn't be together .

But to the guy who we're talking to..man I can honestly say that 18,21,25 and 30 are totally different ages and lots of things can change.I know what you mean by wanting to have more fun..trust me ...I know.

"Hereeeee's JOHNNY!!!!"

I'm not struggling by any means but I don't feel like I'm on the right path in life. Like I'm not successful in anything I do. All I want to do in life is to live comfy and help my family and friends with anything they need. Like I'm doing the right things like going to school, trying to work and save money ,but it's hard being a college student in debt and seeing others successed. I'm not a hater , but damn I want to be successful too!

It seems we are in the same boat.

Having no job bothers me.

Iv applied everywhere within walking distance multiple times. It's like this endless cycle of bullshit keeps me from doing anything.

In order to get myself a job, I need a car. In order to get a car, I need a job! In order to get a job, I need experience. In order to get experience, I need a job! In order to get a job, I need nice interview clothes. If I want to buy those nice interview clothes, I need a stupid dumb job!

I'm stuck in this never ending rut. I don't even hang out with any people my age anymore. I moved away from all of my old friends, and I still haven't met any people in my new town. I was hoping that would change once I got a job.

I can't even get that excited about MKX dropping soon. I gotta wait til summer to even get my hands on it.

Yea you see what the feminist and prudes did to mortal Kombat ...we went from all of the girls having bouncy tits..to all of them having stiff cement tits.. Lmao there's no in between .

And the feminist will still be pissed because cleavage is showing .

"Hereeeee's JOHNNY!!!!"

There was nothing attractive about scantily clad animated characters with abnormally large breasts & defined abs. They look so much better now, and it has nothing to do with feminism.

I hear this quote all the time "Your 20's are either the best, the worst, or the most confusing time of your life." I'm 21 right now, and so far i'm on the "confusing" boat. I'm about to wrap up my basics in college and I still don't know what I want to do with my life. I think long term, and because of that, I have a hard time figuring out what I want to pursue, because in my head I'm thinking "This is what I'm going to be doing for the next 40 years, so I better like it", ya know? And it kind of freaks me out lol.

I've had this mini dream of going to Full Sail University for video editing, but moving from Texas to Florida, their crazy tuition costs, etc. make it just that. A dream lol. But even then, video editing has been something I have been interested in ever since I took a Media Tech class in High School, I'm just not sure if I should go all the way.

Here's a couple of videos I edited while in High School and in my college art history classes for anyone interested. I'm basically self taught so go easy on me lol. The media tech teacher never really did his job :b

Art and History of the town I live in: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj5Od5aY5ac

A video I made for the High School Football team my senior year (Uploading it caused the video to shake for some reason): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQhpRBYO6iw

Mini Biography of Van Gogh the artist (Art history project)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8E8vRxMGUI

Sorry for the long post (and self promotion lol), I needed to rant and I see some potential in my work, just wanted to get all that stuff off my chest.