Best and Worst of the Mortal Kombat YouTube news channels

reikoiskahn

Approximately two hours ago, a friend of mine and I were conversing coverage of Mortal Kombat X via YouTube and it gave me the idea for this particular thread. The purpose of it is to help new fans (and some old ones, as well) find out which sources are the most reliable for Mortal Kombat X news and updates. I'm sure you all have your favorites and those you just cannot stand. I ask that you give reasons for whatever YouTuber you support or don't. I'll start it off:

I actually have two YouTubers I can safely say are awesome at providing Mortal Kombat X news, in addition to other intriguing things about the franchise itself. They are Total MK and Uncagedgamez. Both provide excellent content, ranging from footage of them playing various installments within the series to debunking rumors about secrets to hi-def trailers. Last but not least, both are very swell people and all around nice guys.

As far as those who I don't enjoy so much, Jaeroar is at the top of the list. He gets upset when people correct him on mistakes and has blocked quite a few people I know who've only tried to help him with pronouncing character names. The biggest instance of that is him butchering Tremor's name by calling him "Tree-more." He also tends to say "Mortal Komback Nation," as opposed to "Mortal Kombat Nation." He comes up with theories that hold no weight, as they aren't supported by anything besides him wanting them to be true.

Now that you all get the idea of what this thread should be about, have at it!

I can't stand Uncagedgamez. That guy is such a tool.
He's so dumb. When a guy asked Beran if Cassie could do fatalities on her parents, he said yeah you CAN, and that dude just said that it doesn't confirm anyone when it actually confirms one of her parents, but when a useless troll move is made, he misleads people with the title of his videos. MkIceandfire are good sources tho

Really? I'm curious, what makes you say that? I spoke to him on Twitter and Instagram and he was nothing but nice. I'm not an asskisser, either, so it wasn't as if I was like, "OMG, ur the greatest YouTuber of all time LOLZ!!!" In fact, I joked with him about spamming the same moves and being able to kick his ass. He took it all in stride and we had a great conversation about Johnny Cage's future. What was the bad experience you had with him all about and are you going to talk about anyone you actually enjoy watching so people can get your input on who to watch?

[MENTION=5232]Ricochetmatt[/MENTION] agreed.

He can't even break 5000 views unless it has a misleading MKX title, then it'll hit the 10,000's.
It's pathetic.

MkIceandfire are good sources tho

I also recommend MKIcevsfire.
He just posts new content with real titles. No speculations and no jumping to conclusions.

That channel was my go to for MK9.

[MENTION=5232]Ricochetmatt[/MENTION] agreed.

He can't even break 5000 views unless it has a misleading MKX title, then it'll hit the 10,000's.
It's pathetic.

And the intro to his vids pisses me off. We get it your name doesn't have to be flipping around for like half of the video.

I only subscribe to Maximillian Dood. He's alright, but is very spare with his info and is more focused on Killer Instinct.

I only subscribe to Maximillian Dood. He's alright, but is very spare with his info and is more focused on Killer Instinct.

Yeah, I was just watching Max's reaction to the latest video. He's pretty chill, no problem with him at all. If I'm not mistaken, too, MKIcevsfire was formerly known as TheUltimateRyu on YouTube but he kept getting reported. I like the fact that he posts content videos and screenshots but he doesn't talk so it is virtually impossible to know his thoughts on characters, stages, or storyline possibilities.

Really? I'm curious, what makes you say that? I spoke to him on Twitter and Instagram and he was nothing but nice. I'm not an asskisser, either, so it wasn't as if I was like, "OMG, ur the greatest YouTuber of all time LOLZ!!!" In fact, I joked with him about spamming the same moves and being able to kick his ass. He took it all in stride and we had a great conversation about Johnny Cage's future. What was the bad experience you had with him all about and are you going to talk about anyone you actually enjoy watching so people can get your input on who to watch?

First off, his videos are terrible. As someone who is doing "coverage" of a game, he really needs to plan out his segments a lot better. He fumbles over his words a lot, he's incredibly overdramatic (which would be fine if he weren't so irritating), he creates videos based on debunked rumors and then admits during the video that it was debunked but he wants people's thoughts anyway and his videos are just really annoying... To the point where they become unbearably obnoxious.

And no, I can't recommend any good coverage channels as I haven't really come across any yet. Mostly just random people reacting to whatever news is fresh at the moment.

First off, his videos are terrible. As someone who is doing "coverage" of a game, he really needs to plan out his segments a lot better. He fumbles over his words a lot, he's incredibly overdramatic (which would be fine if he weren't so irritating), he creates videos based on debunked rumors and then admits during the video that it was debunked but he wants people's thoughts anyway and his videos are just really annoying... To the point where they become unbearably obnoxious.

And no, I can't recommend any good coverage channels as I haven't really come across any yet. Mostly just random people reacting to whatever news is fresh at the moment.

Hmm, I see.

Check out Total MK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBk0buiNhj8

He's okay in my opinion. I do feel like that he should not make videos for every tweet that Ed Boon makes. From what I've seen from him that he is a causal fan of the series. It seems like that he knows very little about the series outside of MK9.

Agreed. Fully. It's not that he's a bad guy. I'm sure he's nice IRL. But he does the typical youtube-r click bait title bullshit and as an MK fan that really pisses me off. Also, the fan art that people send him... *shudders*

I used to really like TotalMK. But after MK9 he's been super negative towards NRS in general. The marketing team didn't give him as much materials as they used to so he raged like a little baby back in 2010 and has been only negative towards MKX. It's incredibly frustrating watching the guy strain to find little details he doesn't like about it (Example : the way the "Finish Him" font is displayed. He said it was droopy or something along those lines. I think he complained about the announcer too -- even though it's the same one from mk9).

Agreed. Fully. It's not that he's a bad guy. I'm sure he's nice IRL. But he does the typical youtube-r click bait title bullshit and as an MK fan that really pisses me off. Also, the fan art that people send him... *shudders*

I used to really like TotalMK. But after MK9 he's been super negative towards NRS in general. The marketing team didn't give him as much materials as they used to so he raged like a little baby back in 2010 and has been only negative towards MKX. It's incredibly frustrating watching the guy strain to find little details he doesn't like about it (Example : the way the "Finish Him" font is displayed. He said it was droopy or something along those lines. I think he complained about the announcer too -- even though it's the same one from mk9).

Yeah, I believe Uncaged is only 19-years old so he doesn't know all there is to know about the series but, from what he told me, he's constantly researching, which is good. Guy can't help the fact that he's young as hell, lol. He's trying, though, so I support that sort of thing. He'll probably get better with time.

As for Total MK, he did seem to be a bit upset about the supply he was giving being somewhat lackluster in comparison to what he was given in the past, I agree. I figure that's just him being used to being treated as the "top dog" in terms of promotion and marketing shit. I don't think that's a knock on his channel (not saying you said it was) so I still hold him in high regard. I wouldn't say he's completely negative towards MKX, though, dude. Check out his video about Kano's trailer, in addition to the one for Quan Chi.

I got as far as him trying to justify Nitara... Something about tits and a$$ and I had to bail.

"My top ten favorite characters! Number TEN! This... chick... Cause. She's a vampire. And... Tits and a$$... I don't remember her story or what her moves were. But yeah. She's cool."

:slap:

Lol Get through the whole video, dude. You have to hear what he says about guys like Reptile, Kintaro, Shao Kahn, and Scorpion!

Maximilian is all you need

Agreed to a point. If it's gameplay you're looking for... Yes. Absolutely. Dude is pretty much undisputed when it comes to analyzing the gameplay of fighting games (at least as far as I know).. If you're looking for someone to analyze story points, I don't really know who to point towards since everyone has draw-backs : clickbaiting, mis-leading titles, etc.

If I were TMK I would be pissed as well if what he says is true about how the way Warner Brothers treats sites that arent IGN or Gamespot. I still enjoy listening to him.

I watch Maximillian for his KI coverage but I he posts so many misleading/clickbait titles for his videos and its really annoying

Yeah, I believe Uncaged is only 19-years old so he doesn't know all there is to know about the series but, from what he told me, he's constantly researching, which is good. Guy can't help the fact that he's young as hell, lol. He's trying, though, so I support that sort of thing. He'll probably get better with time.

I thought he was a bit older. It's nice that MK9 introduced people to the series since you have people who were too young to play the older 2D games or were not allow to until they reach a age limit. He seems to respect the older games while some newer fans will hate on MK1-4 because they are old.

If I were TMK I would be pissed as well if what he says is true about how the way Warner Brothers treats sites that arent IGN or Gamespot. I still enjoy listening to him.

I watch Maximillian for his KI coverage but I he posts so many misleading/clickbait titles for his videos and its really annoying

I agree with what you're saying, even though I don't rock with CM Punk at all. ;-) Total MK is still great, I can't wait for him to drop updates on his opinions on the comics and Kung Lao and Kitana being revealed. Should be interesting to hear what he thinks, I say.

In terms of Max's KI coverage, it is good. He does a great job of breaking down the way characters move and how much damage they are likely to deal from specific combos. I'm not a huge fan of that series but it would be dope to see Jago (or even the shadow version of him) appear as the guest character in either MKX or a future MK game. Knowing that he wears blue, though, I can see certain fans ing about him not being needed in the game and the usual blah blah blah. Again, not a fan of KI but Jago was fun to use and the storyline he has with the tiger spirit is pretty cool and promising, especially for MK, when we're talking about demons possessing people in the comics and the fact that Shang Tsung steals souls like its nothing. Plus, it couldn't hurt to have another ninja in MK, right? #trollbait