Kitana Revealed!

I have a feeling that Kitana is going to be pretty frustrating to fight against. In her Royal Storm variation, she is good at zoning. but she also has a projectile counter in case you try to knock her out of her zoning. In her Assassin variation, she can do 23% off of her assassin dash special move, WITH NO METER! It's also a rushdown variation, but it has a parry.

Of course they were going to make the "it" girl have almost every answer to techniques out there. Oh, and I think the make-up for her assassin variation is spot-on. Kudos to NRS. They really nailed her. I think the make-up really adds to the whole different look she puts on. Like now you can definitely tell that although the Kitana we know is graceful and elegant, she is completely a different person when she means business. It's almost like that variation shows off her "outworld" appearance when she was primarily just one of Shao Kahn's assassins.

Hrm, time to put on my grumpy pants...

The whole point with Jade's staff is that it is magical. It extends to full length when in use and the glaive is actually the staff when thrown at people. That's how it's always been like... and now suddenly Kitana has a glaive seperate from the staff! *grumples*

If they are going to give Kitana the whole Jade moveset, at least do it right!

I'm confused as to why Mournful Kitana has a regular mask. They should have given her Jade's MK9 mask but in blue or green-blue.

r169_457x256_6201_Jade_02_2d_character_mortal_kombat_jade_atomhawk_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

I'm confused as to why Mournful Kitana has a regular mask. They should have given her Jade's MK9 mask but in blue or green-blue.

r169_457x256_6201_Jade_02_2d_character_mortal_kombat_jade_atomhawk_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

I would assume because picking up your friend's sword and using it to get revenge on bad guys is one thing, but taking the mask off their dead face and putting it on your own is quite another.

I would assume because picking up your friend's sword and using it to get revenge on bad guys is one thing, but taking the mask off their dead face and putting it on your own is quite another.

Jade didn't die with a mask on.

Jade didn't die with a mask on.

Haha. I guess NRS didn't want to risk hurting Jade's fans' feelings, by having Kitana steal her color on top of the staff. Personally, I wouldn't have minded at all if they'd turned "Jade" into an identity after the character's death, sort of like Batman in TDKR. Anyone can become "The Woman in Jade" and seek vengeance against Shao Kahn.

Maybe she'll have a Jade-influenced DLC costume yet.

I have a feeling that Kitana is going to be pretty frustrating to fight against. In her Royal Storm variation, she is good at zoning. but she also has a projectile counter in case you try to knock her out of her zoning. In her Assassin variation, she can do 23% off of her assassin dash special move, WITH NO METER! It's also a rushdown variation, but it has a parry.

Her MB verison has armor so she can pretty much get in anytime she wants on single projectile zoners. It looks super negative on block so I wouldn't worry about that move too much. Her Royal Storm variation looks dangerous though. With her mobility, she's pretty much an anti-zoning zoner. Too be fair, most of the character look dangerous. We'll see.

http://digital-art-gallery.com/oid/...t_jade_atomhawk_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

That would be cool. However, that would mean Kitana wouldn't have a blue mask in any of her variations. Really, there's no reason why her assasin variation needs to be black.

Kitana's mournful variation should have green outfit instead of blue. Just "palette-swap" his blue outfit, it wouldn't be cheap since it would be done on the same character.

And I don't understand why she has both fans and glaives on that variation, her fans should be replaced by the glaives, it makes no sense that Kitana has like 5 projectiles (counting air projectiles).