Kitana Revealed!

The MK2 look is really plain and boring in this day and age, imo. It's just too simple.

That's funny because I was thinking the opposite. The simplicity is what I like the most in her MK2 costume (it reminds me Psylocke). My favorite costumes for her are UMK3 and Shaolin Monks (big 90's feeling, that's what I like). And playing MK since 1993, I have always preferred the old costumes (MK1, MK2 & UMK3) for a lot of characters.

To be honest, and unlike the majority here, I really don't like her MKX main attire. The design is elaborated but mainy things don't seems to fit well together. I find the belt too massive, I don't like the armor pieces on her shoulders and breast, the top is oddly revealing. I definitely don't like the large pants with the over the knee boots (and to be honest, yes, I prefer the good old swimsuit...).
I think it will never happen but I would love to see a Shaolin Monks Attire DLC for her.

What I think about Kitana is more or less the same for a lot of other characters in MKX.
For example, J. Cage & Sonya looks too much like GI Joes or like characters from Resident Evil. I prefer when Johnny looks like JC Van Damme in Bloodsport...

Well, that was just my two cents.

the MK2 Mobile render's hair looks off as her Console Mk2 console render its hitting her shoulders

i don't mind the Primary outfit its different the hair is a bit weird but at the same time they wanted a change. but i like when Kitana had her long like super long hair and now her tournament its like cut off (i'm a bit sad)

but overall they improved on all the girls, but since this is a Kitana thread. also her mobile primary render she still has her eye make up so did they remove it or kept it but made it not so noticable like her first trailer reveal?

Klassic Skin
93d6d3ef18d6854bec667af60820163a.jpg

Ill add these too
0f79f16c22df528f7766baebc7cb9254.jpg

e96b7571ab62393118f8d4fcb509a24f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

These are from MKX Mobile. Klassic and Tournament Kitana have longer hair in the console version of the game. In the mobile game, Tournament Kitana actually has her hair in a bun and isn't wearing a loin cloth (only panties...). I was disappointed with this.

IMG_4902_zpsm9nixbff.png

IMG_0535_zps87ihkz4j.png

It´s great that Kitana still has blue eye shadows in her main costume¡¡¡¡ But in gameplay that can be barely saw...

In the console version, Kitana's primary doesn't have blue eyeshadow. These renders were probably designed early in production when her reveal trailer was first released.

Last edited:
These are from MKX Mobile. Klassic and Tournament Kitana have longer hair in the console version of the game. In the mobile game, Tournament Kitana actually has her hair in a bun and isn't wearing a loin cloth (only panties...). I was disappointed with this.

IMG_4902_zpsm9nixbff.png

IMG_0535_zps87ihkz4j.png

In the console version, Kitana's primary doesn't have blue eyeshadow. These renders were probably designed early in production when her reveal trailer was first released.
How are you so sure?

Ive seen a beheading fatality done on this version of Kitana and she has long hair. i took notice because her ponytail looked strange when her head was on the ground. I think it was Shinnok's fatality where he pops the head off btw.

I love how we have a ton of pages where we just talk about Kitana's hair and outfit. You guys get me :love:

I remember back when MK9 wan being developed, when every time someone said something about Kitana's hair (or anyone's for that matter), you got immediately shut down by people thinking it didn't matter.

But thing is, it's not just because it is hair. It is character modelling, it is animation, it is physics, it is realizing a concept into the very game itself - and if the developers can't do that, then they should change it instead of putting in something that simply does not work in the game. And imo, Kitana's hair in MK9 just didn't work! It's like a dead animal being swung around uncontrollably, and that's not how hair works!

So no, Kitana's hair is not something trivial. It represents her as a character, it is part of her concept, and if NRS can't make it work, they should change it.

That's what they did in MKX. I LOVE Kitana's hair in this game! They realized that they couldn't make it look good when being super long, so instead they contained it and made something beautiful with it, still fitting an Edenian ninja assassin princess from Outworld. :p

I remember back when MK9 wan being developed, when every time someone said something about Kitana's hair (or anyone's for that matter), you got immediately shut down by people thinking it didn't matter.

But thing is, it's not just because it is hair. It is character modelling, it is animation, it is physics, it is realizing a concept into the very game itself - and if the developers can't do that, then they should change it instead of putting in something that simply does not work in the game. And imo, Kitana's hair in MK9 just didn't work! It's like a dead animal being swung around uncontrollably, and that's not how hair works!

So no, Kitana's hair is not something trivial. It represents her as a character, it is part of her concept, and if NRS can't make it work, they should change it.

That's what they did in MKX. I LOVE Kitana's hair in this game! They realized that they couldn't make it look good when being super long, so instead they contained it and made something beautiful with it, still fitting an Edenian ninja assassin princess from Outworld. :p

you are right but if its because they can not do long hair cause in mk9 her primary hair look like a horse tail or as i read from people when the game was out they said it was like a hairy stiff penis in some forums, but they could of put it in her mkda/mk9 alt hair do for her mkx tournament cause Sonya and Kung Lao both have their hair down their asses and its braided and it moves some what normal

if they have problems creating long hair which i don't get why get other game developers who have worked on other games and worked on female's hair and see how they make it flowy and move like real hair. with all the money NRS has made from us in the yrs i think they can improve on hair i mean i get its tricky to make but come on

you are right but if its because they can not do long hair cause in mk9 her primary hair look like a horse tail or as i read from people when the game was out they said it was like a hairy stiff penis in some forums, but they could of put it in her mkda/mk9 alt hair do for her mkx tournament cause Sonya and Kung Lao both have their hair down their asses and its braided and it moves some what normal

if they have problems creating long hair which i don't get why get other game developers who have worked on other games and worked on female's hair and see how they make it flowy and move like real hair. with all the money NRS has made from us in the yrs i think they can improve on hair i mean i get its tricky to make but come on

lol at the "hairy stiff penis" part. XD
I wouldn't go THAT far, but it does indeed look like a long hairy tail, and free-flowing hair doesn't work like that. :p

I would LOVE to see Kitana have her MKDA-MKA hairstyle back. I thought it was really cool, and NRS should be able to make that look believable physics-wise.

I found these floating around Twitter:
Spoiler:
Erron Black: The fallen princess.
Kitana: The wandering fool.
Erron; Introduction's over. Let's go.

Mileena: Beloved Sister.
Kitana: My blood made you, that is all.
Mileena: and you will share more

I'm really interested to hear kitty's mirror dialogues.

lol at the "hairy stiff penis" part. XD
I wouldn't go THAT far, but it does indeed look like a long hairy tail, and free-flowing hair doesn't work like that. :p

I would LOVE to see Kitana have her MKDA-MKA hairstyle back. I thought it was really cool, and NRS should be able to make that look believable physics-wise.

hey thats what i read in forums before, its also why in MK9 i would go to her MK2/UMK3 skin cause it was just better her hair graphic in mk9 it just looked lame i mean what about Heavenly Sword her hair was extra long it was tied back it was flowy and moved mayne ot super perfect but it moved and that game was for ps3. so why does NRS have an issue with hair even Sindel's hair in mkx looks like 1 solid thing or a slug

when i think of Kitana i think of her beautiful long hair it was what made Kitana who she was as well as her fans. BUT i'm just overall happy that they made the mkx girls awesome no slutty outfits and i love the basic outfits (like sonya's cassie alt, jackie's alt) to the cool outfits like Mileena and Kitana's i dont understand D'Vorah's alt but i like that they are making Kitana a real badass now and her dark empress and revenant are just adding to her badassness lol

More intro dialogues :p

Spoiler:
Kitana: You betray me Liu Kang?
Liu Kang: You misunderstand.
Kitana: The price of betrayal is death!

Kitana: Cassandra Cage.
Cassie: Shall we do this?
Kitana: Yes child, we shall.

Cassie: Edenians are long lived.
Kitana: I am over 10,000 years old.
Cassie: You've lived long enough.

Kitana: Princess of Edenia
Kitana: Empress of the Netherrealm
Kitana: We meet at last.

I got those off youtube, Amore-Guy's channel, except the last one. The mirror dialogue someone posted on MKO, so the jury's out on if that one's real or not, but I thought it sounded pretty cool.

Yup, I'm so happy I joined this community :rolleyes:

:(

EDIT: Here's all of Kitana and Mileena's interaction. Also a peek at her new skins in game.

That vid was amazing!!!! but I don´t think they are all the interactions between´em...
Let´s wait and see...

Also, Kitty´s introduction with Liu was amazing... SO, she´s an overlly attached gf??? HAHAHAHAHA

Ah, so this explains why all the Kitana players are free. They spend all of their time talking about her hair over gameplay. It all makes sense now.

:rolleyes:

Ah, so this explains why all the Kitana players are free. They spend all of their time talking about her hair over gameplay. It all makes sense now.

:rolleyes:

It´s not our fault Kitana is the most beautiful videogame girl.... It´s a shame you cannot say that of yours.... HAHA....
Returning to topic, why don´t we start a petition for the MKDA suits as DLC?????
I´m sure they would think about that twice if there´s money on the table... HAHA