SPOILER ALERT:Mortal Kombat X DIGITAL COMIC DISCUSSION

No, it won't be weird, because the game's plot will have nothing to do with the daggers at all. I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't even mentioned once.

What we're seeing in the comic is just a thing that happened in the universe of Mortal Kombat at some point. It seems like a big deal to us, because Shawn Kittelsen is doing a good job of connecting this to the MKX storyline by planting Reiko into the Mileena/Kotal Kahnflict, and by connecting the Kamidaggers to Raiden's attempt to lock Shinnok away.

I'd be glad to be wrong, I think Reiko could be a very fun character in this game.

Why do ppl insist on acting like their opinion are facts? How the do you know the daggers are not involved at all, psychic? Psycho?

Why do ppl insist on acting like their opinion are facts? How the do you know the daggers are not involved at all, psychic? Psycho?

I've been talking about Havik and his daggers for 2 pages now, do I need to preface every sentence in those 2 pages with "in my opinion"? I said I'd be glad to be wrong, and I meant it.

You asked if it would be weird for Havik not to be in the game. No, if the daggers and the blood curse are not included in the game - and the game hasn't included them in the trailers yet, and has no need to include them - there won't be anything weird about Havik not getting a mention.

I've been talking about Havik and his daggers for 2 pages now, do I need to preface every sentence in those 2 pages with "in my opinion"? I said I'd be glad to be wrong, and I meant it.

You asked if it would be weird for Havik not to be in the game. No, if the daggers and the blood curse are not included in the game - and the game hasn't included them in the trailers yet, and has no need to include them - there won't be anything weird about Havik not getting a mention.

My bad man, just too many people stating things if they know what NRS is doing. Well, the red cloud and some other signs point to at least some role for the Kamidogu in the game imo.

My bad man, just too many people stating things if they know what NRS is doing.

No harm, no foul. :)

Well, the red cloud and some other signs point to at least some role for the Kamidogu in the game imo.

Yeah, it could mean that, but it could be literally anything else, too. That could just be the effect of Shinnok's amulet breaking, or it could be a Blood spell being worked by Kotal Kahn, or what have you. I mean, if the clouds had been blue instead of red, we wouldn't be having this conversation at all, you know? But they are red, so we'll just have to wait and see.

Put Kotal, Scorpion and Sub-Zero in the same chapter and you get an instant win. Goro and Havik are a bonus.

I’ve the feeling that at least one of the Shokans will be killed off next. Neither Sheeva nor Kintaro are in the game and they don’t have a huge fan base like some other characters.

Also I’m making a wild guess and say that none of the characters in the comic is villain of MK X and that Havik’s only has a small cameo role in the game. Instead my money is on Sindel because a) she’s a returning character b) her being the villain would be a real surprise and c) she fought against all the good guys, minus Raiden and Liu Kang, at once in the last game and killed most of them effortlessly.

I’ve the feeling that at least one of the Shokans will be killed off next. Neither Sheeva nor Kintaro are in the game and they don’t have a huge fan base like some other characters.

Also I’m making a wild guess and say that none of the characters in the comic is villain of MK X and that Havik’s only has a small cameo role in the game. Instead my money is on Sindel because a) she’s a returning character b) her being the villain would be a real surprise and c) she fought against all the good guys, minus Raiden and Liu Kang, at once in the last game and killed most of them effortlessly.

In response to c, she didn't really fight them all at once. They all were like hey it's a single supped up opponent. Let's all fight her one by one and watch as she kills each of us as we go in one by one until we are all dead. If she actually fought all of them at the same time, odds mighta been different

My bad man, just too many people stating things if they know what NRS is doing. Well, the red cloud and some other signs point to at least some role for the Kamidogu in the game imo.

I think he had a poor choice of words imo. Saying things like "Will not" should be replaced with " I don't think" One implies opinion, one implies a telling of what's to come guaranteed.

I don't think it's your bad.

I just noticed something while reading through the comics again. Kotal cuts himself with a dagger when he finds out about his father's death. Yet he isn't possessed. Do you guys think he is immune? Or do you think Havik will wait to possess Kotal until he brings Sonya and Johnny to the island?

I just noticed something while reading through the comics again. Kotal cuts himself with a dagger when he finds out about his father's death. Yet he isn't possessed. Do you guys think he is immune? Or do you think Havik will wait to possess Kotal until he brings Sonya and Johnny to the island?

I think it's just that Havik's only able to possess people who use the Kamidogu because he's corrupted them, not those who use blood magic in general. Kotal's blood magic is independent of the Kamidogu.

Hmm. So is there some connection between Havik and Kotal? Kotal makes mention of the Blood Code, the same thing Sub-Zero and Forrest Fox say (Or Havik says I guess) when they cut themselves.

I don't think its a komidogu. It might have been the normal dagger he has been seen with.

So i was once again reading AWESOME Chapter 13 again and the part where Hanzo and Scorpion are talking raised a Question?

Takeda- So the last time you fought this Sub Zero, you lost?
Hanzo- It was a technical loss, we were interrupted!

Im assuming Takeda is referring to Bi-Han Hanzo lost to, but what boogles me is, who is Hanzo talking about. Did a fight happen between Kuai and Hanzo that im not remembering?

If someone can clarify this that be great or if you think im overthinking it, please say so!

So i was once again reading AWESOME Chapter 13 again and the part where Hanzo and Scorpion are talking raised a Question?

Takeda- So the last time you fought this Sub Zero, you lost?
Hanzo- It was a technical loss, we were interrupted!

Im assuming Takeda is referring to Bi-Han Hanzo lost to, but what boogles me is, who is Hanzo talking about. Did a fight happen between Kuai and Hanzo that im not remembering?

If someone can clarify this that be great or if you think im overthinking it, please say so!

They're both talking about the fight that Kuai Liang and Hanzo had in Sub-Zero's MK9 chapter. S/Z had Hanzo on the ropes when the Lin Kuei interrupted.

They're both talking about the fight that Kuai Liang and Hanzo had in Sub-Zero's MK9 chapter. S/Z had Hanzo on the ropes when the Lin Kuei interrupted.

That makes complete sense...thank you for clarifying! I can't believe that slipped my mind

The scene from the story trailer with the red cloud is Shinnok successfully poisoning the Jinsei of Earthrealm, calling it now.
Shinnok will be the final boss and a lot of the people making HUGE reaches for Havik and Reiko are gonna be sorely disappointed.

The scene from the story trailer with the red cloud is Shinnok successfully poisoning the Jinsei of Earthrealm, calling it now.
Shinnok will be the final boss and a lot of the people making HUGE reaches for Havik and Reiko are gonna be sorely disappointed.

I already suspected it was Shinnok, but that right there makes a lot of sense my friend.

Would be cool if he is different from the playable Shinnok, but other than that, I have little problems with him being boss. It was kind of obvious from the beginning, but I do think NRS made a huge mistake showing his variations and in the select screen because now even his look and moves will not be a surprise anymore. To show your boss like that is just weird..